OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

@Vroom, which version of ThunderCats?

3 Likes

:shock_ga:

4 Likes

Classic!

Afterward, I’m going to binge the 2011 ThunderCats, which is ridiculously good.

Fun Fact: Actor Will Friedle is Eric Matthews, who is Terry McGinnis/Batman, who in turn is Jamie Reyes/Blue Beetle, who then is Lion-O and DC Nation’s Green Arrow.

3 Likes

Thought I’d bring back this goodie so we can all pour one out ahead of the big announcement…
txn7rrc6j6q11

8 Likes

So, trying to get us depressed?

4 Likes

If anyone wants to listen, the newest episode just went live:

2 Likes

Stargirl in August of 2019 never happened.:frowning: We had to wait another 9 month for it.:slightly_smiling_face:At least it was worth a wait.
What does Applejack :woman_red_haired: see in year 3 for DC Universe? :stargirl:

6 Likes

:grin:

5 Likes

Thank you DC, WB, AT&T, and of course Applejack and the mods, and the DCU team at large! This is some great news in a year not known for great news!

I LOVE YOU ALL :sob: :purple_heart: :hugs:

10 Likes

Hi @Applejack with DC Universe changing my biggest question is what will happen to my lists I’ve created? Will they disappear, will they stay, will they automatically be transferred to infinity?

6 Likes

Wow. DC does a reward program to attract new customers. Shows adds with prizes they really do not hav available or not realistic for someone to join and get. They advertise shows that you can only get on DC universe. Then after the promotion to get more people to sign up, DC announces removes all the shows from the service. Switch and bate? Not really good business in my opinion.

The shows are also then main reason that I and many sign up. Will we get a full refund or protested refund on our year subscription? Will you be able adding new shows for existing series? E.g. krypton. Will your normal DC comic site sell individual comics.

3 Likes

I don’t think the removal of their shows was their choice. I also think in regards to the rewards program, one has to consider the fact we’re in a pandemic which affected how the rewards program went.

9 Likes

I understand that all ORIGINAL content will be moving over to HBO Max. But what about the tv and films that were not originals? Don’t get me wrong, I LOVE reading comics and look forward to an expanded library, especially since my local shop no longer carries DC. But, one of the biggest reasons I joined was the opportunity to watch childhood favorites like Super Friends and Wonder Woman. What’s going to become of those shows and all the animated movies? Are they moving to Max too?

5 Likes

Dear Parliament of Trees (@Applejack & @moderators)
I’m very excited about the news today! :tada: I can only imagine what’s been happening behind the scenes to get us here, so I wanted to say thank you once again for building and maintaining our fair land w/ decency, care and kindness, and it can only get better from here. You’re…just…the best—FACT. :purple_heart:
As usual, I have Qs! :joy: But for now…
And here’s 2 of many songs we’re celebrating with… plz enjoy.
for Harls :diamonds:

For my gurl Ivy :wilted_flower: Aj, please tell me you knew she was my avatar :nerd_face: this is also on an Ivy specific playlist.

Jk, I’m back!! Did I read the new info correctly? People w/o memberships will be able to interact in the forums? How will that work? And is the lounge password thing real…if so, will it remain? (I’ve never had to use it, so I have no idea.) I guess I’m just curious how/if the community will change. :mag::notebook: :face_with_monocle: As always, I hope this finds you well.

8 Likes

Why are the higher-ups making the app worse and trying to charge us twice? The best part of this app was that it was a buffet of DC, a one-stop shop for comics, tv and movies. This seems like a cash-grab at the expense (literally) of the fans.

4 Likes

@gypsyznova.11315, video will be leaving

@DangerDac, AT&T needs money fast

1 Like

My heart is absolutely broken tonight over the saddest news this year has brought. Are there any comics on the service that feature RBG? I would truly like to honor her as much as possible…

6 Likes

That is a really good question. I wonder if @HubCityQuestion knows?

She is a great loss and served her country with distinction for decades. A true example of what a USSC justice should be. She has earned my most revered compliment “she was one tough old broad.” The only other person I’ve ever had the privilege of saying that about was my paternal grandmother. She was also “one tough old broad.”

RBG, wherever ya are, I hope you’re enjoying some comics right now and pondering the question of do superheroes, operating outside the law, create a constitutional crisis and what is its relationship to Miranda.

9 Likes

:persevere: Agree. You too, @DeSade-acolyte. She served w/ honor, and was a shining example of strength and judicial practices done right. Well said. This is a very sad day, and there’s a little less light in the world, but…at least we were lucky enough to have her. She fought the good fight and taught me (us) very well. :purple_heart: I’ll take that small comfort.
If @HubCityQuestion tells us there aren’t any, I say read Notorious RBG :fist:

7 Likes

We were lucky enough to have her, but we obviously didn’t deserve her. She was such an amazing woman. If you haven’t seen it, RBG is available on Hulu…

6 Likes