OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Yes and yes!!!

6 Likes

Thank you!!! :partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

8 Likes

Wellā€¦ Now all caught up. :sweat_smile:

Will just leave some cake here for everyone with @KM_726 and @MovieAddict getting the first dibs. :superman_hv_4:

Until next time if not sooner in the threads everyone! Now to decide what to read nextā€¦ :thinking: :wave: :nerd_face:

9 Likes

Cool to hear they got something, sad they didnā€™t get to go to the event. But DC Universe (or DC Universe Infinite now I guess) has always taken care of their subscribers so was sure they did them right. Glad to hear confirmation :slight_smile:

As for Superman and Lois. I really enjoyed the first two episodes. Great cast, Clark, Lois and the kids have great chemistry that sells them as a family and it is a great and fresh take on the character. Think the show could do great things both as a show itself and to help shape the curent generations perception of Superman.

9 Likes

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl: The help was truly appreciated!!!

7 Likes

Any luck?

8 Likes

Yes, I finally managed to turn it off. No more ā€œlaternsā€ for me!!! :joy:

7 Likes

Just our luck, watch it go to the L word i mentioned

8 Likes

Hey @Applejack Iā€™m sure you canā€™t go into specifics but Iā€™m curious if you could provide some insight on how subscriber growth has changed since going to DCUI; as expected, less than expected, better than expected?

8 Likes

Storm Chaser
b6afd5efae9b2265dd2693dbc1e00509--twister--helen-hunt
Joan: Great to have you back as a Storm chaser Reaganfan78.
1398a1a3cbdc7397e7bbe2a775cc0189--hollywood-stars-its-raining
Reaganfan78: Iā€™m only back so we can beat Sportsmaster78 of catching the Tornado first. Since he stole Dorothy idea from us.
EarlyAltruisticAsianconstablebutterfly-mobile
Sportsmaster78: Well well well, if it isnā€™t my old pal Reaganfan78, who makes a lousy weather man. Want the twister? Buy yourself a twister game and leave this to the professional only.
Reaganfan78: Weā€™ll see whoā€™s a real professional Sportsmaster78.

[5 hours later]
download.jpeg
Dusty: REAGANFAN78, ITā€™S COMING, ITā€™S HEADING RIGHT TOWARDS US!
Reaganfan78: Itā€™s already here! EVERYONE GET TO THE SHELTER NOW!

[15 Minutes later]

Reaganfan78: Thankfully everyone is okay,
Red_Tornado
Red Tornado: Greeting Iā€™m Red Tornado, Iā€™ve come to share my favorite music videoā€¦

Joan: Reaganfan78 What you think of this strange event?
Reaganfan78: Glad he came to us instead of Sportsmaster78. Welcome to the team Red Tornado.

The Endā€¦

10 Likes

Ooh, I actually have a couple suggestions for this: Red Hood, and The Outsiders. Iā€™m pretty clueless on both, and Iā€™d like to know more. Neither were covered in Joshua Lapin-Bertoneā€™s original ā€œWhere to Start Readingā€¦ā€ column.

The Outsiders have been featured in 6 different series since the mid-1980s (sometimes with Batman, sometimes without), but Iā€™ve hardly ever seen any ā€œBest Stories to Readā€-type articles about them anywhere. They seem to be pretty overlooked for whatever reason. Surely there must be some good stories somewhere in all of those hundreds of issues. Hopefully the good folks at DCUI will help us find out where they are.

As for Red Hood, heā€™s only been headlining his own series for 11 years now (starting with 2010ā€™s Red Hood: The Lost Days), so there may be less material to pull from there, but definitely a character that Iā€™d like an introductory primer on. I know next-to-nothing beyond the very basics. What are the best stories to read from his starring series?

Thanks! :+1:

9 Likes

Re

Outsiders
I liked the 1983 version
Following Graduation Day, Nightwing, Roy Harper, Thunder, Grace, Shift, Indigo and Jade join Outsiders.

For Red Hood
I liked the Rebirrh title Red Hood and the Outlaws, the part with
Artemis and Bizarro is especially good.

9 Likes

How do you start a Fan Club asan Admin and what are the responsibilities of the
admin?

8 Likes

An LCWW spin OR cakeā€¦

8 Likes

Admin is a role reserved specifically for administrators of the forum (i.e. AppleJack and PrettyPoisonBombshell). They oversee the entire forum and ensure that everyone has a great time and remains safe during their time on the site.

As for starting a club, you can do this by sending a direct message to the @moderators stating what you would name your club and a bit of information about what the club would be about. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Hello @Applejack & @Alec.Holland :woman_red_haired: :st_swamp_thing2:,
With theme parks opening up soon in California, maybe some people are going back to work as well, will there be more people coming back soon to DC Comics headquarter and be able to help see more old comics coming to DC Library? :slightly_smiling_face:
That would be awesome to see!

7 Likes

Iā€™d love to drag myself out of the swamp to go and visit the HQ, but I have no idea if the office will be reopening anytime soon or if more people will gain access to the archives and the vault to aid in the digitization / restoration of comics.

8 Likes

Thankyou.:grinning:

7 Likes

Hi AJ,

My questions for this week:

1. Following on from last weekā€™s line of questioning: itā€™s been established that one request for digitization by one member only counts once. However, does the number of thumbs up/likes on a request post factor into the equation at all? Will the digitization/publishing team take into account the popularity of any given request as evinced solely by likes, or does there have to be more than one fully written out request for them to take notice?

2. Iā€™ve been asking a lot of questions lately about what DCUI can do for us, so this week Iā€™d like to flip the script: what can we, the membership of DCUI, do for you and the other moderators to make your jobs/lives easier/better? You all, to a person, do such a great job (youā€™re too good to us, really), and I feel like your hard work and helpfulness and sunny dispositions go underappreciated far too often, so Iā€™d like to find some way to give back to you all for the great job that you do. Any suggestions? Breakfast in bed? Spa days? Omnibus or Absolute edition of your choice? Or just best practices to follow as a community member so that youā€™re not all constantly tearing your hair out behind your keyboards? Let us know. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

Hey-hey! Guess what turned up? Catwoman (1993) #24! Another one off the missing issue list. High five once again to the behind-the-scenes team for getting that on here! :+1::partying_face:

8 Likes