Please stop trying to make Damien Wayne happen.

Damian is one of my favorite DC characters. I love his sass and it definately adds a new vibe to Robin. I, fo course, love ALL the Robin’s and have trouble picking a favorite but there was a time where I was a about Damian. What really got me into him was the arc after Bruce “died” and Dick took on the role of the Bat after the Battle for the Cowl (pre new-52, around 2009-2011, I believe). Grant Morrison really does such a great job! Very entertaining, and it’s fun to see their relationship develop. Dick kind of “domesticating” Damian hahaha. By the end of it, their bond is like no other.

Another good read I recommend is in the same time period. The Red Robin series. Damian’s appearances are GREAT. Particularly, around issue #13 The Hit List. Not only is the art ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL (thank you Marcus To!) But it really shows a lot about Damian’s character and how far he’s come. He has tried to prove himself to be worthy of the family’s trust and even looks like he’s about to cry when Tim Drake still considers him untrustworthy. The issue DC Universe. You should check it out!

Plus, the relationship between Dick and Damian is so pure and strong I love it. Google “Damian Wayne letters to Dick Grayson” for heart-melting cuteness.

Overall, Damian Wayne is a BAMF & amazing character. Love him so much.

3 Likes

Love him. Already answered this exact same post too many times to do it again as to why but apparently lots of people hate him & lots of people love him. But I am surprised at how many threads there are asking if anyone really likes him.

1 Like

I love him he’s suck a prick XD and his costume is badass for a robin

1 Like

The only problem I have with Damian Wayne is that he’s a Robin. I understand the whole Dynamic Duo thing with Batman and Robin but he’s the son and heir of Batman not just some kid that’s being trained and used by Batman as a sidekick. I would’ve liked for him to have a new and unique name to differentiate him from all the others. Something like Bat-Boy the Dark Squire. I mean he’s not just some kid off the street with a troubled past and above average athletic abilities he’s a kid fathered by Batman and born with Talia and Ra’s al Ghul’s blood coursing through his veins plus he was raised, trained, and brainwashed from birth by both Talia and Ra’s to be one of the most dangerous and highly skilled fighters ever and also highly intelligent and educated making him so much more than just another “boy wonder”. Other than him being another Robin I love Damian Wayne and to be honest it’s not even really that big a deal to me that he’s another Robin I only bring it up because that’s the closest I can come to finding fault with Damian Wayne

I never liked Jason Todd or dick Grayson until they became nightwing and red hood. Damian Wayne is the first robin that I’ve liked.

1 Like

Damien Wayne is my favorite Robin by far and the Son of Batman was an excellent portrayal/introduction of the character.

As to why I like Damien, he’s incredibly ambitious, disciplined, hard working and smart (like his father). He’s an amazing fighter too. He has the most personality and it doesn’t feel like a fad/trope like it does with some of the other Robin characters (Jason Todd comes off as too edgy, especially initially to curtial the goodie too shoes Robin narrative. Tim Drake is tech nerd computer hacker because that was so 90s). He’s hilarious and Stuart Allen’s portrayal of him is fantastic. I really love Batman + Robin (Dick + Damien) and their encounter with Professor Pyg, excellent stuff.

I am really looking forward to seeing what the character is like when he’s a young adult (late teens/early 20s).

1 Like

I agree with the comments, Damian is my favorite Robin. Best backstory, the pull to how I think a teen killer would act like, trying to be good, under the authoritarian dad . . . he is just a more will rounded for today’s generation.