Pick a Comic Cover or Panel to Turn Into a Statue

Great pics @KeyFamily, especially that Deathstroke in front of the batsignal. For a character with a costume/look as distinctive as Deathstroke, you’d think we’d so more pieces involving him.

3 Likes

Ivan Reis? Yes please!

3 Likes

Dc direct just released a batman vs deathstroke statue like 3 months ago. It’s so nice, i wanted it but it was like 300.

1 Like

I’ve always loved this image from Identity Crisis. Maybe a little macabre but hey…

2 Likes

Remember seeing that. Very nice piece. Keep an eye on Amazon and GameStop. Sometimes these statues get deep discounts on both sites.

1 Like

Macabre is definitely the right word for that one; great piece of art nonetheless!

1 Like

This is insane, @LEXC0RP! I didn’t know it even existed! The level of detail on both characters is incredible and I love the action pose. Thank you for the heads up!

Thank you @moro - I couldn’t agree more! I’ve been scouring the interwebs for a solid Deathstroke figure and the selection is super limited.

4 Likes

I’ve been trying to think of one and most of the ones that come to mind it really needs the background to do it justice. I did come across this last night as I was reading JL’s DCUBC Superman/Batman second arc. I don’t think (?) this has been made into a statue yet.

The Gary Frank one of Superman and Lois is already a statue (too expensive for me) but I guess another one I’d snag if I had the cash would be the panel from N52 JL where Sup and WW kiss up in the air. I know there’s a version of that but its with the cloud base and both in different pose’s.
I would get this one without a second thought towards my wallet. :sweat_smile:

7 Likes

I see you typing moro! please don’t tell me there’s a statue of this LOL

1 Like

Ahem…Clark is one lucky man :joy:.

Nice picks. The Superman Wonder Woman kiss statue has long been an item I kinda sorta wanted to track down. The fact that they were only an item for a brief period is what convinces me to back off.

3 Likes

wait I know about the cloud base one but is issue 12 cover one?!

1 Like

That was my immediate reaction, but then I saw you acknowledging the cloud one :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Oh thank Goodness! It would be torture if it was and I couldn’t afford it LOL

2 Likes

They made a Lee Bermejo Batman in the Designer Series line. How about Superman and Wonder Woman?

How about a whole Lee Bermejo Justice League?

6 Likes

Would love that! Of the 3 AC #1000 I have that’s one of them and I’ve contemplated getting the action figure of it but always get something else when my demons kick in :sweat_smile:

1 Like

The Designer Series Lee Bermejo Batman and Superman are two of my favorite figures (can still be had pretty cheap). Always wished they would at least make a Wonder Woman to compliment them. Alas, that figure line is discontinued.

1 Like

Yeah wanna say I see it at around 20. As much as I love the tweeter head Lynda Carter S1 WW it’s just too big and a bit high for me to justify buying right now. Only have one WW eaglemoss fig right now with probably 10 :sweat_smile: on my amazon “save for later” list. For ones on the cheaper side, I like Iron Studios WW but wish they were a little more creative on the base’s (same for 89 Batman). It’s just a plain black base. I use to be fairly good at sculpting as a kid and have thought about getting some of that polyclay and just making my own statues. Possibly even just getting that WW and making my own base at the least.

1 Like

Maybe you can start taking requests via this thread and start a side gig :joy:.

1 Like

:rofl: Will have to charge an arm and a leg so I can pay lawyer’s after DC sue('s?) me.

1 Like

Hear that DC? We have a sculptor in the house! Be generous and give the guy a license for a little side hustle (joking :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:).

Ok back to staying on topic.

How about a John Byrne Supes?

5 Likes