OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Why is the “Trending Discussions” section labeled as trending when it’s just a curated selection of posts? They’re more like pinned posts or promoted posts if anything.

1 Like

Hi everybody! Starting up here in a minute or two. Stay tuned!

5 Likes

@LifeNoob98 asks:

“Have you heard anything of the Rebirth Flash series by Joshua Williamson coming anytime soon? At least, part of it?”

I have not heard anything imminent regarding Williamson’s Rebirth Flash series, but that does not mean it’s not on its way soon. Thanks for sharing the demand! Are you voting for The Flash in the Meta Madhouse brackets?

4 Likes

@TurokSonOfStone1950, I’m afraid with so many threads reviewed, I’m not positive which one you’re referring to. If you could provide a link in the future that would be amazing!

I am also unclear on the question, but if you’re able to make it back here before I hit the road for the night (~6:40pm PST) and ask in a different way, I can answer then :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have a few questions, i apologize if they have been asked before.

1. I know we have DC movies in theaters but is DC Universe looking to make original movies as well? We’ve heard a lot about rumored DC Film projects like Nightwing, Justice League Dark, and Booster Gold and seeing as how those movies may never be theatrical movies (especially if they would be R Rated), i would love to see DC Universe tackle them.

2. Any word on when we might get the premiere dates for Swamp Thing or Young Justice: Outsiders Part 2?

2 Likes

@Don-El votes for:

“Part of the comics Tuesday reveal will be one new comic for the newer runs per month. So in other words, whatever currently is in the rebirth detective run now in the library, 4 weeks after that was set up have the next issue revealed Tuesdays, with the same for Action, Batgirl excetera, scattered throughout the month.”

I know we’re aiming to publish complete runs of all series, but are you proposing releasing one issue at a time, kind of like we do with our Original TV series? With the amount of sadness around missing issues in our series, I think that this might not go over well. HOWEVER, I may be completely misunderstanding! And if so, forgiveness please.

3 Likes

@tuskythewalrus, my pleasure! That’s what I’m here for!

3 Likes

@Reaganfan78 asks:

“With a 1974 Shazam TV show on streaming service and a movie on a way, can you guys please add the 1980 Shazam cartoon to the streaming service?”

I’ll definitely pass the word along, thanks for submitting the request! I know a lot of people on the service here would get a big kick out of it!

6 Likes

@dglasco7.90621 asks:

“Will Batman vs TMNT be added on here? Also is there a release date?”

Batman vs. TMNT currently has a release date of March 31st, 2019, but we have not yet seen any news about it coming to the service. We published an article earlier this month highlighting what was coming to the service in March, and that wasn’t on it. That doesn’t mean it won’t come to the service, but I haven’t heard anything at this time.

You can find “What’s New in March” the article here, or in the News section from February 28th:
https://www.dcuniverse.com/news/whats-new-dc-universe-march-tvs-shazam-batman-year-one/

4 Likes

@Redhood.55520 asks:

“Who would win, Batman or Batman?”

This is a tough one. On one hand, Batman has unstoppable determination and stealthy skills that can take down even the most powerful intergalactic being. On the other hand, Batman’s keen insights into his enemies and ability to think two steps ahead could make him emerge the victor. I’ll have to think about this.

6 Likes

@Davidbizzarr1000 asks:

“With arrow ending could we see arrow move to DC universe?”

I think we’ll know more about the fate of the CW shows in the near future, but at this time I haven’t heard if they are making their way to DC Universe. Fingers crossed!!

7 Likes

@Applejack Is there a long-term strategic plan for DC Universe? If so, how far out? Any details? Since I’m sure you can’t share details of it, where do you personally see the service in five years from launch?

2 Likes

Oh! From last week:
@jlange0820.1792 asked:

“For those of us unable to get to WonderCon can we get a live feed of the panel or at least a same day tape delay?”

