🦅 Peacemaker S1 Discussion Thread 🦅

It would be cool if The Reach make some sort of cameo or get name dropped at the end so Peacemaker leads into Blue Beetle. It would be cool to see any further universe building, in general. But, yeah, we shouldn’t hold our breaths.

Also, re-reading the earlier comments, I see that @NYJt3 had the same thought that I did. Good to see I was not alone!

5 Likes

Ep7

Holy “:cow2:”

These episodes just don’t miss!
Economos you f*cking stud x2.

Great emotional performances and satisfying conclusion to the White Dragon story. Didn’t think the brothers death could be anymore sad and cruel wow… left me depressed throughout the opening dance while also remembering Detective Song + Fitz are dead too. Murn’s death toooo gahh :sob:

Jennifer Holland’s Harcourt journey + emotional performance have been highlights of the past couple episodes for me. These characters are all great additions to the DCEU and hopefully we get more of them in a Season 2 or the movies or both! Oh and that fight with Judo Master was so cool!

Was on the edge of my seat :fearful: laughing :laughing: and tearing up multiple times :cry:
Can’t wait for the finale!

6 Likes

One thing about this episode….loved he went back for his Cheetos lol

6 Likes

very happy peacemaker’s dad is dead, very sad Murn is dead, did anyone notice butterfly fitz seemed really upset? will he betray butterfly goff/sophie, the cow is something? nice to see Leota come clean

6 Likes

E7

Great episode

Harcourt confronts Waller’s daughter and it’s all spilt. The bugs invade and Murn gets it. Sad death scene man. Poor Murn. The Judo master. Fun at the store with Cheetos. Great fight with him and Harcourt too.

Peacemaker, Vigilante, and John off to get help. Then lock and an awesome™:+1: battle against White Dragon and crew. Thought Vigilante died for sec. John mowing them down and a heart hitting battle with Peacemaker. He killed. Great but sad for Peacemaker. He lived his dad even though he was a monster.

The hospital was fun with Vigilante. Remember rope not tape. :sweat_smile:. Very sweet with Eagly and the team is ready with the new leader. The docs wanting to help as hilarious :laughing::laughing:.

Now off to the cow. Starting to think the butterflies are original creations and not form anything DC. But hey not first time DC’s done this won’t be the last.

Can they stop the cow? Will there friendships be restored? Will there be Peace? All this and more Same Peaceful Time Same Peaceful Channel

4 Likes

This episode made me feel for each member

Given that Peacemaker no longer want to kill humans

I worry that
Something in the
Final episode
Makes him go back
To his old ways

Specifically
I worry about something
Happening to Harcourt

More Specifically
I worry that
She becomes a Butterfly

And that
She begs
Peacemaker
To kill her
While she is still fighting possesion

And he does it.

Last line
“Peacemaker What a Joke.”

4 Likes

Initial thoughts:

Yay! White Dragon’s outta here! Poor Chris, though. Very heartbreaking to see the actual COD for his brother.

Nooooo Murn :weary: And I was actually really surprised by how hard Murn’s death hit Harcourt specifically.

(squinting at the cow) don’t like that.

Those tied-up workers are RAW.

6 Likes

Kind of have to co-sign with a lot of this. Those vets are freaking RIDE OR DIE and I thought it was hilarious.

I thought the scene with Peacemaker talking to Eagly on the vet bed was a good condension of what this show is. We get this heartfelt, yet hilarious prayer from Peacemaker, pleading to God to save his pet eagle, and you feel nothing but pure joy when you see this CGI eagle hug this man. It’s so weird but so hilarious and poignant.

Also, while the idea of these aliens being something like the Reach is becoming more and more of a…reach, there are some people who are comparing the Cow we saw at the end to another creature in the DC universe with such innocent beginnings:

8 Likes

SEASON 2 INCOMING!!! :peace_symbol: :dove:

8 Likes

Yeah LOL thankfully Peacemaker + crew saved them from becoming Milton 2.0

5 Likes

Well…THAT was a helluva finale! There were laughs, tears, surprises and more. I won’t spoil anything but I will say I loved it just as much as I loved the entire series. Fantastic from start to finish. Bravo to James Gunn and the entire cast and crew.

6 Likes

WHOA

S1 Finale - SPOILERS ! —

Sooo funny and dang intense, had me going through emotions if Harcourt was gonna die and what a sweet scene at the hospital with her and Chris :face_holding_back_tears:

Haven’t laughed at pain this hard in a while when Economos ripped his shin going over a wood fence or Adebayo flying head first into a wall

Didn’t think we’d get some character depth for Economos this late in the show, a very welcomed surprise.

