Pick a Comic Cover or Panel to Turn Into a Statue

Thought this might be a fun topic. For the collectors out there, have you ever come across a comic cover or panel and thought “Gee, this would just look great on my shelf?” Not only is it an opportunity to share some of our favorite art… who knows? Maybe DC Direct will take note of some possibilities :slightly_smiling_face:.

7 Likes

I’ll start, I’d go bonkers if there was a Designer Series statue of this Ivan Reis panel (from Man of Steel #1).

6 Likes

11 Likes

991483-dw03020

7 Likes

I want this to be a diamond select statue so bad. They’re prices cant be beat.

8 Likes

@LEXC0RP That Lex Image reminds me of the Iron Studios Art Scale statue. The exclusive version somewhat resembles that with the tattered cape & everything

Non exclusive (without the cape, with a piece of Kryptonite instead) can still be had for somewhat reasonable prices (sub $100).

6 Likes

I have so many awesome solo statues and I could think of a thousand more.

But…

I can haz thiz? (Also add Streaky… cat is crying alone outside image)

11 Likes

Just one? Aargh. I think this might have been a commissioned piece.

Ok, needed to add another. I’m a nonconformist.

10 Likes

I’ve never seen that! Thanks man

2 Likes

Post as many as you like @SWhite!

That Batman one with the cape reminds of the McFarlane Black & White statue.

2 Likes

It’s a McFarlane drawing also. I have always enjoyed Batman with a cape that is absurdly large even though tactically it makes no sense.

3 Likes

Guess what I want.

4 Likes

Or this.

Or this.

7 Likes

That’s a great pick (the Green Lantern/Arrow with the battery). If pulled off successfully (which I imagine wouldn’t be an easy feat), would make one heck of a centerpiece.

1 Like

This one is begging for statue treatment

10 Likes

That would go perfectly with the Jim Lee statues that were based on his Hush cover and a Superman cover. I had them once but ended up having to sell them. Sigh.

2 Likes

image image

5 Likes

It needs to be done. I’d pair with the Designer Series Jim Lee Superman Statue

5 Likes

@moro this is such an awesome idea! I feel like I’m finding these all the time! Here are a few.

Batman vs Deathstroke

Deathstroke

Batman & Robin vs Joker

Joker with Batman Effects

Huntress Upside Down

Super Action Pose Batman

9 Likes

4 Likes