OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Stargirl Icecream flavored would be Blue berries with Stawberry Icecream flavor.:smiley:

5 Likes

High 5! for Screamin’ Jay Hawkins! He actually features heavily in my ridiculously long Halloween playlist :ghost: :grinning:

Not much for cake either unless it’s the cheesecake variety or Tres Leches. Other than that—Keylime, Blueberry, Apple Cream, Pecan. :pie: almost forgot lemon ricotta pie :drooling_face:

Also

:100: correct :partying_face:

5 Likes

It’ll be more of a supporting role, but they’re definitely recognizing our value as a destination for fans while this is going on.

I was a DC fan beforehand. I got my first tattoo of a hydrogen atom when I was 21 in honor of Dr. Manhattan, followed by Swamp Thing and Abby, and then another Watchmen tat. My first cosplay was Batgirl. What Barbara Gordon experienced in her transformation of Oracle is a really meaningful reflection of breaking the standard of “this person dies… JK they’re back!” I really respected the choice that was made there and I think is an important contribution to any conversation around retconning.

There were some conversations a ways back about “the future of DC Universe”, and my meager offering of my own confidence in the brand being that I’m not looking for another job. This caused me to think about where else I would look, and I have to say that I think I’ve peaked in this role. If I were to pivot in the future it would hopefully be for a far-reaching tech company looking to make an impact on tech and internet access for low income communities or other programs that could create access.

But in terms of my enthusiasm, I’m a DC fan. The myth of DC is what defines the comic experience for me. This is where the heroes live, you know? I was weaned on Keaton’s Batman.

That being said I’m much more invested in the Vertigo titles or, Vertigo-esque titles, but I respect the modern day mythology of DC.

Oh, they all have their time to shine! I couldn’t possibly pick a favorite of those three. They all need each other to define themselves, I think. Light in the dark and all that.

Back atcha!

9 Likes

You’re the 100th person to talk up Schitt’s Creek! I tried watching it and couldn’t get into it after the first few episodes, but you’ve got me thinking it deserves another chance!

3 Likes

A very great loss. All of your call-outs are hard to beat. If you haven’t watched Enter The Dragon in a while though…

The man was a whole student of Bruce Lee- we lost a real treasure, and I’m very grateful for his work. Thanks for honoring him here :slight_smile:

7 Likes

ajm08g notes that @AlexanderKnox’s pen scratching furiously as he adds more to Applejack’s wiki… :thinking: :smile:

5 Likes

Screencapped and added to the collection.

7 Likes

All I know about Schitt’s Creek is they have a lot of funny gifs!

4 Likes

HA!! Well that didn’t take long :laughing: (For us to jump the shark, that is)

6 Likes

No, but I do love both of those actors!! I should check it out, especially since the taste around here is so excellent; can’t go wrong with the recommendations here!

6 Likes

When is the biography coming out? And the HBO Max miniseries?

7 Likes

I definitely did not explicitly mention the chemistry between Anderson and Duchovny being the primary motivator of my enjoyment of the series; but YES.

7 Likes

Oooh, this is hard! I did really like The Burbs back in the day, but it doesn’t age super well. I also like Joe and the Volcano, very cool style! I thought what he accomplished in Philadelphia was quite remarkable and showed off his acting chops really nicely. It’s hard to choose, he’s such a good actor! I actually haven’t seen A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood, but I should tee that up sometime- I can imagine he was very well cast!

4 Likes

Hmmmm… do you not get the pop-up at the credits that says “Watch Credits”?

5 Likes

Well, the biography will be coming out in multiple volumes, but I suspect that the last two volumes will be delayed for so long that the HBO series will wrap up before they’re published.

7 Likes

I should have gone back and edited that after reading, once I finished the full brief I was on board for the comment method!

7 Likes

If you’d like this in your Ask… topic, let me know and I’ll edit it in there with credit to @ajm08g!

6 Likes

You would’ve loved my Xfiles party :joy: Definitely my best work.

Oh, and for the things @AlexanderKnox is so graciously adding to your Wiki: :facepunch:t3: Hell yeah!

Gonna add my farewell. Many thanks. Have a great week, Cap. Take care​:purple_heart:

7 Likes

:thinking: That’s tricky business. Because it is a competition, it would be a big challenge to compile points for everyone got it right, because there’s no way to audit if someone genuinely knows the answer or if they’re repeating the answer they see above. I hear what you’re saying; there’s an unfair advantage to fast typers.

Perhaps we can discuss an additional segment that can serve those who might not be able to type as fast to level the playing field. No promises, as HCQ is the expert in running trivia- but I definitely can understand the frustration.

6 Likes

Incredible. They deserve every nom.

6 Likes