OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

I thought so, because I figured if it wanted to sting me it had a significant amount of time to do so. Since it didn’t, I never really got the reactions people had when they noticed it.

4 Likes

I did NOT know that, and it’s high time to catch some anthropomorphic interpretations of Lour Reed and Debbie Harry! scribbles furiously

I’m reserving judgement until the issues start coming out, but I will say I am deeply relieved they changed it from the name “5G”.

THAT’S WHAT I LIKE TO HEAR!!! Finally you’re seeing what we’ve all been seeing this whole time!!

11 Likes

Any feelings about the Generation one shots apparently not happening? I have to admit, I was more excited for them than I was for what we now know as Future State, even though some of those solicitations sound mighty interesting.

5 Likes

Heya aj, good to see you! Hope you’re having a nice week, yourself :slight_smile:

We do have the “mark as read” notation at the top of our development list, and once that data is set I think we can create some flexible search result options to remove comics read, or show only comics read.

There was a time when we were pursuing badges for number of comics read, so tracking these details are definitely baked into our thinking :slight_smile:

This actually might inadvertently be a little more complex as it’s adding a time element to the search results (would it follow that you would be able to search for all comics read between March and June of 2019?). I do have a bit of a hard time understanding the value of that function, whereas I do grasp the need to remove already read comics from search to help de-clutter.

hahahaha!! Wow, I’m so predictable :laughing: Currently, I have The Simpsons Season 5 on in the background … Halloween Applejack always gives some love to Tales From The Crypt, but I think I need something a little more gentle and playful this year, rather than sardonic. Maybe Hocus Pocus or What We Do in The Shadows.

10 Likes

Treehouse of Horror-thin?

5 Likes

I’m glad it didn’t completely miss office hours

11 Likes

We’re still waiting to hear confirmation from our winners, so hopefully we get some info soon! This was what I heard last from our management team as of this morning:

“We’re on our first round of reaching out to the potential Prizewinners. Once we’ve established verified winners and receive their respective Affidavits, we’ll send you the confirmed Prizewinner names.”

Fingers crossed!! :four_leaf_clover: :crossed_fingers:

11 Likes

Imagining that, I can’t help but be reminded of this classic moment:

Also, holy crap, that episode is ten years old now. :open_mouth:

9 Likes

I’d do an office hours WAL of hocus pocus with you :eyes:

8 Likes

Same…that would be amazing!!!

7 Likes

Iconoclastic…moi?? Like I would ever attack cherished beliefs or institutions.

Darn right, I do. You know me to well AJ. :hugs:

For me it would be William Moulton Marston. I wonder what he would be like to talk to.

Hard to believe it’s been 2 years. Where has the time gone.

You da best.

7 Likes

A second for a change to the first screen, noted!

To make sure I understand a sense of where you might have been in the “All Comic Series” menu. Maybe you’re hanging out in the “H” section for a while, then you scroll down and it populates until you start hanging out in the “S” section. You click back hoping to be back in H, but instead it goes back to the last web address you were in- is that right?

So a little "mark as “read” checkbox? This could also be a way to notate books you’re not interested in reading and want to eliminate from search results- until you’re ready, then you could search books you’ve read and “uncheck” them.

Would you prefer a single icon signifying you’ve read the book in its entirety over a progress bar?

I could see the satisfaction in that. Some early thinking before we launched the program was to have a “progress indicator” so you could see how many issues of all the library you had read.

9 Likes

It was good to enjoy some putting in some tunes again for our Mixtape Monday. :sunglasses:

Kind of a bittersweet day Monday though. It’s a birthday for a family member, but also is a day that some family members have passed away on as well. :pensive:

In good spirits though, especially with what happens in Office Hours. :clark_hv_4:

Even understand a bit more what @AlexanderKnox meant about The Godfather in reading The Long Halloween. :smile: :batman_hv_4:

Ah, that does sound good! And another badge added as well… :thinking:

That is an excellent addition! :star_struck:

Maybe Hocus Pocus… That is a good choice! I saw there was some recent press with the 3 witches doing a photo op. :smiley: :+1:

9 Likes

Their request was to get them sooner than that.

7 Likes

My bad. So the issues that were only released digitally should end up here eventually?

4 Likes

If he’d let me be his shamanistic apprentice.

8 Likes

I think these sort of questions are better directed at our technical and billing department: yourdcu.com/submit

5 Likes

I can neither confirm nor deny Kelex’s true intentions, which is why I always err on the side of treating all robots kindly.

12 Likes

They are making a Hocus Pocus 2… Maaaaaybbeeee it’ll be half as good as the first one? :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

7 Likes

This was actually a large part of the early conversation that I had with legal to better define fan fiction. For the same reasons the Mafia games are permitted, a DCU RPG would be totally fine. I would be curious how it would serve the greater community, or how it would scale to allow involvement with upwards of 50 people.

14 Likes