OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Team work = dream work.

7 Likes

Well LOOK whose anniversary it is!!! Was it only two years ago that DSA burst onto the scene with his iconoclastic charms?

To answer your question, this might sound kind of basic- but I would LOVE to hear what Bill Fingerā€™s professional journey was like, and his reaction is to where Batman is today.

14 Likes

Thank you @ralphsix for this information!!! :smiley:

7 Likes

Noted! The challenge we face is how to feed it into a streamlined moderator function, and how to make it a more engaged experience. Part of the reason it was depreciated is that it was the least used element of the service, with some rare exceptions. In my tireless quest for quality, I would want to ensure the comments we see are meaningful and quality and serve a greater conversation- we canā€™t all be DanTheManOne1. This is my way of saying that thereā€™s more thinking to do around the function to ensure my power-hungry vision is fed.

11 Likes

Sounds good. Thanks @Applejack :grinning:

7 Likes

YES!! Totally classic method of waiting long enough and the problem solves itself :sunglasses:

For billing questions, I always point folks to our team at yourdcu.com/submit, because they have the ability to look at your billing details with laser precision to answer exactly your question for your circumstance. Broad strokes responses like I offer in Office Hours might mess with your money in a way I would deeply regret.

10 Likes

GAH! Thatā€™s another five lashes for me tonightā€¦

8 Likes

YEEEES!! And I love positive feedback on UI changes- Win/win!

11 Likes

YOU THOUGHT RIGHT!!! Those look so perfectly like the swamp, Iā€™m verklempt! Whatā€™s going on here? Are those marshmallows? are those little chocolate chips? This is too much, how did they taste??

12 Likes

Not so Captain! You shall see in the future there was a great team up between me and @ralphsix! :smiley:

Insteadā€¦ Enjoy this balancing act that you also do so well in Office Hours! :superman_hv_4:

9 Likes

5 Likes

Itā€™s a brownie with mint oreos in its center. Crumbled mint oreos, chocolate chips, candy eyes, and sanding sugar on top! They had a really sweet taste. My family seemed to really like them unless they were being really kindā€¦ It was the first time I made batter in a frying pan. The next time I make them, Iā€™ll probably use mint oreo thins instead of the regular sized oreos. :thinking:

Recipe I followed

12 Likes

Let us celebrate this Office Hours with the adding of chocolate to milk :pray:

I will absolutely share your delight, we have a lot of little elves working hard behind the scenes!

As for Swamp Thing emojis, there actually were a few developed that I was a bit unhappy with. Stand byā€¦ (you donā€™t know youā€™re standing by but I know)

AlecHollandST MadameXanaduST MattCableST Swampy1ST Swampy2ST

My dissatisfaction with these emojis came from the limited sources I had to create them. We are only given permission to make emojis with certain key art stills, and the results meant that we didnā€™t get super clear images of the characters like we really wanted, and they certainly donā€™t express any EMOTIONS, as emojis are meant to do at their core! I would personally love to get some Swamp Thing comic book emojis created as the color contrast is much higher.

Now, if someone in the community were to create them, thereā€™s nothing to stop me from uploading them on their behalfā€¦

10 Likes

Wow, I SUPER meant french fries! Poor, poor Applejackā€™s brainā€¦

10 Likes

Hello Applejackā€‹:woman_red_haired:,
Behind the scene, are the Moderators are allow to read DC comic books while working? :slightly_smiling_face:
Working at DC has to be like working at either the White House or Disneyland!:grinning:

6 Likes

Letā€™s! :penguin: :heart: You absolutely will still get to read comics as long as you have some form of DCU/DCUi during that time. Just make sure you opt into DCU Infinite so that you can get a smooth transition :slight_smile: But there is no interruption of service.

You will indeed! Weā€™re not picky about awarding the Halloween badge, we just want people to have fun- even if they can only do a quick pop-in :halloween_batman:

10 Likes

YES!:grinning:Thankyou Applejack!

5 Likes

@Applejack has there been anything interesting and/or youā€™ve watched this week?

6 Likes

Shall I compare thee to a summerā€™s dayā€¦

What are your thoughts on this format from the desktop version?

Iā€™ve seen that you also prefer something more like the text lines rather than the visual thumbnails- would your above screenshot be better served by that format?

Itā€™s very hard to tell if people are joking through a digital format, but I have to assume this is genuine feedback that you feel no one reads the Suggestion Box. I can assure you that not only are we reading it and passing on the feedback, but we have an over 90% correction rate on comic book errors that are reported in the community. Those that arenā€™t corrected are due to matters outside our control, but there is an immediate and actionable routine of feedback.

Because I have the perception that we are routing feedback and making improvements where they are actionable and fit into the bandwidth and strategies at hand, itā€™s important for me to hear more about what feels ineffective/doesnā€™t work from a member perspective.

12 Likes

That just sounds adorable.

6 Likes