OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Thanks @MovieAddict. Yea, we’re all pretty close which is why it hits so hard. But thank you for your kindness.

4 Likes

@Aylex No apologies necessary. You didn’t know. No one knew. I haven’t spoken much about it. But there’s no ill-will here. And thank you for your condolences.

I’m gonna put up a post in the VIP section so I don’t clog up this thread. But thank you to everyone who reached out.

6 Likes

@superby1 my condolences to you and your family.

3 Likes

@KM_726 Thank you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Hey Applejack.

I don’t frequent this thread as often as I should. Whenever I do though, I always find it entertaining. Just wanted to say that I feel with you regarding the uncertainty surrounding DCU. Even if the message from you is “things will be ok”, dealing with the negativity both on and off the boards can’t be easy. I can’t stress enough how much I like being a part of this community, thanks to the wonderful members and the bang up job done by you and the rest of the moderator team :slightly_smiling_face:. Hope we’ll all be enjoying each other’s company for some time to come.

Ok, now that the (sincere) mushiness is out of the way, please let Brian Michael Bendis know I’m still a little butt hurt that he skipped over my question in his Q&A :joy:. He mentioned that he wanted the thread open so that he can come back but never did. Oh well… guess I’ll ask an easier question next time!

4 Likes

@Applejack . . .

:grey_question: . . .

:moneybag: . . .

6 Likes

To activate it, yeah. But that doesn’t change anything I posted. They still get to keep the discount for almost a full year, whereas everyone who pre-ordered DCU only gets the discount till winter.

2 Likes

I hear you. This whole thing definitely could’ve been handled/conceived better. I’m holding out hope they’ll give us a permanent discount as long as we always have an active DCU subscription. But at the same time, I doubt it. Sigh

Disney’s Hulu/ESPN bundle is permanent, so I don’t see why the DCU/HBOMax bundle can’t be permanent, either.

3 Likes

Hi, @Aylex. From what I understand, the discount only lasts for 6 months. Once you activate it.

5 Likes

I dunno, @Aylex. I don’t have a lot of faith TWDC can sustain that indefinitely—especially in the current economic climate. They have some co-owners to help, like NG & Hearst, but I think the future of these kinds of deals shouldn’t be relied upon. :confused:

4 Likes

If you want to pick the winner, now is the time:

2 Likes

If you’re a monthly DCU subscriber, then the discount lasts for 6 months. If you’re an annual DCU subscriber, then the discount lasts until your current DCU annual runs out. So if your DCU annual subscription expires in August, then you got screwed over and you only get discounted HBO Max for one month. See how unfair that is?

What is TWDC? And I see what you mean, whether it can be sustained is something we’ll have to find out. But with that ESPN/Hulu bundle, it’s still different because when you sign up for it, there’s no expiration date in the fine print like there is with the DCU/HBOMax bundle.

2 Likes

Oh. :smile: The Walt Disney Company. Look I was too lazy to type it out and had to do it anyway!
I wonder if no end date just leaves it so they can change it at any time w/o notice? My brain tends to go to both the best AND worst case scenarios… prbly some kinda coping mechanism I’ve developed to avoid disappointment :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: You’re right tho @Aylex: only time will tell.

4 Likes

Oops. :joy: I was sitting here trying to decipher it like “The Warner DC…? No, that doesn’t sound right…”

This is a fair way of looking at it. I guess I’m more of an optimist in that no date means I don’t have to worry yet about anything changing, just have to hope things stay the same which is a bit easier. But when there IS an end date, I’m looking toward that final date with a sense of dread and hoping that things DO change, and we all know how tough enacting change can be…

4 Likes

Hi @Applejack, caught up on some of the annual subscription Q&A’s. Did not know the annual subscription plan is now down. I read you had mentioned we could reach out to the moderation team for some kind of cost savings?

Besides that for those who preordered DCU with the 3 month extra and received the extended discount of $59.99. When our subscription renews in December, will we be billed at $74.99 broken down to monthly or will we be billed at the current monthly price?

2 Likes

I will quote you on this. Even if the price had to jump up a few bucks (let’s say $7.99 so that the bundle would come out to $16/mo.), a permanent bundle would be much appreciated.

6 Likes

Hi @Applejack

Is it possible that we might see a friends list or similar like feature in the future?

Also do you have any hints as to who the next Q&A guest might be? :grin:

6 Likes

Suggestion of the day: change the name of “Suggestion Box” to “Feedback” so that users will be more inclined to use the appropriate forum for venting their concerns.

8 Likes

Why should I keep this service? You sold all your shows to other channels. HBO Max (I have) and it has must of the programs. Star girl is on CW and is free there. You did rewards and showed nice prizes to just take away and make not possible to get. If I have HBO Max and CW, what shows (new) are still on DC and why should I pay more. If just comics, I can get my son the specific comics he wants and not pay your yearly fee.

1 Like

In a spot of good news, I finally got my Funko game reward in the mail :raised_hands:t3: Can’t wait to show my friends and give it a go.

5 Likes