OFFICE HOURS VOL II: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

:game_die: 1

4 Likes

For those who want to pay tribute to Cloris Leachman, just a reminder she voiced Granny Goodness in Justice League Action and was the Queen Mother (never called Hypolita) in the Wonder Woman pilot. Of course, she was also in great sitcoms like The Mary Tyler Moore Show, Phyllis, The Ellen Show, and Facts of Life. Films she was in include The Muppet Movie, Herbie Goes Bananas, High Anxiety, Young Frankenstein, with Paul Newman in The Rack, Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid, & WUSA, as well as her Oscar winning performance in The Last Picture Show. A true legend, she will live on in our hearts forever. What is everyone watching to honor her?

12 Likes

It is a damn shame about Cloris Leachman.

I’ll probably watch High Anxiety this weekend. It was so “outside her typical casting” and she nailed it. It showed her breadth as an actress very welll. It’s my favorite performance of hers.

8 Likes

And now another legend is gone. Cicely Tyson was amazing and worked till the end. She was great as Viola Davis’s mother on How To Get Away With Murder, but I’m going to have to deep dive into her career now too. This transition month needs to be done so 2021 can be great. And it’s my birthday to paraphrase the"Fine Art Of Crime" episode of Wonder Woman…

8 Likes

Which WW pilot do you mean?

8 Likes

World War II with Lynda Carter

7 Likes

Ah, thank you

6 Likes

Hi Kookie,

The requests that the community make help to direct the DC Team’s efforts for digitization and help with decision making for what does and doesn’t get added to the service.

However, there’s already a set path in place and the digitization efforts are a lot more complicated than you may think, which is part of the reason why it may take longer than you expect to get the comics onto the service. There’s also other issues to consider such as licensing which dictates what can and cannot be added to the service.

We appreciate the considerable effort you have made to bring our attention to missing issues and issues that you’d like to see on the service and we regularly push our list of those requests to the DC Team. After that, it is up to them to create an internal roadmap for issues being added to the service.

Whatever the reason may be for the issue being missing from the service, it’s not always a quick fix to add it. Please be patient, the team is aware that they’re missing!

10 Likes

Hey Kookie,

I understand that, I was simply giving you an insight into the workload that our team tends to be under! We’re aware that the issues are missing and the team will get it fixed as soon as they can :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Hello Applejack​:woman_red_haired:,
I’ve got some few questions to ask…

1. Will there be anymore Q&A chat with special guest anytime soon?
  2. Will you guys be adding more ‘Get To Know’ character and more storyline section soon?
    Thankyou.:slightly_smiling_face:
7 Likes

Let’s toon in to 1988!

9 Likes
9 Likes

Apparently not the best year for animation…

6 Likes

Is that sarcasm, or are you dissing Akira? :stuck_out_tongue:

8 Likes

What?! But I like Oliver and company and Quackbuster, I thought they were really both great films.:worried:

9 Likes

OK. I withdraw my previous question. Let’s try these instead:

1. A while back, there was talk about reformatting the Help Center section to give people more feedback on the progress of error reports and provide direct confirmation that they had been dealt with. Is this upgrade still on the docket?

2. More generally, now that the transition to DC Universe Infinite is complete, what are the immediate next steps that will be taken to further improve the service?

6 Likes

Nothing there that struck my fancy honestly

5 Likes

Hey Kookie,

Asking the admins and support team about your 1st question. They’ll be around on Monday!

The next steps will be to review the feedback and requests that have been pouring in from the community, triage them and then get to work with the highest priority issues. There’s still a huge list of comics making their way onto the service every month and we’ll be rolling the service out to more countries sometime in the future too!

9 Likes

Two of the most acclaimed Japanese animated films of all time, an anthology of classic Looney Tunes shorts featuring one of Mel Blanc’s final performances as these characters, a clever Disney adaptation of Oliver Twist featuring Billy Joel, and Don Bluth at the height of his powers. But nothing of interest. :stuck_out_tongue: To each their own.

(And I had to say “one of” his final performances because of you-know-what.)

10 Likes

That commercial will always reminds me of 1989 Batman movie on VHS til the day I die. Cause it’s a classic.:grinning:

8 Likes