OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Hello hello, just blowing in from the Doom Patrol watch-along, I thought I’d ask: any word on the street about seeing a Doom Patrol soundtrack coming out? Or any Doom Patrol merch at all?

1 Like

Hi Applejack, I was wondering Where’s Brian Tong? When will he be back on DC Daily?

2 Likes

The Great and Wonderful Google reveaks… Brian Tong has started a Facebook game show called Outside Your Bubble.

3 Likes

@AppleJack the documentaries section could/should be stuffed with all of the DVD/iTunes “extras”. It would give so much insight to so many characters and places in the DCU. So much knowledge for people, both old and new, to the depth and breadth of the DCU.

Any plans for making that material available? Especially for the docos/extras from the DCU animation movies already on the site?

4 Likes

@Applejack

There is a lot of talk about an unlimited library.

When you dig deeper that means the current titles, as close to recent as possible. I think this the majority view.

But others want everything that they can’t get easily
Like complete Golden Age and Silver Age collections

When I look at Comixology , I see huge gaps in titles

Including Wonder Woman

Brave and Bold Hawkman is missing an issue

Adventure comics with Spectre on the cover only include Aquaman. Backup.

I was looking for Blackhawk by Mark Evanier
The only Blackhawk I could find there was the awful new 52 issues.

The question is will DC Universe do the processing involved, which starts with finding a copy of the issue in question to get a desired issue of a title, or is Comixology for DC comics essentially what an “unlimited” library would like?

2 Likes

It’s probably been asked, but is there any plan to bring the Rick Springfield starring version of Human Target to the service? Would love to see it…

3 Likes

@AppleJack In regards to the Meta-Madhouse event. I do wonder how the impassioned pleas and posts have gone with the DCU folks “up the food chain”? Were they expecting this? Hoping for it? Surprised by it?

Also, what were the final vote totals for both the Darkseid/Supergirl match and the Crazy Jane/Flash?
Or better still can we get a breakdown of all the brackets?

4 Likes

I agree with DeSade. I’d love to see the specials section grow with things like that

4 Likes

numbers for the Flash were 8,055 to Jane’s 3,457 … no apparent data yet for Darkseid over Kara – an absurd, reality-averse non-result that momentarily drained the life and my interest out of this competition

but hey, Aquaman on blu-ray tomorrow, an excuse to drown this sorrow in bourbon and the seven seas :ocean:

3 Likes

What would you say the most requested original show that you guys haven’t announced is coming.

2 Likes

It would be pretty cool for us to get to see the results somewhere :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Please clarify: concerning other comic book fandom sites, is it permissible to post links to them here as long as no possible monitization is involved, the site is just for like minded fans?

3 Likes

If you could only read one Batman volume on Batman’s 80th which volume on DCU I would you choose.

1 Like

Applejack I know it was stated we would get new comics added each week through the end of March. Well March has all but ended and I was wondering if we would see new comics in April? If you need to answer wait until tomorrow’s panel for that answer, I can live with that.

2 Likes

peeks into the treasure chest Oooh, goodies!

3 Likes

As a reminder to folks who might not have participated in the past, I answer these questions in the order they were received. So questions asked a week ago will be answered first :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@deku_ asks:

“Question for next week, how was Us? Asking for a friend ;)”

I highly recommend seeing it in an intimate setting- there is a LOT of elegant tension, and it deserves our attention. If you are expecting Get Out, it is not that- but it IS Jordan Peele. He comes out the gate as a filmmaker with an indelible style that I will hotly pursue. Tell your friend it’s a must-see! But I ALMOST wish I had seen it just before it leaves theaters, in darkness, and no rustling or chatting around me.

3 Likes

@LifeNoob98 asks:

“1. Who is your favorite Robin?
2. Why is it Jarro?
3. If it isn’t Jarro, stop lying to yourself.”

1. After seeing him speak about the experience of being Robin over 50 years later, it’s GOTTA be the Batman ’66 Robin, Burt Ward. That man carries the legacy of Robin well into his sunset years, and we do not deserve him or the fandom he keeps sparkling all these years later.

2. Jarro is indeed a close second. The purity Jarro embodies, and the clarity with which he expresses the squire-to-knight relationship, demonstrates a maturity and depth that other Robins will never achieve.

3. All right, maybe it is Jarro.

2 Likes

@Nathan.Payson asks:

“[Are you still planning to release 2 new original episodes a week in 2020?]"
"DC Universe Shows Episodes to Arrive Weekly, Will Increase in 2020/Film
Here’s the link to the report. This report was consistent through multiple sites about the 2 shows a week in 2020”

Thanks for finding the source, I and those around me are unfamiliar with that objective. Production schedules are always changing, and that statement was made before we really got up and running- we will be discussing our upcoming release schedule soon, though so stay tuned for what to expect :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@HaruTheCatGirl asks:

“When are workshops?
Where are they?
Do they cost money?”

The link above will answer all your questions and more! Here it is again for your convenience:
https://www.dccomicstalentworkshop.com/writers-workshop/

2 Likes