OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Unless I’m mistaken, I thought three months was the window from physical release to DC Universe availability.

As someone who’s already requested Necessary Evil via the appropriate channel(s), I’ll emphasize @DeSade-acolyte’s request for it. It’d make a particularly ghoulish delight of an addition during the Halloween season.

Rubs his hands together and smiles, Vincent Prince-style

What do you think, @Applejack?

hears Jody, Price’s grandson, exclaim “Give it some gas, grandpa!” in the background and ignores him

4 Likes

Necessary Evil was released in 2013 so it’s been 7 years. So I can’t imagine it “to new”, especially for a doco. It might be out on loan to another service, but hopefully that will expire when HBOMAX launches.

It’s such a great doco.

2 Likes

Necessary Evil came out in 2013, appropriately during DC’s own Villains Month push.

Do you mean 18 months since another release of some kind?

3 Likes

You are correct, thanks for the correction. I looked it up on IMDB and my eyes saw the 3 as an 8. I’ve updated my question above.

2 Likes

Hi @Applejack
I can understand the trepidation of an anti-hero badge.
Maybe a “Freedom Fighters” or “JSA” badge might be more appropriate, than an anti-hero badge?

3 Likes

Hello Applejack:woman_technologist:,
Since DC Daily has been doing a Batman the animated series watch along, will there be a section list for their watch along of Batman the animated series collection? That way it’s easy to track all the episodes they watch. :batman_madhqtas:

2 Likes

Applejack, will the current spread of the Apocalypse Plague hinder your ability to participate in Office Hours? We don’t want you to become infected on our behalf!

6 Likes

I agree, it’s not worth the risk.:slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Is there a current, pretty close to the exact number tally for how many shiny comics reside in our amazing library?

I know the total is ever-evolving each week, but I’m looking for the most accurate number currently available.

I pose this inquiry for two reasons:

1. Depending on the source, I’ve seen our tally be anywhere from 20-24,000, and it’s a matter of simple curiosity.
  2. When I sell folks on the service and it’s vault of beaming, joyful, four-color wonders, I wanted to utilize a number that would be nearly accurate and so mind-boggling that their jaw hitting the floor (due to the amazement they just discovered) would be heard 'round the world.

Thanx! :kiteman2_hqtas:

2 Likes

Batman: White Knight is coming in April! What a coup! Can you get into the details on how we managed to snag our grubby little hands on this one? Does it have to do with ongoing retail numbers? The fact that- like DC: The New Frontier, and others- it only retroactively counts as a Black Label book? Or is it the Harley Quinn connection to our original content? Or maybe the fact that the sequel series is wrapping up now? The mind buzzes!

5 Likes

What! What is this true? Are the Black Label issues finally starting to come in? Oh I would love to see the new Birds of Prey here!

#happydance

5 Likes

Back to the Graphic Novel Conundrum, and my apologies if this has already been suggested, but one thought I have in terms of “what graphic novels to put on DCU” would be to go for the ones that are no longer in print. I may be mistaken, but I believe there are a fair number of those, and they definitely wouldn’t be competing with your retailers.

3 Likes

Given the filming shutdowns with WB, any idea when we’ll be getting the last episodes of DC Daily for a while?

6 Likes

With FCBD being delayed or possibly cancelled, is Generation Zero: Gods Among Us still planning to release on the 5th on DCU?

3 Likes

And Doom Patrol! What about Doom Patrol (and of course, April Bowlby :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:)?

4 Likes

I’m interested in seeing Kristen Wiig in the Cheetah gear, but the filmmakers are probably saving that as a surprise.

3 Likes

Hello Applejack :woman_red_haired:,
Are you a fan of Back To The Future? If you could travel in time, where would you go visit?:slightly_smiling_face:
On April 1st I’m doing a Double Feature watch along of Batman and Batman Returns. Thankyou so much for bringing them back. I hope they stay on here forever.

3 Likes

Sorry to change the subject dear Lady AJ, But this won’t keep. Plus, I didn’t want to be another late entry like last week. So embarrassing.

Anyway, I beg your forgiveness, as this is directed at one of your staffers. A man I have lorded time and again, for his selfless and detailed dedication to his craft. One Joshua Lapin-Bertone. Yet now, because of a recent article on the after-hour hangouts of the DCU, it was my sad duty to discover, he is a " mere mortal," after all.

I could be wrong about this (it wouldn’t be the first time), and yet everything points to an error in his piece. As well written as it always is, an obvious omission from his listings, stands out. Unless of course, Neil Gaiman’s Lucifer is no longer considered part of the DCU. Since I kinda’ doubt that, I figure I’m on safe ground here. Those of us who’ve followed Lucy’s exploits over Mike Carey’s 75 issue run, as well as 3 seasons of live action on FOX, before going over to Netflix, are (he stops to take a breath), well acquainted with LUX!

LUX, ahhh, the stories it would tell, if it could talk. One of them being, how it feels to be overlooked for considerably lesser establishments!. You hit us with Noonan’s Bar (run by a demon, for cryin’ out loud!) And yet you by-passed, the Devil’s own. Tsk, tsk, for shame.

Wait a minute, I know. You deliberately left it out, didn’t you? Saving it as part of a stand alone piece on Lucifer, that’s in the works. Am I right? Am I right?

PS - Stay well, all. Our community isn’t that big. We can’t afford to lose a one.

2 Likes

Hello AJ,

Two things:

1. How are you and everyone else on your staff holding up amid all the OVID-19 panic? I hope all of you are doing well.

2. Both Renegade Robins clubs are hosting our first joint event this Friday which is a WAL. We would like to invite you and the other mods to attend if you’ve the time.

6 Likes

Last I heard, FCBD is less being delayed and more being extended throughout the month to avoid large crowds. They’re calling it Free Comic Book May.

EDIT: Turns out I was wrong, it was delayed.

3 Likes