OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Thankyou. By the way, here’s a story I was telling you about…

President Lincoln would not approve! LOL!:laughing:

9 Likes

I freaking love this song @Mae & @Vroom. Excellent choice! :purple_heart:

And while I’m here…

Applejack, hi! How’s the new DCBC going? There were a lot of members pretty quickly, that’s awesome! I don’t often get my DCU notifications, so I don’t actually know how it as announced aside from what I’ve seen in here. Was it in a newsletter? :thinking:

Also: should I make tacos tonight? I’m slowly trying all the new faux meats (this ones faux chickies), and I’m thinkin’ the safest bet is tacos. Jk, you do not have answer this part. Have a kitty anyway. :purple_heart: Ok, bye.

10 Likes

:eyes:

Or burritos, as instructed by last night’s DCSHG WAL.

8 Likes

Also, @Vroom, I recently posted ten tracks here that might interest you:

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/women-in-music/1513777/24?u=mae

8 Likes

I don’t know who decided that a conversation between @Vroom and me about The Graduate was the right text to use, but I guess it lets everyone know that there is no topic that can’t be derailed…

11 Likes

I :purple_heart: tacos tho!! Me and Gir!

Fun fact: Jhonen Vasquez (creator of Zim) also had a comic called Squee. Along w/ all his other comics, I have them, and I’m very proud because they’re rare. Anyone know JTHM? :eyes: @Vroom? Applejack? Anyone? Bueller? …Fry?

10 Likes

:eyes: I Just posted :raised_hands: I could get trapped in there for hours! Great idea- Thanks for doing that @Reaganfan78 :hugs::purple_heart: Have a great week, everyone- Applejack. Thank you, as always. Take care.

9 Likes

Sup, Big O!

A few weeks ago, I asked how many issues of LET THEM LIVE there were, and you told me that you saw a total of 3. So imagine my surprise this week when a 4th one snuck into the list! Are there more down the pipeline, or is this a one-time unexpected bonus?

9 Likes

You’re welcome.:slightly_smiling_face:
Got the idea while watching Selena on HBO Max. I Was thinking it’s women month, why not celebrate women in music.
Last year I did ‘Real Wonder Women’ that celebrate women in history who are a real hero like Wonder Woman.
:00_wonder_woman_gold:

9 Likes

What are your thoughts on Green Lantern not being a top character in the collections list despite having over 20 Green Lantern (Corpse) and related characters collections there?

7 Likes

Yay! Oracle is on-line!:smiley:
:birds_of_prey_club_oracle:

8 Likes

Greetings, friends!

I don’t know about all of you, but has this week been a little off so far? I think it might be a bit of this past year catching up as we start to relax into the idea of things opening up again. :thinking:

NONETHELESS, WE PERSIST! I hope that everyone here is feeling those warm rays of hope, and that this week is finding you ready for whatever the future brings :slight_smile: And perhaps we can generate some of that goodness here in Office Hours tonight!

If you haven’t visited before, oh my gosh, hello! sweeps clutter into nearby closet and forces door shut It’s so lovely to have you with us. Please settle in and take a seat- the way this works is, I will start answering questions that were asked this time, last week, then make my way down the list to the current moment.

Grab yourself a nice cuppa or snack, and let’s peer into tonight’s treasure chest!

13 Likes

I don’t mean for my response to come across like the franchise doesn’t care what fans want. What I do want to impress is that there are about 15-20 other x-factors that inform what gets selected; factors that, no matter how great the fan demand, wouldn’t change the stone-cold reality of certain issues being damaged, irretrievable, too obscure to make business sense, etc. And sometimes details of why something isn’t digitized isn’t shared because it could drive up the market value of the sales of a certain issue making it impossible to invest in. That part of it is really interesting to me because it feels like Da Vinci Code, black market fine art world.

Anyhow, I know it’s disappointing, but we do continue to fill in what we can, where we can, one bite at a time.

9 Likes

Good call!! :rofl:

You can find them in the Clubs & Events >Q&As category, or by searching “Benjamin Le Clear” in our search bar!

8 Likes

I agree- even if he makes mistakes, he really does seem to have a good heart :slight_smile:

7 Likes

:thinking: I don’t think I have, I’ll look those up!

8 Likes

Hi @Applejack,

Good to see you, how has your week been so far? I barely recognized you without your Babs profile!!! :sweat_smile: The new one is equally as cool!!!

Have you had the chance to watch WandaVision yet? :grin:

6 Likes

What could possibly compete??

Definitely working on it! We’d like talent appearances to be a part of the DC Book Club, and we also were able to host Ron Marz in late February. So they are slowly/surely starting back up.

Baaaaaah the little totem pole of fluff!! The Flufftem Pole!! That right-middle cat doesn’t look entirely thrilled but they definitely have it pretty good.

I think this is something that could be arranged! :sunglasses: @Green.Lantern is joining in the journey of discovery, but I bet we could persuade them to tee up one of our Gotham Gals for a near-future installment.

THank you for the tunes, this is a nice gentle bop :musical_keyboard:

9 Likes

So sorry, that topic was moved when we stopped accepting club submissions- I’ve moved it back to a public space so you can look more closely- here’s the link again:

As for responsibilities, it depends on the nature of the club. The Batmobuddies is mostly a single topic devoted to sharing when Batmobiles are spotted, with the occasional new topic created if the news warrants it. Others, like the DC History Club, are deep-dive research efforts on the part of the club leaders. Many fall somewhere in between these.

10 Likes

I absolutely will share your gratitude, thank you for noticing their efforts!

9 Likes