OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

And just to be clear in case my posts yesterday portrayed the wrong tone, I’m not at all upset with you, AJ. I know you have no part in the less-than-ideal changes that’ve been happening, and I’m grateful that you take the time to address everyone’s concerns. So thank you.

5 Likes

I am currently dealing with a loss in the family. It has nothing to do with stopping defenses. I have to prioritize my family at the moment.

9 Likes

Condolences to you and your family for your loss.

5 Likes

@Jay_Kay that’s very kind of you. Thank you :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Very sorry for your loss @superby1, all the best for you and your family. Take care.

5 Likes

Thank you @iJest. I’ll probably put up a post in the VIP section later stating I’ll be off the boards for a bit while my family and I deal. But your kind words mean a lot

7 Likes

My condolences

4 Likes

I’m so sorry to hear that, my condolences to you and to your family @superby1.:confused:

3 Likes

Greeting again @Applejack. I sure hate to sound like I’m beating a dead horse but given the current changes to the service (loss of annual subscription savings/loss of exclusive video content), are there any thoughts of upping the value of the comics section with Vertigo/Black label content?

Also, just for peace of mind, there was a lot of allusions to these changes being done to keep the lights on of DCU. I know you’ve reiterated that you’re not looking for other employment (and that’s great to hear), but it would sure be nice if something more concrete could be stated about the health of this service. I think we’re all aware that changes are coming, and I feel like most reasonable folks will accept that given the state of the world. But regardless of the changes that are coming, could you make a generic statement like "The likelihood of DCU shutting down entirely is (pick one - highly unlikely/unlikely/likely/highly likely). Basically I’m asking for a 0-100% likelihood of this service going away completely but you can’t choose 50% lol!

Also, and I’m sure you can’t provide specific numbers but if DCU is fighting to keep the lights on… how bad is the number of subscribers? I was always under the impression this platform was at or above expectations when it came to number of subscribers

4 Likes

Very sorry to hear, but I also know how words are not enough. Just remember, if you need anything, you have a support system here in the DCU, but it sounds like you and your family are a tight unit, and that is very important at a time like this. Sorry doesn’t seem like enough to say, but sadly it is all we can offer. Very sorry for your loss…

3 Likes

Dear @Applejack,
As always, I hope this finds you well.
Quick Q: If someone were to suspend their membership, would it completely start them over from square one when they re-subscribed? …asking for a friend. Wait. :joy: I know how that sounds, but I am literally asking for a friend—no lie. It randomly came up in conversation and I realized I have NO IDEA and couldn’t find any info at the Help Center, so I thought I’d ask Oracle. :thought_balloon: shes got the burly brain muscles—she always knows. :eyes:
Thank you in advance, Captain.
Have a great week. Take care :purple_heart:

Ps. Just remembered I owe you a game, but I’m only doin’ it if it stays chill in here and you feel like it. :facepunch:t3: And…

I :heart: all the critters. Wish granted, @MovieAddict

Also, I came back to finish reading and saw THIS! :point_down:t3: :eyes:

…it’s NOT on HBOMax?!?

3 Likes

Jeez, now I feel like a jerk for saying that. Very sorry to hear about your family… I would’ve never made such a dumb little post if I’d known that detail. So again, I’m sorry :confused:

3 Likes

Hi again AJ, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this. I’m not sure if you’re able to communicate this type of thing with higher-ups, and if not, please let me know where I can file this complaint.

So if you’re an annual DCU subscriber and you got the HBO Max deal, you get to pay $5 for HBOM until your current annual DCU membership runs out. For me, I pre-ordered DCU way back in July of 2018, so my annual membership runs out this December. Which means I get the discounted HBOMax price for about 6 more months.

But if someone just recently got a DCU annual subscription in June or May, then they get the HBO discount for about 10 or 11 more months… How is that fair? Not trying to sound entitled here, but why do they get to pay less for longer, when I’ve been with DCU since the very beginning?

If nothing changes, I am absolutely canceling HBO Max before the $15/month kicks in. That is just way too expensive in addition to this DCU membership. The perfect, ideal scenario would be for this $5 bundle to just remain permanent as long as I always have an active DCU membership. As Knox said above, you can quote me on all of this to the higher-ups, especially this last paragraph.

Thank you for listening!

4 Likes

I believe there’s a 6 month time limit on the discount.

4 Likes

2 Likes

Hey @Applejack when can we expect official news, announcement, or post about the future of DCU and it’s direction? Basically more details on what’s going on with the service.

3 Likes

Look at that adorable pooch with the geart shaped nose

2 Likes

Try having preordered both and not being able to get the bundle deal after the e-mail saying that the bundle is a reward for the loyalty…

4 Likes

I appreciate that @Sean-Malloy

4 Likes

Thank you @Reaganfan78

4 Likes