I asked about this and unfortunately, there will not be a live feed :sob:

3 Likes

@Davidbizzarr1000 asks:

“We see other services one in particular that raises the price every 6 months it seems so will DC Universe be raising the price anytime soon”

No discussions are being had about raising the price about DC Universe. There are a LOT of discussions about improving it, though! You can expect the bang to get bigger, but the buck to stay the same, at least in the foreseeable future.

7 Likes

@Reaganfan78 asks:

“Is it ok if I move my movie watch along to the Watchtower every Thursday?”

I’m sorry Reaganfan78, I’m afraid not. We reserve the Watchtower for DC Universe announcements and official events. Even our Saturday Morning Cartoons are in the TV, Film, & Games category. The DC Daily book club is placed in Watchtower because that initiative was requested by DC Daily themselves. The Original series Watch-Alongs are in Watchtower to promote our most important initiatives. Otherwise, much like what we do with Saturday Morning Cartoons, we strive to keep the boards organized so people looking for official reports can look to the Watchtower, and people looking for TV & Film comments/discussions look in TV & Film.

We are looking at reorganizing the boards in the future, so if you’d like to suggest a new system we’re open to ideas!

6 Likes

@christowhit.7544 asks:

“Has any thought been put into putting some silly little Flash games onto the site (after all of the other major upgrades, of course)?”

I would certainly LOVE that, as a chronic gamer myself. The conversation isn’t being eliminated, but we do have quite a bit to figure out when it comes to our core features before we start getting really crazy. I’d love to see a partnership with our games division to flesh out support for them through promotions on DC Universe.

Certainly when we look towards launching on consoles, we’ll be attracting a bigger gaming audience, so this would be a worthwhile exploration.

5 Likes

@christowhit.7544 also asks:

“I’d also love to be able to use some DCU-specific emojis like the DC All Access App had (even if they’re only for this site). Any thoughts about that kind of customization for the future?”

Hold that thought!! Custom emojis will be a big piece of our forum remodel. We’ll be running some threads closer to that date asking folks to submit their emoji requests in the “Suggestion Box” section, so stay tuned!

5 Likes

@nu52 asks:

“Why is the ‘Trending Discussions’ section labeled as trending when it’s just a curated selection of posts? They’re more like pinned posts or promoted posts if anything.”

GOOOOD question!

1. We do not have the automated functionality for trending discussions to naturally be highlighted.
  2. Because we also lack the functionality to “pin” posts to the top of categories, we use this as a “poor man’s sticky” section.

Would you recommend changing the name to something else? It’s certainly possible!

3 Likes

@exclusive21 asks:

“1. I know we have DC movies in theaters but is DC Universe looking to make original movies as well?”

Nothing at this time, but how cool would it be if we did well enough with Original series that we got enough clout to make a feature film? Hey, look at Netflix with Roma!

@exclusive21 also asks:

“2. Any word on when we might get the premiere dates for Swamp Thing or Young Justice: Outsiders Part 2?”

No exact dates yet, but we’re looking at May for Swamp Thing (so close!) and mid-summer for Young Justice: Outsiders Part 2 :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@BatmanOfZur-En-Arrh asks:

@Applejack Is there a long-term strategic plan for DC Universe? If so, how far out? Any details? Since I’m sure you can’t share details of it, where do you personally see the service in five years from launch?”

Yes, we have a detailed roadmap for the technical service that is our sun. The planets of News, Community, Rewards, Original Series, and more have their own roadmaps that fluctuate with the temper of the sun.

Many of the initiatives are informed by the more popular requests you see coming through these forums and elsewhere. (Console release, parental controls, moar of all the things.)

If you have specific questions and Community and Rewards strategies I can speak to those directly, but I am foggier about other planets activities.

In five years I see DC Universe as a landing page for fans to immerse themselves entirely in the realm of DC, including timelines, recommended content, and a service that can be customized to your specific tastes. It will be a a rich content delivery service, but more than that, subscribing to the servic e will open up exclusive opportunities for DC-related activities all around the globe. Advanced access, discounts, exclusive merchandise, special events, meet-ups, and an even deeper and more immediate way to connect directly with the creative professionals who craft these worlds.

9 Likes