Please stop trying to make Damien Wayne happen.

Really liked his run when Dick was Batman. Also his friend ship and dynamic with John in Super Sons made me a fan of the character where he is now my second favorite Robin. When John freaked out after going super solar and possibly hurting the teen titans Damian calming him down is one of my favorite moments from that series.

Also to the guy who said he likes Damien because of his skin color. What do you like about him as a character? I’m genuinely asking.

I love the warring sides of his character, I love his love for animals and rough compassion for his friends and loved ones. I don’t just love him for his diversity, his diversity is just a part of his character that makes him unique and special and I think it’s a factor that should be celebrated, and honestly the comic industry has taken a step in the wrong direction as of late with censoring issues and in some, very few, but definitely some were they just wipe out part of a characters cultural background. I think that can be just as important as being a billionaire or having some catch phrase is to a character and should be utilized as a part of the story.

2 Likes

It’s like if they made Dick Grayson some kid who was born and raised in Gotham City and not a circus kid. Which is kind of what they did with Jason Todd, but they made a different character completely that had a similarities to Dick, mainly in appearance, and originally in character background until they changed it. I’m just saying that we should be celebrating diversity of our characters and utilizing all aspects of a character rather than just ignoring it.

1 Like

He’s been Robin for over a decade now so I think they’ve officially made him “happen” as it were lol. He’s definitely at the bottom of my list of Robins, but above most of the other sidekicks/partners, but I think they’ve done good work with him overall. The era from Grant Morrison introducing him through the New 52, and ending with his Robin Son of Batman series was great in my opinion, with him undergoing a good deal of development.

3 Likes

Thank you for not getting mad. Diversity is good when there is good writing behind it and a creative decision instead of a corporate one. Case in point my third favorite character from DC is Sideways when I didn’t think he would be at first since he was a brand new character.

DC had some back bone to make a brand new character with nothing backing him up except whether or not people would like him as a character.

I wish Marvel would take more risks like that instead of a new diverse hero taking an established heroes title.

2 Likes

Nah Harley Quinn is definitely being forced in more than Damian. Damian is actually a pretty cool character nowadays, I love his character growth!

5 Likes

Damian is my second favorite Robin after Tim Drake. He’s a badass and a wise ass Robin.

1 Like

Damian works best with a partner like Dick of Jon, he is definitely at his worst when with the Titans they should have given him and John their own version of young justice instead.

I’m definitely a fan and I love Damien. But it’s all personal opinions. I love how he is a crazy little psychopath, but how he comes to love Batman and his family is great!

Check out Dan Didio’s run on Batman and Robin from the New 52, which is coming out in omnibus soon.

It was a great read!

2 Likes

Damian is a very popular character. He’s my second favorite Robin (after Dick) and the owner of my local comic book store once said he was their most popular character (this was in 2016)

1 Like

Damien is my 2nd fav Robin. All my friends like him.

DW is more Batman than Bruce, that is why i enjoy his stories. Bruce is trying to teach himself in a younger body and when he is with Grayson, Nightwing is teaching Batman. LLB!

1 Like

Bat-cow says moo!

1 Like

Actually, Damian Wayne is my favorite DC superhero if not my favorite superhero overall I love how bratty he is and I constantly find my self laughing hysterically at his interactions with the other bat family members

2 Likes

I actually really hated Damien, but now with Jon Kent around, Super Sons is really starting to make Damien an awesome character. Imagine Jon and Damien as the new Superman and Batman one day, that would be a huge payoff.

That said, it does piss me off that Tim basically loses any relevance he had as being the last Robin. I suspect the people who hate Damien are huge Tim fans, as Dick is Nightwing and has his own identity, so it doesn’t really matter. Same story with Jason.

1 Like

Damian is the best. I recommend checking out Tomasi and Gleason’s run on Batman & Robin to see why Damian is great. He’s not a one dimensional character. There’s more going on beneath the surface. I don’t read Teen Titans, but I will say it takes a competent writer to portray him well.

1 Like

He’s a character that tries to mask himself from others but there’s more layers to him. Difficult character to write. He’a gotta grow on you a little.

1 Like

I’ve never been a big fan of Damian. He doesn’t bring anything new to the table; as Robin, he’s a copy/paste of Jason Todd, only edgier. However, I’ve always found him to be far more insufferable than Jason. Sure, he’s had his moments, but then he goes right back to being an obnoxious narcissist. Granted, he IS a complex character, but he’s just insufferably arrogant and annoying. I can tolerate him in Super Sons, solely because he and Jon have an interesting dynamic that sort of echoes their fathers, but otherwise, no. Just…no.

2 Likes

In all honesty, I love Damian. It took awhile for me to pass my ‘Nightwing is amazing’ then my Red Hood phase, but my favorite Batfam characters goes by

1. Tim Drake. He never get’s the recognition he deserves, and I love that he is in the Young Justice series, but there’s not a lot to him in it like there is with Dick in the first season. Which I hate.
  2. Damian Wayne. He can be an arrogant shrimp, but he’s been through a lot. He was raised by Ra’s and Talia for Pete’s sake (Who the hell is Pete) and to suddenly be pushed into his dad’s arms? A man he’s heard legends and stories about, but he’s never met? And not only that, but he has to follow totally different rules. Totally new morals. He can’t kill. Which he was trained to do. And just think about it, Damian was basically number one. He could beat practically anyone in the league of assassins, AND he was the grandson of THE Ra’s Al Ghul. But on the inside, he’s still a kid who was forced to grow up to fast. And I feel like after being killed by Heretic, he’s changed a little.
  3. Jason Todd. Jason Todd is well, Jason Todd I absolutely adore him as Red Hood. He’s quipy (Quippy?) Holds his own morals, and he isn’t afraid to get the job done. And come on, Jason Todd is a friggin sexy beast. A lot of us can agree with that.
  4. Dick Grayson. I love Dick with all my heart, and he has an amazing character arc. Just because he’s at the bottom of my Robin list, doesn’t mean he’s my least favorite character. I love all of them. But if you were to ask me on the spot, it would be in this order.

Now I might’ve gone off track, but I don’t care. Damian is an awesome character. To me.

2 Likes

Kelseyjreed23 you are SO CORRECT…you are like a DC comics dictionary… you rule