OFFICE HOURS SWAMP EDITION: Ask DC Universe Infinite Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

If you could only read Comic Books written by ONE author…who would it be and why???

6 Likes

Hi @Alec.Holland,

Just wanted to congratulate you on your first official office hours and hope to have many more in the future!!! :facepunch:

10 Likes

Out in deep space a message is sent out to @KM_726 :00_lc_green_lantern: :st_swamp_thing2:

Happy Birthday KM! :tada: :partying_face: :birthday: :gift: :tada:

Hope that you have a great day celebrating. :clark_hv_4:

Also, hello again Alec. :wave: :sunglasses:

Hope you have had a good week. :smiley:

Say, Alec… Can you confirm about a plants left hook? :thinking: :joy:

Did also those left hooks affect some of our community features? :eyes:

It seems I’ve noticed at least in messages now there are boxes around each message and sometimes they are shaded. :astonished:

And… This addition for the week’s banjo collection for you. :banjo: :superman_hv_4:

10 Likes

I noticed this last week. It’s kind of annoying, TBH.

Last week, I also noticed that when I deleted a message, it was deleted instantly. There was no “message deleted, will disappear in 6 hours, etc., etc.” notice as there had been before.

Neal Page rocks that sweet, sweet banjo tune like no other.

7 Likes

Just fixed this for you, thanks for the reminder :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Did I pull a “Teacher, you forgot to give us our homework.” moment with that? :joy:

7 Likes

It’s buried somewhere in one of 3 notebooks I just haven’t taken a look at today :joy: It was on my to-do list, I just bumped it up :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Mead-brand notebooks? Those are my jam, Doc.

7 Likes

Yes, actually!

7 Likes

Great minds, Swampy!

:fist_right:t2: :fist_left:t2:

7 Likes

This made my day, thank you @ajm08g!!!

7 Likes

How are you in matters vegetable, animal, and mineral?

10 Likes

You’re welcome KM. :clark_hv_4:

7 Likes

Hi AH,

Were you able to find out any info on why we apparently won’t be getting Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis #49 on here and/or why there are only 4 archival issue releases for the week of 8/3 instead of the typical 5?

7 Likes

So @Alec.Holland what is your Olympic Event of choice? Also, whom would win the moderators Olympics?

8 Likes

I’m no kiss-ass, but I bet @Alec.Holland is :notes: “the very model of a modern Major-General.” :notes:

You want to hear about this one time my buddy and I were on the river and, my buddy and I, we sang the complete H.M.S. Pinafore from late evening until the sun came up? It was my buddy’s idea.

He’s a very good driver, my buddy. Yeah, definitely a good driver. Said he bought his undies at K-Mart (I took his word for it) and then as he watched Wapner this one time, a Kenner-made Super Powers Kaibak figure was clearly visible in the background. I don’t yet have the Kenner Kalibak.

In conclusion, it’s all about the rain, man.

“Ray, I’m going to let you in on a little secret: K-Mart sucks.”

7 Likes

My Xeroxed Monopoly dollar is on either @Shayera.Hol or @LastSon0fMars.

One’s a Thanagarian. If she can handle the threats of Onimarr Synn (that guy really loves to eat sins, BTW) and the Shadow Thief (among Justice League-based adversaries), then you know she could ace something as comparatively easy as the Olympics.

@LastSon0fMars OTOH, he could shapeshift himself into the perfect athlete for each event and easily outdo the others in his respective competitions.

Now, as for who would end up on the Wheaties box? Who cares? Wheaties is the drywall of the cereal world.

They would both appear on Corn Pops instead. Corn Pops kick ass, as do our @moderators, so it’s a natural fit.

I mean, if Corn Pops was good enough for Chase Meridian in 1995, then by H’ronmeer’s beard, it’s obviously a great pedestal for our resident Olympic champion Martian and Thanagarian mods to stand proudly upon as they wave to cheering throngs of spectators.

6 Likes

Haha!!! I was asking for a how dare u b/c u actually have the chronicles which is unreal. I have it on a cassette dual tape order off a tv deal from the late 80’s :joy:. So, although u did miss out on highlighting that song, it’s on there. Way to go Razzz!!!

7 Likes

This is kind of more of a technical question so sorry if this isn’t the place for it but; is there a reason when you spoiler blur stuff you need to do the tags for each paragraph? It seems like if you start to blur tag something but then hit enter to make a next paragraph it cancels out the blur effect.

But if you go back after everything is typed you can blur tag everything at once. I hope this makes sense.

And for a less serious question: Do you prefer the summer or winter Olympics more?

7 Likes

Well, Sideshow Bob, do you think that Alec is a historian? For instance, does he know the kings of England? Can he quote the fights historical (from Marathon to Waterloo) in order categorical? Does he know our mythic history: King Arthur’s and Sir Caradoc’s? Can he quote in elegiacs all the crimes of Heliogabalus? Can he write a washing bill in Babylonic cuneiform? Or tell us every detail of Caractacus’s uniform?

9 Likes