OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

It absolutely does! Thanks so much for taking the time to answer it. I thought so on the news being dropped here. I love the community and love how supportive everyone is!

4 Likes

The 399th episode with Sr. VP from Sothebys and the DC Archivist was awesome.
The DC archivist mentioned that DC’s collection isn’t quite complete. Any chance we could get an answer to the question, what is missing?

Also, the Riddler’s first golden Age appearance is it in the comics collection. Detective 140 (1948). His first Silver Age appearance is here. I just found it odd that a major Batman villain first appearance wasn’t on the service. Maybe that worth passing along to the digitizing team?

6 Likes

I totally agree with @DeSade-acolyte on how great that episode was. Any way we can get the archivists on for a QA? I had questions.

4 Likes

RRRAZZZZCAT! Just a fun username. Hi! today was interesting, hopefully I get some good sleep tonight! I hope you’re holding up all right, as well :slight_smile:

Forgive my lack of familiarity with iOS, if I’m misleading you I do apologize. But there should be an in-topic search. When you type into the search bar inside the topic, a little checkbox pops up with the option “Search this topic”, which minimizes the results.

Although I try to avoid using Office Hours as a destination for technical reports, I would be interested in the details of your experience. I think what we really need to do is hunker down and collect the known issues and frequent requests into the main body of the Suggestion Box topics to prevent redundancy. Feel free to share with me here, or DM me on the side :slight_smile:

True.

TRUUUUUUE!!

False, I was actually very happy with it ending where it did and wish more television committed to limited runs.

What is Broadchurch and can I have it. Loved The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel but never returned for the latest season. My current series in this vein is Mrs. America, my glob! Also lots of Wonder Woman references in it :smiley:

Back at you, True or False:

• You have watched Killing Eve.
  • You’re not sure why they keep making seasons.
4 Likes

Hey RF! Right now there’s no definitive model for increasing or decreasing the DC Universe movie experience, you can expect about the same level of additions and rotations. But we are in close talks with them to create more fan engagement experiences, but that’s all I can say right now :slight_smile:

LUCKY!!! Do you love it?? Of course I don’t mind, that horse is the best!! I didn’t get through the game in its entirety but what I did play was a really beautiful meditation. Not that I know from experience, but it feels like living in the Old West. I think it was a masterpiece and a great addition to the series. I heard they worked the devs to the bone, though.

4 Likes

I think we need to open you up to more British shows.

4 Likes

I wonder if thanks to the Q-tine issues, we might not see more of that.

Your personal thoughts/opinion on how q-tine might have long term impacts on media?

3 Likes

Regarding the breaking news, I certainly wouldn’t expect real, original reporting, but back before the launch of the service WB talked about it as a way to get “official” facts out to help combat rumors. Even when Tiffany was still doing the news standups at the start of DC Daily, the only time it really felt immediate was when Whitney did a special bit to pay tribute to Stan Lee on his passing. I’d really like to see the show do more of that (not death notices, but you understand) after the current craziness ends.

3 Likes

I love it alot, the hard part is trying to keep the horse from getting killed even by accident. I just love all the western style in the game.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

In case you need dinner ideas:

2 Likes

Oh boy- time is so weird right now, but I want to say 6 months?

To gather feedback and improve the experience based on member’s reactions.

googles Marvel Insider Ah, yes! It’s similar to this and hundreds of other point rewards programs. Like all these rewards models, they are in the architecture very similar, but differentiate in the brand flavor. We are also very committed to our rewards being current, fresh products that are exclusive to our fans.

The timing was fortuitous, but it was going to be released regardless. the end goal is deeper engagement for our fans, but it’s not to increase specific properties. Just overall content. Most likely it will lean into whatever our promotions are at that time, but it was not created to signal boost specific content. The goal was to create more engagement opportunities for fans. Simple, but true!

7 Likes

Hope you don’t mind my mushy brain not being deeply intellectual on these points, but through the mush I sense reason, logic, charm, and persuasion!

4 Likes

They are two very different business models, but I like where your head is at! It’s why we’ve gotten the crossover comics, after all; they’re under the same umbrella :slight_smile: Would be really fun to see those in cartoon form, I agree! How are you liking Boomerang?

5 Likes

He’s on to me!

If you’re here right now, I’d be happy to add you into the group!

6 Likes

Broadchurch is a BBC show w/ Olivia Coleman, David Tennant, Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jodie Whittaker. It’s on Netflix. Drama/mystery. Very good. I am literally watching Mrs. America as we “speak”!! Get out of my head :wink:

I know I said there were no wrong answers, but you got :100: Congratulations :balloon: lol

True and… Truuuue :thinking:

4 Likes

I don’t have a question this week, so this tune felt very appropriate, since our Eternal Applejack has a good ear for musics:

(Fun fact #547: I don’t know Spanish so I have no idea what this is about, nada)

3 Likes

It would be sort of funny if he went back to sleep.

3 Likes

I really like it alot, I enjoy seeing those old Looney Tunes cartoons again along with Scooby-Doo and Tom and Jerry.:slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I totally hear you on not being able to afford another streaming service, and it can be a pain to try and manage them all. We unfortunately don’t have a definitive statement because our models just aren’t going to be that rigid. It’s all about timing, promotion, availability, etc. As soon as we try to define a blanket statement, something else will change. I know this isn’t satisfying, but my hope is that one day we can be bundled as an add-on. That’s strictly my personal hope, and not a reflection of any conversations I’m privy to.

6 Likes

I second that!!!
Especially some classics.

Rumpole of the Bailey (Leo McKern is awesome.)

Yes, Minister and Yes, Prime Minister (think of “the office” applied to British Govt departmental politics. Such a classic

Blackadder (if you like Rowan Atkinson of Mr Bean fame. Blackadder is a must) also BrIan Blessed and Miranda Richardson and Hugh Laurie.

Jermey Brett’s Sherlock Holmes and The REAL House of Cards. Soooooo much better than Netflix. Ian Richardson is phenomenal. I will argue the best show/mini series ever put on television.

3 Likes