Office Hours Special Edition: Ask The Intern! Thurs, August 8th @6pm PST/9pm EST

Have you ever wondered what it’s like to be a shiny new intern in the DC Universe offices? Now’s your chance to find out! Tonight, intern @DivaShiva will be pounding the keys alongside me in her own special edition version of Office Hours, where you get to find out such insights as:

• How did you get this internship?
  • How many boxes did you have to fold for sweepstakes?
  • What DC Universe experiences will you be talking to your therapist the most about?

And much, much more!

Post your questions below throughout the day, then tune in TONIGHT, Thursday, August 8th from 6:00pm PST/9:00pm EST to get all the dirt from @DivaShiva- but remember, I’ll be nearby, so be nice! :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

It’s finally my time to shine. I am excited for tonight, DCUniverse be prepared for my arrival! :wink:

Thank you Applejack!

6 Likes

@DivaShiva
Hello!

What has been your favorite moment and most stressful moment so far?

3 Likes

Oh! A new person appears! Hello and welcome! What’s your favorite animal, and do you have any pets?

2 Likes

Hello, welcome to the DCU community!!
Just curious, what does the internship entail?
What have you learned about this community that excites you or surprises you?
Is this what you expected or has it been a surprise?

2 Likes

What are the technical or people skills that you already have that you find useful in your internship?

What skills do you want to learn there?

1 Like

What were your favorite DC comics, animation and films growing up?

Have you watched any of the DCU ORIGINALS series yet. If so, what is your favorite and why?

And the question I once posed to AJ, so it seems only fitting:
People have tattoos of DC characters, insignias and the like. If any DC character was to get a tattoo and of YOU, what DC character would it be and what would it be?

Lady Shiva is my absolute favorite DC character, after The Question. How did you get into Shiva, and what do you like about her?

• Favorite perk?
  • Biggest surprise?

Who’s your favorite Robin (Assuming Jarro is a Robin)?

Howdy and welcome. Everyones really nice here. :smiley:
pulls Shiva aside
Run! They are going to sacrifice you to the Thread Monster! Run and save that sweet little diva inside of you!

Joking, congratulations on the internship! :clap:
Don’t let Ajack push you around, she can be a real tough cookie. If you have any pokemon don’t let her know, she likes to beat them up.

1 Like

Welcome and congrats on working for DC! Say hi if you ever see me at a con! Have you ever danced with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Good luck on the internship! It’s a great way to prep for the work world in the near future! Our intern had her final day today, and frankly I have no idea who is going to do some of her workload…

Hi everyone, pleasure to meet you all! I am DivaShiva, a DCUniverse intern who works directly under Applejack. I am excited to answer your questions, but just a little warning, I don’t type nearly as fast as Applejack so my responses might be a little slow. Also, I will be working my way down from the first question!

4 Likes

No worries take your time, Welcome!
:partying_face:

2 Likes

@JWWLSM asks, " Hello! What has been your favorite moment and most stressful moment so far?"

Hello! Thank you for asking me a question!

My favorite moment was probably in the beginning, where @Applejack set up meetings for me to meet everyone on the team! It’s my favorite moment because I got to meet such an enthusiastic and quirky team of people. Everyone is so kind, hardworking, and inspiring.

My most stressful moment was probably the week before comic-con. I took up some design projects, and the deadlines were coming in fast. I was inexperienced with corporate settings, so knowing who to go to for approvals was really difficult. But the stress was worth it, I got to see some of my graphics at SDCC which was great!

6 Likes

@ijest asks, “Oh! A new person appears! Hello and welcome! What’s your favorite animal, and do you have any pets?”

Hello ijest! Thank you for asking me a question!

My favorite animal is probably a wolf or a shark. I don’t have any current pets, but I really want a tortoise in the future!

5 Likes

Hi @DivaShiva!
If you could add one feature to the DC Universe platform, what would it be?
Also, how many mangas have you read in your lifetime?

3 Likes

@Nathan.Payson asks “Hello, welcome to the DCU community!! Just curious, what does the internship entail? What have you learned about this community that excites you or surprises you?
Is this what you expected or has it been a surprise?”
Thank you!
The internship entails a lot of research, and design. A lot of open-mindness and creativity for new ideas. @Applejack is a great manager, she gave me the opportunity to choose the projects I got to work on, and guided me through it! I can now say I am one of her hench-womans.
I learned that this community is so wonderful! I was always a closeted superhero fan, so learning about how open and kind this community is, is enlightening.
I did not know what to expect at this internship. So everything was unexpected, but in a really great way! Especially the people, the team is full of really fun personalities!

4 Likes

@turokofstone1950 asks “What are the technical or people skills that you already have that you find useful in your internship?
What skills do you want to learn there?”

I don’t have any people skills that I can boast about. :3 I am endearingly awkward though. For technical skills, photoshop skills were definitely helpful, and being able to maneuver around digital softwares is helpful as well!

This is my second to last day, so there’s a short bubble for what else I could learn… But if I had to pick something to learn with my limited time, maybe how to steal the Batmobiles…
JK! I would love to learn how to stay connected professionally with everyone. I think connections are important in business.

4 Likes