OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Applejack: Any last requests before I eat?
DCU Members: Could you perform the entirety of H.M.S. Pinafore?

6 Likes

All right, friends- I’m afraid I must politely excuse myself in order to not so politely eat some tacos.

Thank you all so much for all your questions, the laughs, and really just the memories. I freaking dig you cats.

10 Likes

GOOD NIGHT APPLEJACK and STAY HEALTHY PLEASE WE LOVE YOU!

6 Likes

OH YES, AND ALL OF YOU STAY HEALTHY AS WELL! :heart:

6 Likes

runs away

6 Likes

Have a good night! Enjoy those tacos!

5 Likes

Aaaannnd … here comes Mr. Ramble Rouser!

Been playing catch up on the animated Batman-Brave & the Bold (available on site, natch). I suspect that Bob Haney would have very much approved of the creative freedom showed there. Freedom, I doubt DC would have permitted, back on his run. When editors kept a much shorter leash on their books.

In watching the James Bond style “minis” preceding opening credits, I am reminded of all the other fine “shorts” from DC Nation, that ran from 2012-14. As varied in style as they were in characters presented. Any more of those in the works?

And second, I can’t be the only one to notice this. But, I am bothered by something. The way Kevin Conroy’s Batman portrayals gets put on a pedestal, but Diedrich Bader’s work on BB&B goes unnoticed or acknowledged, as far as I can see. People praise the show (and rightfully so). It’s even an existing topic in Trending Discussions. I’ve added to it, myself. But Bader’s work there as Batman, seems to have fallen on deaf ears.

Like Conroy, his unique baritone delivery, carried the show for 3 seasons. Supported by fine secondary talents of course. All under the direction of Andrea Romano. I think even Mr. Conroy would acknowledge the excellent past work by his fellow actor, and voice-over artist. Seems a shame that more members of our litle community haven’t recognized this omission. And if I’m to be the only one, so be it.

Time to give this performer his well earned , and just due, as the " other " voice of Batman. As the great Stan Lee used to say, 'Nuff said!

3 Likes

I knew there was a reason I liked you…we both have an evil streak. :smiling_imp::wink:

2 Likes

Sorry 'bout my timing AJ. Looking forward to your response and return…

Same Bat-time, same Bat-channel!

PS - Thanks Knox!
You too Reagan!

3 Likes

Maybe the “30 year rule”. If a graphic novel has been out for over 30 years or some such, it’s viable?

Governments use it for document release.
Are people still buying the killing joke because they’ve never read it? Or because they want a hard copy version?

Something like the 30 year rule might he a good balancing point, perhaps?

4 Likes

MAJOR SPOILERS here…

Checkmate was completely dismantled during Event Leviathan, alongside every other covert agency on Earth - including the DEO, Spyral and ARGUS. The series ended with everything in shambles.

However, a mysterious figure named ‘King’ seems to be trying to put a new version of Checkmate together in the recently released Leviathan: Dawn One-Shot. He’s recruiting folks from around the DCU - Steve Trevor, Green Arrow, Manhunter, Lois Lane and some others I’m forgetting at the moment.

In April, there’s a new series planned for release called Event Leviathan: Checkmate.

2 Likes

Annnnd I just now scrolled down low enough to see that HCQ has already covered this ^. Okay, back to catching up on Office Hours…

2 Likes

So is Teen Titans: Raven! (That kinda goes without saying though)

1 Like

I’ll understand if you simply don’t have these answers, but do you think that virus whom shall not be named will affect the releases of upcoming DCU content? My heart will hurt if Titans gets delayed, but my heart will break if any of the cast or crew are put at risk

3 Likes

To quote Dumb and Dumber’s Lloyd Christmas:

“So you’re saying there’s a chance”.

Also: “Big Gulps, huh? Well, catch you later!”

SN: “We landed on the moon!”

Welp, time for tea!

3 Likes

Hi @Applejack
Any chance the amazing documentary “Necessary Evil” is going to make it to the service. It is simply fantastic and a view into the fundamentals of villainy using the world of DC Comics as examples as there are a plethora of DC villains to pull from as they dissect villainy itself.

So please can we get it here!!! So many members who haven’t seen it, should get the opportunity.

4 Likes

Queen Applejack! I cannot get over the completely god-like posters for WW84… Please tell us, what have we done to deserve such grace and beauty… :sob: :hugs:

2 Likes

Hello Applejack :woman_technologist:,
I have a question, when will Superman Red Son be streaming on DC Universe?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I can answer that one. They said a while back that they’ve changed it so that the animated releases come out six months after physical release. So that would put it sometime in September, barring any change to that policy before then.

2 Likes

Thankyou, only that’s too long to wait.:worried:

2 Likes