OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Oh, absolutely! How fun would it be to see her disguised in a Harley cosplay at a con?

9 Likes

Hello Oracleā€‹:woman_red_haired:,
You donā€™t mind me calling you Oracle? If you do I apologize Iā€™ll go back to Applejack, kind of started calling Moderators by their characterā€™s name like @MAN.OF.STEEL Superman.
The only thing is if I call @Alec.Holland Swamp Thing, thatā€™s sound kind of mean.:thinking:
Maybe Iā€™ll go back calling Moderators by their regular username.

8 Likes

Funny you should ask that, I was just reading over the Roll Call topic and read my response to that less than an hour ago.

I moved around a lot as a kid and my brother was my main babysitter. Heā€™d take me to arcades and comic shops after school and I loved the foil X-Men trading cards, especially Rogue and Storm. The arcade game too, of course. He collected comics like Ninja High School, Spawn, and Batman that I would sneak. Being interested in games and comics is how I met new friends and it all just kind of snowballed from there :rofl:

I donā€™t think youā€™ve shared your own origin story, what got you into the world of comics? Or maybe just DC in general?

9 Likes

:rofl: When worlds collide!!

7 Likes

You, friend, really know how to sell a good time! It isnā€™t entirely foreign for folks from the DC Community to meet up- itā€™s definitely happened on more than one occasion. I say keep dreaming it into reality :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Youā€™re too sweet Kookie, thank you for clarifying the deep curiosity as the source- though impatience isnā€™t all bad, either! I saw an interesting Tik Tok recently about how we can channel certain feelings into others (anxiety > excitement, anger > passion) . We say a lot that fans that take the time to complain are our most passionate. Anyway, I do appreciate your effort to explain. But also know that we trust your heart is in the right place, weā€™ve all been around the block a few times together :slight_smile:

Okay, first! For Publication Date errors, my understanding that is a deeper issue with the backend metadata, rather than a ā€œfix one at a timeā€ matter; as in, itā€™s a system issue that has to be fixed that is more complex than my understanding can convey. I just know that itā€™s not a typo, itā€™s being generated by tech.

As for 1-3, I just opened up ye olde spreadsheet to see what reasoning might be behind certain errors. If you can provide me specific issues I can tell you exactly what the reasoning is, but for some:

1. Issues out of place on series page - everything I looked for reported as ā€œout of placeā€ on the series page is noted as fixed.

2. Misattributed writers- this is most likely because the information impacts many more services than DC Universe Infinite, so a larger effort needs to be made to ensure all services are updating in parity.

3. This looks like itā€™s awaiting another level of approval from higher ups- Iā€™m sure once these traps have been run a few more times, the coordinator who is looking at these errors will be granted more trust to make these calls, but for now I think theyā€™re still getting their stability and want to make sure with the higher-ups.

Hope this clears things up!

8 Likes

ā€œTouchĆ©ā€¦ā€

8 Likes

Hey thatā€™s interesting, Iā€™m sure the publishing team would appreciate that! What editors are you most interested in?

7 Likes

Live footage of ajm! Lookit that smile :grin:

The last word I got, the devices were almost 100% rolled out. Weā€™re aiming to post the release notes tomorrow. It looks like most of the work done was behind-the-scenes improvements to a lot of the errors reported on the launch of DCUI.

HOWEVERā€¦
The Comics History disappearing is disturbing. What device is that one? Is that still happening?

My particular section on my laptop is called ā€œDive Back Inā€, I donā€™t have a History :thinking: Iā€™m wondering if itā€™s different per device.

Oooooh yes, that has been an initiative Iā€™ve been working on for about 2 months! Itā€™s been a lot of work, but Iā€™m really happy to see so many new faces joining :slight_smile: Looking forward to seeing you in the discussion!

10 Likes

Aha! I was there for that!

plays foghorn in celebration

7 Likes

Why not? :wink:

8 Likes

swan dives into treasure chest full of doughnuts

7 Likes

This cat perfectly summarizes the ā€œinternet famousā€ vibe.

8 Likes

Scott Peterson, Dennis Oā€™Neil. The only two I can think of. But thereā€™s so many great editors in DC both in the past and present that help make sure we read a great stories in any comic series.:slightly_smiling_face:

7 Likes

7 Likes

I havenā€™t!! Truth be told Iā€™ rather prefer Spider in his full suit getup, but I do dig the accessories he comes with here, and the sculpt/expressions look pretty good. And I guess this way we get all the cool tattoo detail work.

Side note, I recently took my friend to vision therapy and those glasses are legit!! Theyā€™re used to help people build their eye muscles. I just thought they were a cool-looking accessory.

7 Likes

giphy-downsized

8 Likes

I live here now

9 Likes

Disco is back, baby!

8 Likes

Someone may have beat me to this already, but this oneā€™s gotta be dedicated to our resident DJ:

10 Likes