My brain broke when The Justice League showed up. Heard there were cameo(s) in the finale but thought it’d be TSS related. WOW :exploding_head: Guess Aquaman now holds the record for most F-bombs dropped by a League member :smirk: Loved that Peacemaker basically said F U to them :joy:

Wonder what this finale means for the future of the Suicide Squad franchise :thinking: I loved that it got exposed to the public by Adebayo as no other way would’ve stung worse for Waller. The team can’t really exist right if it’s suppose to be covert with no publicly known connection to the USA? It’s a nice book-end imo for the extension of TSS be the end of the Task Force X program. Slipknot can now rest in peace (he can climb anything)

Honestly forgot about Judomaster during the finale and when he showed up thought Goff was going to take em’ over. If I could critique anything is that his plot/involvement should’ve been more included in this butterfly story wrap up but doesn’t take away from me loving the finale either.

I wonder if Goff will die offscreen when Season 2 starts. Like after Peacemaker runs out of the food. Maybe there’ll be a little grave for Goff around his trailer.

Thoroughly enjoyed every single episode, the writing, cast, everything :v: awesome job!

5 Likes

I was hoping that the post-credit scene of the finale would be a teaser for Black Adam somehow, someway since that’s the next DCEU film/project to be released but alas, not to be.

5 Likes

wow that was crazy, did not expect the justice league cameo, peacemaker was right to tell them off but maybe nest time use Flash to get a hospital super fast

6 Likes

No spoilers on the finale

Just

Wow
Wow
Wow

5 Likes

E8 Finale

Wow that was crazy.

Off with the mission. The helmets were fun and Eagly too. But then John is undercover to do what needs to be done. Some depth and growth from him then things get crazy.

What a fight in the field. Just amazing. But when Vig and Harcourt got shot I thought that might have been it. And John’s leg. Poor John :laughing:.

Adebeyo with shooting her way in there. The the helmet :laughing:.

Peacemaker gets Goff’s offer. Then the similarities are shown. He makes the choice to stop them but not kill Goff.

Then they go with the big cameo. The Justice League wow and Mamoa and Miller. Crazy. Fun stuff with. The league late. Seems like a thing that happens a lot with DC in general with other teams. They alway show flaws with the league and how they just people and can’t do it all. But probably looking to deep. Still such a great cameo.

The hospital.
More fun with Vig. And sweet moment with Chris and Adebeyo.
And sweet stuff with Harcourt and Chris too.

The the end montage.
Waller is exposed and pissed. So seems like no more Squad but maybe another new secret villain team. (Secre 6 :crossed_fingers::sweat_smile:).
Adebeyo back with her wife. Harcourt rehabilitating. John back to work. Vig out and about and Peacemaker back to it. Hanging with Eagly Goff who will probably die off screen and his Dad?
Seems like they’ll be doing the dad haunting him kind of story. Interesting.

Overall an awesome™:+1: show that expanded the DCEU from Batmite to Green Arrow. A great cast with fun laughs heart and more. Can’t wait for its return and what else the DCEU has in store.

5 Likes

I keep trying to get my partner to think that I don’t know the eagle is CGI :joy:

“Isn’t it so cool how they trained it to hug him?”

7 Likes

Loved the whole series. Nice balance between action, humor, and poignancy. The battle in the last episode was rather epic. Loved seeing Adebayo (hope I spelled that right) come into her own and kick some alien butt. Was also great to learn more about Chris’ history and background throughout the series and see him (hopefully) starting his way onto some personal growth.

The JL cameo was nice. I think it’s cool that DC is confident enough to be a little self deprecating when it comes to their bigger characters. Between Harley Quinn and Peacemaker, the JL have been roasted to death :joy:.

6 Likes

I expected this series to be a Riot and it truly was, Gunn, Cena, Harcourt, leota and Economos for Emmies.

4 Likes

Finally got to see this a couple days ago! I laughed throughout so much of it. And was anyone else not expecting to get teary-eyed over a beard?

Also!!! I’m very excited to see the series take on some of the canon from Peacemaker '87 with the surprise imaginary ghost dad lore :eyes: … I’m guessing S2 will focus a lot on the (further) decline of Chris’s mental health and probably explore how he tries to cope with it. I think we’re in for a bad (but great) time next season. :+1:!

4 Likes