🪙Pennyworth S3 Discussion Thread🪙

:rotating_light:Spoiler Warning​:rotating_light:
Discuss chat theorize and enjoy.

The teaser is here with a time frame no exact date. But also what appears to be a title change adding “The Origins of Batman’s Butler” as a sub title.

Teaser

Trailer

10 Likes

so, uh…will this actually boost viewership?

3 Likes

Its weird we live in a world where a show about Aftred gets Three seasons and possiby more

2 Likes

Hoorah.

I like the show.

So I’m happy.

@millernumber1

so, uh…will this actually boost viewership?

Yes. Yes, it will.

Well… maybe. Or it may not.

But it might. :smiling_face:

Anyway, the press release:

Season Three Of PENNYWORTH: THE ORIGIN OF BATMAN’S BUTLER Debuts This October…

• Season three of the hit DC series, PENNYWORTH: THE ORIGIN OF BATMAN’S BUTLER, from Warner Bros. Television, debuts this October on HBO Max as a Max Original.

• Logline: The DC origin series PENNYWORTH: THE ORIGIN OF BATMAN’S BUTLER follows Alfred Pennyworth (Jack Bannon), a former British SAS soldier, who forms a security company in 1960s London and goes to work with young billionaire Thomas Wayne (Ben Aldridge) and his wife Martha (Emma Paetz), before they become Bruce Wayne’s parents. Season three of the psychological thriller begins after a five-year time jump: the civil war is over, and a cultural revolution has changed the world for better or worse – ushering in a new age of Super Heroes and Supervillains.

• Cast: Jack Bannon, Ben Aldridge, Emma Paetz, Paloma Faith, Ryan Fletcher, Dorothy Atkinson, Ramon Tikaram, Harriet Slater and Simon Manyonda.

• The first two seasons of PENNYWORTH are currently available on HBO Max.

• Credits: Based on DC characters created by Bob Kane with Bill Finger, the ten-episode drama series from Warner Bros. Television is executive produced by Bruno Heller, Matthew Patnick, Danny Cannon and John Stephens. The series is produced in the UK at Warner Bros. Studios Leavesden.

The tie-in comic is fun too…

Hoorah.

And hooray.

@Clonegeek18

Its weird we live in a world where a show about Aftred gets Three seasons and possiby more

I guess it’s the godd*mn Batman affect.

It of course doesn’t work all of the time. Just… kind of a lot.

2 Likes

Looking at comments on the video there were many that didn’t even know it existed so maybe :sweat_smile:.

2 Likes

Same

Still have to get to reading the comic. Probably bumping that up on my list to read before October.

2 Likes

Yeah, I guess the official title of the series is now:

Pennyworth: The Origin of Batman’s Butler

That’s the title on My List on… my list on HBO Max.

So for people who may not have know about the show, and like Batman, maybe they’ll check it out now.

And everyone who already likes the series will watch it because it’s the new season.

That’s sneaky. :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Jack Bannon :heart_eyes:

3 Likes

Oh snap, I didn’t realize Pennyworth was about ALFRED Pennyworth!!

Legit, if this season shows who taught him how to make little finger sandwiches, I’m all in :scream:

5 Likes

:laughing: the true reason this show was made.

3 Likes

Alfred and Martha should’ve been together!!!

3 Likes

I’m still getting caught up on this show and hope to be ready for Season 3 when it drops on October 6th. Great show, very unexpected and unique take on familiar DC characters.

Watching this is part of my Sunday Night DC TV marathon and I love the performances. Alfred is a true badass.

5 Likes

The official trailer is up.

6 Likes

Wonder who from the comics will show up

1 Like

The only person Alfred should be kissing is Martha!!!

3 Likes

Season 1 was one of the things that Starz offered to everyone when the lockdown happened and all the large companies made some of their content free to everyone (well, everyone with decent internet access!). I was arranging virtual watch parties then and tried hard to get folks interested in a S1 Pennyworth and no one bit (even though I got three different groups to sit through Shazam! and even sit through the Lego Flash direct to DVD movie). I finally sat through it myself and personally found it too violent for my personal taste and didn’t particularly enjoyed some of the more out there story ideas they aimed for, in particular their Brit version of D-List Psycho Clown Murdereress. Although I do really enjoy her signing. I see from the trailer that she, somehow, is still alive and still in the series.

Sigh. I guess this is why I was never into Gotham?

3 Likes

You thought Gotham was very violent?

2 Likes

Yay @NYJt3! :smiley: :fist_right: :fist_left: Thx for posting this thread. Am sooo ready for Season 3!

#I’llPutAKettleOn :uk:
#Year3300

4 Likes

My new favorite saying :teapot:

3 Likes

Sorry for the late reply; no, I thought Pennyworth S1 was excessive in their violence, but generally I’m not a fan of things like child abuse, spousal abuse, versus say big explosions in space or fantasy war as in GoT or LotR; it was things like Joffrey’s interpersonal behavior towards an individual, for example, that I took exception to.

2 Likes