Please stop trying to make Damien Wayne happen.

With each new entry into the Titan series I feel DW being forced on the fanbase. I find him to be the least likeable Robin who previously had a perfect Trinity of different paths effect.

I don’t know of a single DC fan that likes him either.

Am I missing something? Is he secretly popular?

11 Likes

He actually has lots of fans just an FYI. I happen to be one of them so just because you may not know of any doesn’t mean that they aren’t there at all.

6 Likes

Personally, I love him. He’s not my favorite Robin, no, but his dynamic with the other Robins is pretty great. He makes for great comedy around people like Dick Grayson, and I find that very endearing.

1 Like

HUGE FAN HERE!!
I really wish they never brought Bruce Wayne back and they had the dynamic duo be Batman/Dick Grayson and Damien Wayne/Robin. Best. Chemistry Ever!!

1 Like

@nightwing77: Yeah they are the best dynamic duo ever. I enjoyed their chemistry together and really wish we could have had a longer time with them as Batman and Robin.

1 Like

I hated him initially. Theyve done a lot to develope him over the years. Hes become a pretty great character.

Yeah, I hated him at first too but then they started to develop his character and I grew to like him over time.

1 Like

He makes Batman look like a sidekick sometimes and it is funny. He will be around for a while.

1 Like

He is my favorite Robin after Richard, he is way better than Tim and Jason.

1 Like

I hate Damian

3 Likes

I used to hate Damian, but ever since Rebirth I’ve loved him. He’s been great in Supersons.

2 Likes

Please get over it. He is a thing, and has been for 12 years now.

2 Likes

Also sometime people are written to be disliked in comics even if they are the good guys. It’s called a character arc.

Damian used to be a really bad character but I think over the years he’s been pretty good. He has had a lot of solid character development that has had him become more humble (getting killed by your adult clone will do that), becoming the leader of the Teen Titans, and made him worthwhile.

1 Like

He’s literally my favorite Robin, has been ever since Morrison’s run of Batman & Robin.

2 Likes

Totally agree, he just doesn’t work in his role as leader of the Teen Titans. I don’t find it believable that any of his teammates like or respect him in the way they should being their leader, rather he’s just the rich kid who pays for all their stuff. This kind of ruins the whole team dynamic since typically Robin is supposed to be the core of the Teen Titans. Also, I find it kind of hilarious that the first thing they do in the Rebirth run of Teen Titans is show Damian celebrating his 13th birthday just to remind the audience that he is technically a teen, even though the last time we all checked he was 11. Its all so forced, they should have just kept Tim Drake on as leader of the Teen Titans.

2 Likes

I like Damien

I love Damien. I use to feel the same way tho. The first three were cool enough for me. But after playing Injustice 2 where you get to play as Damien, it completely changed my mind set. His story is really cool and skills are BADA**. In the game he is also more of a young adult/teenager which made him more like able.

I enjoy what I’ve read of Damian, I just wish the artists of DC would stop white-washing their stories. Damian is half Arab, I love that about him as it adds more diversity and culture into the comics, but taking that away is just sad. It has no purpose, definitely doesn’t increase the story value, and it brings it back to the Silver and Golden ages of comics, where any comic characters of color were unseen, or completely unrecognizable, or entirely stuck to their stereotypes almost poking fun at a culture. I love the former league of assassins Damian Wayne, not the Damian “On my way to the suburban mall in my Dad’s Mustang” Wayne.

2 Likes

+Yazof “brings it back to the Silver and Golden ages of comics” That’s exaggerated and not true.