OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

If you like The X-Files, check out Project Blue Book on Peacock, free with ads. Only 20 episodes and they are trying to shop around for a 3rd season.

2 Likes

Much appreciated, hope you enjoyed it

1 Like

Need more info

1 Like

He sat in someone’s lap while performing in Charlotte when I saw him live.

3 Likes

Ivan Koloff told me my smile reminded him of Roddy Piper. It was a great honor and both were still alive when he told me.

3 Likes

My English teacher was a roommate with the Indigo Girls

2 Likes

Around the same time as the Addams and Monsters and Hitchcock was still going strong. Seems there was a desire for the macabre…

3 Likes

True, not really, but I believe some of the later audio dramas deal with that. I haven’t dove into those yet!

4 Likes

I was an extra in Born on the Fourth of July back in my teens. I played “fuzzy dot in crowd.” Some of my best work, really.

5 Likes

DS basically ran during the height of the Vietnam war. We were in a macabre place anyway, with bodies of our fallen coming back home by the boat loads. Maybe the taste for the macabre came trying to process what was going on in our real life. Vietnam was the first war where we had daily video news coverage. Death was inescapable.

Who knows, maybe I’m wrong.

3 Likes

Dear @Applejack,
Who knew OH doubled as a Dark Shadows fanclub? I thiiink @Mae is…the President?? Right? lol

My original position still stands: Anne Rice did it better, but I’ve also read most of her books, so perhaps I’ve got more insight on the world she built and all the metaphors. I suggest, instead (or in conjunction w/ spending the next 3yrs trying to watch the show), :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: you read The Vampire Chronicles (First 3 books) :books:

(TIP: after that it’s ok to skip Tale of the Body Thief as long as you add Memnoch the Devil) OR you can meet the Mayfair Witches instead! Also worth a read!

Now. THIS :point_down:

We can’t forget The Lost Boys or Fright Night! :thinking: The list mixes satire, action, drama and romance, soooo: I’ll just CHEAT and say I liked all of them!! Which is your favorite? Loved Let The Right One In and I’m a sucker for Taika Waititi originals. I’ve begged everyone to see it AND Jojo Rabbit. :ok_hand: Excellent. Do it if you have not. :purple_heart:

Now. ACTUAL Q!!
Are there any plans to expand Kelex tutorials?

6 Likes

@Razzzcat did you know there’s word of a Vampire Chronicles TV show?

6 Likes

I saw! Thank you @Mae! :grinning:They’ve been shopping it around for about year or so. Hope it gets picked up and she’s happy w/ it. After what happened w/ the movie rights, (predates franchises but should’ve locked in the cast immediately for all 3- 5) which resulted in that Queen of the Damned movie :neutral_face::crossed_fingers::eyes: This itty bitty love muffin is def excited. (For you too AJ!) :purple_heart:image

7 Likes

That is the most precious thing I have ever seen! I WANT TO SQUISH IT! :hugs: :purple_heart:

9 Likes

Me too. I want to do the same to @ashleywilbanks puppy. :hugs: Aww So cute. Congratulations on the new family member!

7 Likes

Please don’t squish the kitties…

5 Likes

Not literally squish. :laughing:

Well… maybe a teey bit :eyes:

5 Likes

I have a meat tenderizer mallet I can let you borrow. :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

@Applejack
Anne Rice’s smut is much better than her non-smut. You want decent Anne Rice, I recommend the Beauty Series.

But I admit, I’m partial to smut.

4 Likes

@Mae, are those considered canon?

1 Like