Office Hours! Ask Jitsu Your Questions Every Tuesday Night!

Hers are some of my choices:

Brainiac 5: AJ Kapa

Shrinking Violet: Kristen Stewart

Triplicate Girl: Jessica Pare

5 Likes

Either that or put him in his Teen Titans cartoon role

5 Likes

x. penny for your thoughts .x

:grey_question:

6 Likes

Hi @Jitsu, I just noticed Batman vs. Bigby was added and was wondering if any of the fables comics and/or Fables: The Wolf Among Us (comic book adaptation of video game) will be added as well? :thinking:

I just recently realized that they were vertigo comics. Thank you in advance for your response by the way. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

I will one millionth this suggestion.

5 Likes

I have a question/request on the main DC site when I look at community it looks like this below.

COMMUNITY

[

SEE ALL

](https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/)

WHAT’S NEW THIS WEEK ON DCUI

MAR 15

Looking to pile up your pull list? Click no further!

WHAT’S NEW ON DCUI: MARCH 2022

JAN 22

Check out all the comics dropping in March on DCUI!

COMMUNITY EVENT HIGHLIGHTS

DEC 27

Check out all the events occurring in the community this week!

As you can see the dates for Community Events and What’s new don’t match the current post they link to, so if I was looking at it and saw a date of 1/22 for new releases and 12/27 for events, i would probably not look at them as i would assume they are old, anyway you can fix that. It’s been that way for a long while.

6 Likes

This is a good point. It doesn’t look like that on my end as I’m logged in to an admin account, but I do see this from the public side. Essentially, I reuse old placeholders for articles and change the links and titles to correspond to ‘current’ threads. I didn’t realize there was a metadata timestamp for them too and that’s not an option I can change. I’ll go through and update some things today.

Thanks for the flag!

7 Likes

Thanks as always for the prompt response.

7 Likes

@Jitsu I wanted to ask you: Do you think a Batman movie could be successful if it were done in the style of the 1950s comic books? I know people may look at them as corny, but for sheer adventure and whimsy, perhaps?

5 Likes

I think it could work! TBH, I think the 90s cinema really changed how we view the Bats. He was originally from a whacky, whimsical time where villains were colorful and almost joyous in their acts of crime–I think there’s something interesting there that would be welcome to viewers!

7 Likes

How do we get more people to use the community?

8 Likes

Throwing this out there as I just returned from a cruise and saw DC themed ships while I was in Italy - can you pass along the suggestion for a DC Fan Cruise? Having a bunch of writers, artists, actors, directors, editors and more on the cruise to do panels, sign autographs and just celebrate DC while we’re on the high seas would be amazing. Knowing that everyone on board was a DC fan would make it fun to go to up to literally anyone and talk about DC comics, movies, TV shows, podcasts and more. The cosplay would be great and I think it would be a huge hit.

Not to mention the Movies Under the Stars that they could show and potential teasers of upcoming projects!

7 Likes

Asking the deep questions, I see!

This is a great question! And one that we talk about a lot. I think the answer to your question lies within 2 general aspects of “user acquisition” (I put this in quotes because I don’t see anyone here as a “user”–we’re all community members): Value Add and Barrier to Entry.

Value Add is pretty straight forward–what’s the value of joining this community? Great people, great discussions, exclusive insight from DC talent…the list goes on and on. But this is is the general incentive that we (DC Comics) want to enhance as much as possible. With the new suite of site features/improvements coming with Community 3.0, we’re starting to scratch beyond the surface of the potential that this community holds!

The Barrier to Entry is also super important–how can we make it as easy as possible to jump in here and start having fun? This question comes with maaaaany answers, but lowering the barrier to entry will make the decision of joining the DC Community much easier.

So those are two really important aspects of growing this community, and we’re hard at work on both. Ultimately: if joining the DC Community is easy, and the value is high–why wouldn’t you join? I hope that somewhat answers your question!

10 Likes

I LOVE THIS IDEA.

I haven’t been on a cruise in years, but I think this would be so fun! A lot of awesome programming could take place, and I think it would lend itself to a lot of fun for both kids and adults.

This idea totally sold it for me. Outdoor movies are my kryptonite–let alone movies on the OCEAN.

How was your cruise, by the way??

7 Likes

Besides Batman, who’s your favorite member of the Bat-Family?

5 Likes

It changes a LOT…but today, I’ll go with Tim Drake!

8 Likes

ooh! that’s one you don’t hear often!

5 Likes

who’s your favorite member of the bat-family who hasn’t been a robin or batgirl?

4 Likes

It was fantastic. Rome is an amazing city and should be experienced by all.

5 Likes

Did I miss an announcement or update while I was out of the country?

6 Likes