OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Well friends, it’s time for me to start wandering away. Thank you so much for enduring the transitions, both big and small these past days, weeks, months, years…

And thank you, as always, for keeping us sharp, and honest. I’ve said it once, I’ll say it again- Best. Community. Ever.

Good night, everyone and “see” you next week!

18 Likes

DishonestMarriedHoiho-size_restricted

9 Likes

You could have called it early after the 1000 post run on fiasco but noooo you have to be dedicated and committed to the fancy community manager gig and raise your approval rating!

It is an election year after all :smirk:

8 Likes

I’m game!!! :grin:

8 Likes

I know you mean Mercy Graves, but my mind went to renaming this thread Otis Hours.

9 Likes

@Applejack
Regarding the watching vs tracking. If the thread is set to tracking, and there are replies to multiple different posts one has made, it will truncate that down to “:leftwards_arrow_with_hook:x-number of replies”. And if you press it, it goes to the first message replies to, however you still have to scroll the thread to find the other replies.
If it is set to watching you get all types of additional notifications and still have the truncation issue.

I’m looking for some way to get a list of the replies “pointers” rather than truncated as “there are x number of replies and here is a pointer to the first one.”. I personally don’t want or need this functionality for likes.

Is this clarifying the question?

9 Likes

Thanks as always @Applejack

Much appreciated.

For next week, when all this OH started, did you think it’d reach the max number of messages allowed in a thread?

8 Likes

@Applejack, I see you avoided the hard hitting questions from channel 6 news. :face_with_monocle: Not addressing these issues will only make suspicions rise Madam Admin of the DCU Community! I hope to hear back before the full harvest moon Madam. :full_moon:

6 Likes

Since these members were part of the very first office hours will they be honored with a special badge? :thinking: :crossed_fingers:

Congratulations:
@Reaganfan78,
@Pollster,
@MovieAddict,
@HubCityQuestion,
@greymat_ter,
@capo-mage,
@JasonTodd428,
@Redhood.55520,
@Theburger92, and
@JLWWSM

:partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face::partying_face:

13 Likes

I Think this song is a perfect fit for the new Office Hours!:cowboy_hat_face::studio_microphone::notes:

Move it on over old Office, Cause the New Office is moving in!

7 Likes

Congrats guys on filling up Office Hours :tada::beers:

10 Likes

Don’t know how to quote or reply from the old thread, but I copied to paste here: “Friday night was very difficult. Thank you for honoring her here, MovieAddict. For those who haven’t seen them, the movies RBG and On The Basis of Sex are great revisits into RBG’s legacy.”

I could not be here live tonight because we were recording my podcast. I’m really proud of it this week as we honor RBG and if you listen to only one show I do, I really hope you listen to this one!!! Also, if I’m off, I’m more than happy to watch along RBG with all of you lovely people!!!

8 Likes

@Applejack @DeSade-acolyte Oh yeah, I’d love to have a feature that makes it easier to track who has replied to me. Especially in large threads like polls, it’s hard to find all the replies unless the person happened to tag me.

7 Likes

This dog house here is mighty small
But it’s better than no house at all
So ease it on over (move it on over)
Drag it on over (move it on over)
Move over old dog cause a new dog’s moving in.

One of my favorites & I second it as official office hours theme song.

7 Likes

Thanks @KM_726. I’m more than honored. This site has given me so much I couldn’t ask for more. It really helped my depression. I’ve read other people say the same exact thing. It’s a cure all for me. All DC all day/night with the best people & fans (mods too of course) possible…

8 Likes

I have only read one so far, and it was good, but I expected more comedy from it. I will definitely keep reading though. Just started the Halloween specials too and enjoying those…

6 Likes

I’m just happy to be here, don’t need any badges. I can say this has been a highly entertaining trip these couple years though and I look forward to many more years to come…

7 Likes

Question, what is up with not being able to unlike some posts? Not trying to unlike, but I put my cursor over the thumbs up and it gave me a “don’t” symbol on some and “undo like” on others when I went trying more. My fat fingers accidentally click things I didn’t mean to all t he time, but I would not be bothered leaving an extra like, so it’s no problem. I just wonder what is up with that…

5 Likes

WHAT!? We moved!

What DCUI feature has you the most excited?
I personally think everyone is sleeping on the reveal of DC Universe Original Comics! But going international is pretty huge as well.

8 Likes

I saw this on the previous thread. So does this mean DCU Infinite might not go international?

6 Likes