Poison Ivy (2022) | Book Discussion | Spoilers Ahead!

Issue 9 is finally avail for me. I love them so much, reading the extra background stories have giving me more a glimpse of everything too. Even though I’m not finished yet.

6 Likes

The whole series has been a wonderful read, but this is absolutely a great issue all by itself. Seeing them together again was worth the wait. :00_harlivy:

8 Likes

Just wanted to drop this off :rose:

8 Likes

Can we talk about Knight Terrors in here too? I don’t plan to read all of it right away, but Ivy is one of my first stops.

6 Likes

I can’t speak for @Razzzcat, but I don’t think she’d mind if you did. That said, I plan to do my Ivy Knight Terrors reaction in the Knight Terrors thread and everyone there has done a pretty good job of not spoiling things or blurring spoilers, if that’s the concern.

4 Likes

Ditto on everything Detective @TheCosmicMoth stated, @d.Manha! (Hi btw, Moth! :hugs: )

General/overall Knight Terrors talk is :100: welcome in the designated Knight Terrors thread. But! If you want to chat in depth about the tie-ins, that’s perfectly fine too!

Here or in Harleys (newly converted) on-going series discussion, or even in Wonder Woman’s on-going thread (Green Lantern has a separate thread too) everyone is more than happy to have both your company and your thoughts wherever you go. :purple_heart:

Ps: Here’s this:Harley Quinn (2021) | Series Discussion | Spoilers Ahead

And this

6 Likes

Hey, @Razzzcat :hugs:

3 Likes

You gonna watch the World Cup Final @TheCosmicMoth? :eyes: I’m still bummed our :us: ladies are out, but msgtv and I were talking about it in the lounge in the World Cup thread, so now I’m thinking about it since you’re here :soccer: Okay bye. :hugs:

6 Likes

Probably! If I don’t oversleep :laughing:

Yeah, lots to unpack from their performance… I may swing by the WC thread to see what you all thought and see what I can add!

4 Likes

Same! I’m going to set, like, 5 alarms :alarm_clock: :rotating_light: :laughing: And no worries if you don’t make it by. The threads not going anywhere, but I’d be curious whatcha think.

5 Likes

Thanks @Razzzcat @TheCosmicMoth!

5 Likes

I was just thinking this the other day. I’m only planning on checking out a few and would stay in here when I get to Ivy’s.

It wasn’t until I saw a moth that I put it together and thought about the name . :face_in_clouds:

6 Likes

I want to use a better word than cute, but they are. :00_harlivy: they’re cute, theres no way around it lol

9 Likes

Picked up variants for #11 and #12. The art in this series blows me away.

9 Likes

Oooh look at those covers! I think I like the second one a bit more

5 Likes

Bet. The art is crazy good! :ivy_kiss: Those are great choices.

6 Likes

Just did a really long post about Knight Terrors Poison Ivy in the Knight Terrors thread, for anyone interested:

5 Likes

You’re awesome, Moth! Thanks for dropping this in both places. :green_heart: I have a series of reviews for the KT thread (and one for in here), but I want to read more first.

Speaking of which… :eyes: just remembered I forgot to post my Issue 13 review! :facepalm_catwoman: Brb.

First, here’s these upcoming variants, everyone! (I’m especially :star_struck: with :point_down: this one):

9 Likes

Oh… hi, plant momma… :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Dear G. Willow Wilson, Marcio Takara & Co,
I feel like I’m running out of ways to say thank you and I love this. :see_no_evil: Issue 13: We’re back in town (:wave: Hey Selina! Hey Croc!), and the next phase has officially begun, starting immediately with a “redevelopment” that will surely cause more strife. I’m still :100: down to go wherever you decide to take me—including Slaughter Swamp! I hope this means we’ll see my man Dr. Holland at some point, especially with whatever was lurking around. I’m also super curious to see what domestic bliss w/ Harls will look like, and what (possibly) glorious way Ivy will ruin Lex’s (annoying af) luxury condos! Great topic/side quest that feels right at home in this series. A world w/ massive economic disparities, and questionable ethics has been our backdrop from the start, so Ivy should be one of the people attempting to stop something from eating away at her “home”. :green_heart: :poisonivy_hqas: :pray: Thank you, once again.

The opening panels were perfection, so I’m going with this page as my favorite:

This one was pretty great, too.

And here’s another track for :rose: Ivy’s playlist… since swamps always make me think of this band for some reason, the lovely lady gets a lovely (and my fave) CCR song…

🌹 Additional thoughts on Dr Isley, Pt.8

I really am running out of ways to say how much I’m enjoying this series and how impressed I’ve been! :see_no_evil:

It’s like my brain overloads every issue. The topics, artwork and a style of storytelling used throughout are things I crave. Normally I’d have to search high and low for it, but this time it’s right in front of me, wrapped in a bow! I have NO choice but to keep recommending it to even non-comics readers and to keep saying :heartpulse: thank you.

It’s just all been such a magnificent, and honestly, unexpected step forward for Ivy. This is one of those pivotal events in her history, no doubt about it—right up there w/ her creation, meeting Harley, and Lake Bell (crushing it over on HQAS). :crown:

Anyway. We’re in swamp, so :face_with_monocle: I MUST STATE THIS:
I hope we get to see Swampy at some point. I don’t know where things are headed, obviously, but I’d be very happy (understatement) to see Dr. Holland and Dr. Isley working together. :earth_americas: It makes sense to me. I can’t help it. And if anyone is going get that relationship right the first time out, IMO, it’s G. Willow Wilson.

11 Likes