Official #SaveSwampThing Vent Thread

Swamp Thing was easily the best DC Universe original show and it is SO disappointing that it’s been cancelled. The finale left so many questions that I wish we could get answered and so many amazing twists and developments that deserved to be expanded on. #SaveSwampThing

7 Likes

#SaveSwampThing

5 Likes

The problem is that the people who are in charge of the whole DCEU don’t really care about their intellectual property. They just saw $$$ signs when they saw what Marvel was doing and took their best heroes and just put them all in a movie together and told one guy(Snyder) to run the whole universe. It’s obvious that Marvel has a more passionate team from top to bottom that takes care of their intellectual property. The only thing WB has done over the past 4 years is hurt their own intellectual property. It’s hilarious the decisions you guys make regularly. It’s very obvious that you don’t know what you’re doing and do not care about what the fans want.

4 Likes

@zac4ncstate

Swamp Thing was close to what was written in comics and Alan Moore’s run. What are you talking about???

I dont get why you bring that negativity in a topic about saving Swamp Thing.

4 Likes

It’s so frustrating Swamp Thing had its episode count cut. I enjoyed what we got, but the pacing was too slow for an unexpected 10 episodes and the finale just…stopped.

I don’t blame the people working on the show, they put good stuff on screen and tried to salvage the end the best they could. I just hope DCU/WB/ATT/HBO Max or whoever ends up in charge of these shows gives something else like this a real shot one day.

7 Likes

I enjoyed every second of this show. Swamp Thing has always been my favorite character and after 2 films, a mere 6 episodes of an animated series and a very weak attempt at a tv show on the USA network, I finally had the Swamp Thing I deserved… only to have it canceled after forcing it to end early. Please don’t be this shortsighted. #SAVESWAMPTHING and renew this already phenomenally impressive series.

8 Likes

Hey @Applejack, has anyone pointed out to the producers of Swamp Thing that they misspelled Stephen Bissette’s name in the Special Thanks? Is that something that they could go back and fix?

The show was great. #SaveSwampThing

1 Like

The show was awesome. I loved everything. It looked like they had great plans for the future. But with it over it is sad but I live by the possibility that anything can happen.

When Young Justice was canceled we as fans were sad. But we didn’t give up hope. We rewatched the show countless times and let them all know we how much we loved the show and that we wanted it back. And look what happened we got it back. Also a season 4 as well.

I know there is financial reasons why it happened but the same reasons plagued YJ (in a different form). But like I said we got it back. So let’s do the same for thing. I may take a long time but we can’t give up.

Don’t let the flame die out.

(Turns off inspirational music)

7 Likes

Just watched Swamp Thing and also just found out that it has been cancelled. Please bring this show back. I love it

5 Likes

Just found out about the post credit scene

That was a nice touch at the end :ok_hand:

1 Like

Please renew.

2 Likes

#SaveFloronicMan

Am I doing this right?

7 Likes

Agree with literally everything said by @sales.49389.

Please,

#SaveSwampThing

1 Like

Hello again​:wave:, #SaveSwampThing :pray:t2:

3 Likes

Sadly the ending was the worst episode of the series. You can almost hear the DC executives and accountants pushing everyone between takes to get over with already so they can pull the plug. It’s not the fault of the cast or crew. What a waste. DC still needs their own Kevin Feige. Not sure I’d want more seasons of Swamp Thing with the current crop of DC mis-managers. Good shows like this should get handed off to HBO. Or maybe sell DC to Disney.

2 Likes

Again canceling this series is one of the most insane mistakes I’ve seen a studio make and to leave it with an end credit sequence as well is just pure stupidity.

Warner brothers executives clearly have no clue what they doing with this streaming service to cancel a quality show like this, asinine.

The first show that completely clicked for me here on DCU. It was absolutely a factor in subscribing and paying for the year in advance. It felt like a slap to the face when it shortened and canceled after, what, one episode?

There was not enough news announced at SDCC regarding the future roster. A second season of Titans and Doom Patrol is NOT enough to keep the diehards here.

#SaveSwampThing

1 Like

Am I the only person feeling hopeful that the end credit scene was left open to spin off a new project?

2 Likes

Totally with you @russell

1 Like

Loved the show! So disappointed that it wasn’t renewed for another season!

1 Like