OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Just got some serious “showed up to school having no idea there was a test” nightmare vibes

12 Likes

:rofl::rofl:

4 Likes

The first movie covered those 350 episodes in just over 90 minutes. :stuck_out_tongue:

The pace of this movie is exhausting as a result.

7 Likes

I HAVE SO MANY THOUGHTS :sob:

Zombies are medical aberrations, victims of disease. I think it makes sense that they could be both day and night creatures. Like, if I have the plague, I don’t have a medical reason to not be in the sun.

Vampires are bound to a sort of curse, as I understand it- but I’m ready to hear that there’s an exception to this somewhere, but I’ll just say this is MY understanding of vampires. Being hissing creatures of the night suits this and my vampire stuffs.

Werewolves are bound by moon magic, I think we all agree on that and their “rules”.

I think fast zombies make a lot of sense since it is really dependent on the type of disease they have. Whatever wiring happens in their brain, yeah, okay, makes sense! We don’t get a lot of the hoodoo origins of zombies, or the mad scientist lobotomized situation these days. Those should probably stay slow because they’re confused and battling a hidden agency.

Final thought, this Sleater Kinney video is fantastic.

6 Likes

“oh hi I’m just going to casually drop I have a new puppy and not share pictures okbai my name is ashleywilbanks”

11 Likes

I am Applejack and I approve this message

12 Likes

Ah that is an excellent question… I am not quite sure… :thinking:

No worries on cross-referencing. That could be saved for a later time. Right now the parts of the story I have all neat in a row in a list for the future. When the others are available then I would be happy to add the rest for future reading as well. :sunglasses: :+1:

Wow! Nice! :grin:

No problem on the links for the famous Ask… The Question catalog… Hmmm… Guess a question for @HubCityQuestion for another time would be if he considered his articles like issues in comic books? :thinking: :smiley:

I too had an account but have also slowed that pace… I’ve seen some notices about it being some what more accessible given current situation, but have yet to dive back in… :sweat_smile:

Indeed that animation style was something! You’re welcome and happy to share. :joy:

I think @BestBeastBoy would also get a kick out of it since it has one of his favorite starters in the spotlight. :smile: :superman_hv_4:

5 Likes

true. I just am not a fan of the movies. After having seen the beautiful tapestry of characters and characterizations from the daily soap, it seems so condensed. The 12 hours of the revival series seemed so fast paced. The movies are at freakin warp speed. So many of the nuances are lost.

6 Likes

Because the public-facing message of what the changes are are SO CLOSE, I can’t be as shadowy and cheeky with my teases. That’s my way of saying pay close attention before the next werewolf.

As for the Community team, we’re waiting to see how the chips fall with all the other elements before we can plan. I was saying today that I still want to apply some design tweaks still because the community interface is just never in its final form!! Not a BIG project but hopefully something to help clean the space up a bit :slight_smile:
Once we know all the tech and goals around the new DCU, I can be thoughtful about how to evolve our little house within it.

16 Likes

I am Sunny of Cocoa Puffs and I approve both these messages.

4 Likes

Have you also contacted rewards@dcuniverse.com? Or was that through DCU | Personal & Business Banking | Digital Federal Credit Union?

3 Likes

Hahaha love it!! Thanks RF, good to be back!

5 Likes

tenor

9 Likes

:rofl:

3 Likes

HI! I hope you’re noshing some delicious soft foods as I type! BC I JUST answered this a few comments ago, imma do a copy/paste:

"Because the public-facing message of what the changes are are SO CLOSE, I can’t be as shadowy and cheeky with my teases. That’s my way of saying pay close attention before the next werewolf.

As for the Community team, we’re waiting to see how the chips fall with all the other elements before we can plan. I was saying today that I still want to apply some design tweaks still because the community interface is just never in its final form!! Not a BIG project but hopefully something to help clean the space up a bit :slight_smile:
Once we know all the tech and goals around the new DCU, I can be thoughtful about how to evolve our little house within it."

8 Likes

Well, I have been talking about how close we are to an announcement…:sunglasses:

12 Likes

This is what happens when @Applejack goes on a vacation.
Office hours becomes a sea of esoteric vampire discussions. So @Mae , I’m blaming AJ for all the Dark Shadows bandwidth . We just probably shouldn’t be left this long without adult supervision. We devolve. :rofl::rofl::rofl:

If only DC owned the Dark Shadows comics. Thise would be so awesome to have in the library.

7 Likes

Not as of this moment, but we will be hearing details soon!

6 Likes

Right, exactly!

6 Likes

WOW, that’s soon.

10 Likes