OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Recently, I got on the site and between posts and the highlighted threads at the bottom, there was a scrolling of topics, which was great, but I can’t seem to find it again.

7 Likes

Hello @Applejack! Recently I decided to finally start modding my Switch. Took a while to finally decide on parts. I modded my PS4 controllers several years ago. Waiting on all my parts to come in the mail had me wondering if you ever done modifications? Or what your dream mod would be? Or is you being a gamer a headcanon I came up with? hehe :laughing::sweat_smile:

7 Likes

Heard an “oof” and turned the corner to see this. Keeled over from the cuteness and begged someone to quietly bring me my phone.

Gidget’s such a mood :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

10 Likes

It is called “Hercules The Legendary Journeys”

7 Likes

Fleet Admiral @Applejack, an incoming communication from Deep Space 5 (celebrating 25 years of being rebuilt after the Borg turned it into off-camera splinters in First Contact. Take that, East St. Lewis Borg!):

When I post a new club entry in the Event Calendar thread, it looks like my posts have disappeared over time. I see other folks’ posts from months back, yet mine are nowhere to be found.

Am I posting something wrong in some way that makes said posts go up, up and away at some point after they’re posted? I’ve always followed the sweet deets on how to post in that thread, so I’m awash with awe as to why the posts keep going away.

says “End communication.” ala Kang (or Kodos, I can never tell)

8 Likes

@Applejack, I’ve just begun watching Robot Chicken on HBO Max and seeing various skits on YouTube, and noticed quite a number of DC-related ones. Do you have a favorite? So far, mine is this one, which really should be reworked into an actual comic story:

Robot Chicken DC Comics Special 3 Magical Friendship Kryptonian Private Investigator - YouTube

7 Likes

Important Lucille Ball update for anyone curious, such as Captain @Applejack! And our fabulous @Razzzcat!

13 Likes

Not much, just one pic, but she kind of looked good

8 Likes

Dear @Mae, for the I :heart: Lucy update: (I love this so much)

I have a quick Q for :pirate_flag: the Dread Pirate Applejack!
For some reason this hedgehog-crocodile has raised :face_with_monocle: a very urgent & pressing matter- are you ready? Ok, here we go:
If you were an unemployed hench/goon, who would you work for? :stuck_out_tongue:

No secret here: I’d be one of Ivy’s hench-ladies. :poison_eyebrowhqtas: :frank_grinhqtas: (I like to think I’d ascend to the rank of ‘hench-prime’ and become indispensable, too!) I’ve said it before, but ya just know she offers a 401k, health insurance, daycare, all sorts of maternity leave, and the goon-cafeteria is the best in all the land…plus, I look pretty good in green. :wink::sunglasses: As always, I hope this finds you well. *Tag! You’re it…I mean, Aarrgh! :purple_heart:

12 Likes

It’s interesting to me DC itself has helped create this subculture of comic book readers that are very used to waiting a year or 6 months for most of the new comics they are jazzed about because they’ve been using the digitized DC service (and Comixology Unlimited and Marvel Unlimited) for 2 years.

It’s such a lot of new material that we could never have afforded buying new that we don’t notice the factor of the time delay, at least many of us.

So I’m probably going to more quickly read what’s new on DCU Infinite as opposed to what’s about to be published that I may or may not be interested in.

I’ve got “skin in the game” for all titles appearing in the library I am paying for.

10 Likes

Hedgehog! :hugs:

9 Likes

@Mae Chase Meridian is playing Lucille Ball? Intriguing.

@Applejack Have you read The Neverending Story and/or seen The Neverending Story movies (or grumble grumble the cartoon)?

I recently re-watched the first movie on HBO Max after not having seen it in full in years (despite formerly owning it on DVD, as well as also formerly owning it’s 2009 and 2014 Blu-ray releases, all of which I only skipped to favorite scenes with) and it’s such a solid flick. It’s absolutely one of director Wolfgang Petersen’s best (along with In The Line of Fire, Outbreak and Air Force One).

The first sequel is…okay. I have fond memories of seeing it in theaters, and 7-year old me was most pleased when he saw the name of TV’s Flash, John Wesley Shipp, appear on screen in the opening credits.

As for The Neverending Story III, I haven’t seen it, but…I hear it sucks like a Hoover and then some.

Anyhow, the book is great. In this age of entertainment properties being rebooted for that sweet, sweet nostalgia cash, it’s surprising that The Neverending Story hasn’t received a new coat of polish, especially one that more closely resembles the book in full.

hears Xayide, part II’s lovely brunette villain for the unaware, call to him

Coming, Xayide! Say, does Falkor need a giant box of Milk Bone biscuits? Costco’s just down the street, so if he does, tell Tri-Face to nab some.

Fun Fantastica (read the book! The name “Fantasia” was created for the movie) Fact: The original Skeletor (Alan Oppenheimer) voiced Falkor in the first movie. Truly, the '80s were a golden age for on-screen fantasy.

8 Likes
9 Likes

Bless you, oh music maiden of Gotham asskickery! :+1:t2: :+1:t2: :00_batwoman:

pumps up the volume, Christian Slater-style

8 Likes

Thank you for the cute hedgehog, @Razzzcat! Trade you this adorable spa kittin being treated like a Queen:

10 Likes

You know the first movie is only half of the book?

8 Likes

As a fan of Lucille Ball I think Nicole Kidman will do a good job, every morning you can’t go wrong watching I Love Lucy, The Lucy Show & Here’s Lucy with a cup of coffee to start your day, trust me on this.:coffee:
Anyway I’m really excited about this film along with Reagan, hope both of those movies will be great!:smiley:

8 Likes

Hey there Applejack! :wave: :sunglasses:

Hope that you have had another good week. :smiley:

Now back to business. :face_with_monocle:

And continued… :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

It seems that I got the notifications for our fine Acroverse of last week today (Monday) and one for @Green.Lantern’s Who-Would-Win scenario. It’s was a lot of fun as well and good to see these situations return again G.L. :00_lc_green_lantern:

I have them under Preferences → Notifications → Tags → Watching First Post.

Say… Look at that… I also just learned that the arrows work when typed out. :astonished: :joy:

I did also notice when I looked at the first posts for Acroverse and said Who-Would-Win they did have an edit pencil next to them. :memo: :thinking:

Perhaps with these details the mystery will be one step closer also the song I’m currently listening to as I write this post :joy: to being solved? :male_detective: :female_detective:

And with that… I’ll also leave this here for you. :cat: :superman_hv_4:

7 Likes

The Applejack wiki says yes. :superman_hv_4:

8 Likes

When I was just a Bat-Boy, my Martha told me, "Son,
Always be a good boy. Don’t ever play with guns."
But I shot Ant-Man in Reno just to watch him die.
When I see that signal glowing, I hang my cowl and cry.

10 Likes