OFFICE HOURS SWAMP EDITION: Ask DC Universe Infinite Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

dons his best Columbo impression

Eh, one more thing, @Alec.Holland:

2021 is the 15th anniversary of One Year Later, which is the landscape of the DC Universe following one year after the end of Infinite Crisis.

In posting this week’s One Year Later-based selection for The Modern Age Superman Club, I dug around in our library (as I’m wont to do at all hours) and noticed that we unfortunately don’t have a One Year Later collection of everything from that period that readers unfamiliar with One Year Later could easily dive into and familiarize themselves with, as well as it being something those of us who are familiar with One Year Later could use to easily re-acquaint ourselves with.

To get to the brass tacks, is there any chance a One Year Later collection is in the works in honor of it’s 15th anniversary?

If not, is there any chance an enterprising, highly-ambitious soul could put a collection together that could then be added into our library by the PTB of DCUI?

One Year Later was pretty important as it:

• Picked up after a major event (Infinite Crisis) and detailed what the DC Universe was like in the aftermath of the second Crisis.

• Brought back the original volume of Superman (which began in 1939) under it’s original title with issue 650. Previously, it was known as The Adventures of Superman (which ran from 1987 to 2006 and concluded during Infinite Crisis). For those unaware, Superman volume 1 was DC’s very first title to star and be titled after a solo character. To say this title carries major weight within the history of DC is an absolute understatement.

• Introduced the ongoing adventures of the Jaime Reyes Blue Beetle , who would go on to become a fan-favorite character, and one for whom a certain segment of the fandom is THE Blue Beetle.

• Saw the introduction of Wonder Woman, volume 3 (this is a personal favorite volume of mine, so we’re talking personal bias here :wink:)

• Introduced a new Flash, with Bart Allen (formerly of Impulse and Kid Flash fame) taking on the mantle in The Flash: The Fastest Man Alive.

• Featured Hawkgirl in her first ongoing series.

I can go on, but the point is One Year Later is important and is absolutely deserving of a collection wherein readers (be they old or new) can handily access all of the titles and individual books that were part of it, rather than having to search for everything on its own.

Everything from One Year Later is in our library right now (minus Blood of The Demon #'s 13-15, as nothing from that series is digitally available yet). It just needs to be grouped together into the themed collection it deserves.

How 'bout it, Curly? Could we please have a “One Year Later will be collected for it’s 15th anniversary” figurative bar of gold, or at least a Batman Begins-style “I’ll look into it.” mark of assurance golden nugget? :clark_hv_4:

admits he recently re-watched City Slickers II: The Legend of Curly’s Gold, so the flick is fresh in his mind

I don’t care what anyone says, that movie is good. Not as good as the first City Slickers (whose VCR discussion scene is always fun), sure, but good all the same.

5 Likes