Official Aquaman Reaction Thread *Warning: Spoilers!*

Just saw it! Loved it! Aquaman is the best Dceu movie to date. The colors, the effects, the action. All great. Not to mention the humor. The story was done well. No complaints at all. Aawesome movie.

2 Likes

Saw it myself tonight, enjoyed the hell out of it. It was a 2.5 hour roller coaster ride. It’s the first time I’ve had fun watching a DCEU film. IMO it’s more enjoyable than Wonder Woman. Wonder Woman is a better structured and written film, but it’s not as fun, and it goes off a cliff in it’s third act. Aquaman’s plot is messy and all over the place, at times the script is just bad, but it never once had me bored. I still say it’s second to Wonder Woman, but if you asked me which I’d rather watch right now, I would say Aquaman.

7 Likes

aquaman is a lot of a fun man , I enjoyed it a lot. i must see this movie again!

Has anyone seen it in IMAX yet? Curious if it has any sequences enhanced for that aspect ratio.

I thought about looking it up on IMDB in the tech specs but got lazy and didn’t. I’m glad to hear it apparently is formatted for IMAX though. Might see it that way for my second or third time.

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

Spoilers ahead. I don’t usually enjoy posting spoilers, but I’m exhausted and have work tomorrow. And I might as well get my thoughts out of the way while they’re fresh. So…

Just came back from a private screening at work. Such a great movie! The actors and actresses for the most part really nailed their roles and, man, Black Manta and Ocean Master looked like they were ripped straight outta the comics. Atlantis was damn beautiful. The fight scene in Sicily was damn fun. And watching Aquaman command what is essentially Cthulhu against a horde of shark-riding Atlanteans with water-powered plasma rifles has to go down as one of the more badass things in history. Oh, and selfies with bikers. Stupid, but fun scene. All and all, I loved it. One of my favorite movies of the year.

5 Likes

Saw it last night. This movie really surprised me. The storyline and action both receive an A+ from me… but some mid-movie music choices were cringeworthy (like the Pitbull song, the quirky romance tune with Arthur and Mera, and whatever was playing when Black Manta was making his suit). Overall, a fun movie. Maybe the DCEU’s best.

2 Likes

I knew this film was gonna be great but it blew all my expectations…OUT. OF. THE. WATER!!! I just saw it last night and I’m still going through my recall to see the little nods to the comics. I’m going to see it again as soon as I can.

One funny bit I noticed was at how Vulko threw Orm’s words back at him at the end. while some may think this was just a call-back to Batman Begins, It also goes back to Wilson’s role as Lynch in the A-Team movie where he had his own words thrown back at him at the end of the film as well.

3 Likes

@rjh194.87592 i felt the love story was there but it was not as in your face as i thought it would be but come on we all new it was going to be there . the pitbull song was horrible

2 Likes

Saw this movie last night the thing I hated about this movie most was the fact that it had to end. It was action packed from beginning to end and I loved the fact that it wasn’t an hour of back story . Black manta rocked they definitely got his character right which is definitely a sign of hope for the DCU. It was fresh ,fun, funny and exciting spoiler alert I like that they didn’t kill off black manta like in some other universe where they kill off the top villains and arch nemesis of the hero not this one it definitely has me looking forward to Aquaman 2 .

4 Likes

#Angrygeeks #Approved!!! Loved it

3 Likes

It was fantastic! Lived everything - except the music. Just a little Zimmer influence would have been very welcome.

1 Like

Aquaman was absolutely phenomenal. I plan to see it at least 7-8 times in the theaters.

3 Likes

That middle earth place …with little dinosaurs running around…Skataris?

2 Likes

Skartaris is underground. This seemed more like…Dinosaur Island…I think it’s called? It was in New Frontier and the Rebirth Superman series.

4 Likes

Because I am a massive dc nerd, of course I saw Aquaman. It was… Interesting. The cg was fantastic and awful. Big scenes where all this amazing stuff happening, but all you could do is focus on the Lego brick that is supposed to be Arthur’s hair.

My one, stupid makeup / character is wrong critique is with Mira. She is supposed to have massive amounts of hair, not these stringy nothings that the actress has.

But here is my biggest problem. It is time line continuity. This is the Aquaman origin story. But when we meet Mira, she bluntly talks about him defeating Steppenwolf, the “why is he the baddie” of justice league. OK, fine, it is post jl, BUT in jl, Steppenwolf attacks Atlantis to acquire the motherbox. Where Mira and Aquaman fend him off, he refers to her as his love, and she as the king. Going back to the Aquaman movie, he has never been to Atlantis, ocean master is king, but somehow the world knows the Aquaman.

I was also disappointed that there wasn’t more Black Manta. Although, a stupid moment was manta stabbing Arthur with his grandfather’s knife, even though he has Atlantian blades. Earlier we saw a standard land blade just break off on his skin. But, Manta looked amazing, had the perfect voice, and look forward to never seeing him again, because Warner Brothers has no faith or idea of what to do with their dc properties.

3 Likes

All I’m going to say is that it was phenomenal!

Can we have the Black Manta armor for Injustice 2 ? xD

1 Like

I REALLY enjoyed the movie! I saw it early with the Amazon Prime screening. I think it was possibly the best DCEU movie (it’s tough between this and Wonder Woman) I thought the story and characters were great and well done. The only problems I had was that the pop soundtrack was HORRIBLE and although I loved Black Manta, he really didn’t need to be there and was there really only to set up the sequel. Besides that it was fantastic! The effects were great too!

4 Likes

I loved it!!! Sick visuals!! Loved the fight scene with Nicole Kidman, James managed to make her a bad ass, Respect. The annabelle doll down at the bottom of the ocean was pretty random and hilarious. Great job i loved it will definitely rewatch

2 Likes