OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Been re-watching Doom Patrol of late, in anticipation of Season 2, down the road. Question for you @Applejack. Is it me, or are there more than just coincidental similarities between a certain Hellblazer Legend named Constantine, and another wizard who turned up on DP named Willoughby Kipling? I mean the whole Limey, foul mouthed, cigarette smoking, trench coat wearing, oddball magic trinkets and what not, would seem to indicate otherwise.

Not complaining, mind you. Merely making an observation.

Could it be because they wanted someone already taken, so we got a WATCHMEN like doppelganger instead? I mean a lot about Legends and Patrol seem to be like distorted fun-house versions of each other. One more sugar 'n spice, the other more oil 'n vinegar. J.C. has always seemed to be an uncomfortable fit, at best, with Legends. Where as with the DP, he’d be right at home.

As I said merely observations, for your consideration.

3 Likes

Really? I just looked for them and couldn’t find them.

2 Likes

It was in the “What’s New” post this week! Perhaps they were held up… what’s the story, AJ?

3 Likes

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:,
With Club application closing on Monday, when will you guys be announcing the new club?:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Bah hahaha! :fish: :blowfish: :tropical_fish:

1 Like

They are SO GOOD! I used some of my Google opinions Google Play money to buy Family Matters Lego Movie - Very Enjoyable! Whee! So Super Good!

3 Likes

Who has the difficult and daunting task of choosing the DC You pitches? They are all excellent pitches so far, and all sound incredibly good and entertaining. I don’t envy making the choice…

3 Likes

@Applejack. Is there a chance we might get some dcu exclusive book’s soon?

6 Likes

It’s time for everybody favorite Streaming service, The Office hour, Starring @Applejack! Applause:grin:

6 Likes

Oh my gosh nooo! :blush: Thank you Reaganfan78, it’s my favorite hour on this streaming service too!

I’ve already eaten all of my snacks. I am so sad. That’s what I get for having soup & salad for lunch.

All right, hi everyone! Office Hours are open. For those who haven’t attended before, my handle is Applejack, very nice to meet you. I always answer questions in the order they were received; this means that if you asked a question aaaall the way last week, I’ll answer it first! If you asked a question 5 minutes ago, it’ll probably be answered closer to 7:30pm PST, depending on how fast I can type.

Without further ado…

5 Likes

Kicking it off with a fun one!

1. Write - Kyle. Draw - Guy. Kill Off - Alan. (let me be clear, I have a strict policy in “who has to die” scenarios to do away with the oldest; the others haven’t had as much life to live.)
  2. They wore it exactly the same.
  3. Totally, she could make it into a whole dress.
3 Likes

It sounded a lot more complimentary in the room
:sweat_smile: :joy: :rofl:

4 Likes

(Look how big emojis are on their own line now!!)

6 Likes

We haven’t planned that far out, BUT! A lot more people have been doing “BYOM” (Bring Your Own Movie) Watch-Alongs these days, so I say plan, plan your heart out!

5 Likes

We can definitely look into getting the other stories back on the service- I’ll pass the request along :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Funny you should ask!

6 Likes

I had to ask! LOL! Thankyou!:laughing:

3 Likes

Oh my gosh, “Misery in Space”- what an amazing title. And beautiful artwork! I will indeed add these to our list of Print-To-Digital requests now.

If you have any more to add, go on and add them here:

Since getting back from the holidays, we’ve been a lot more aggressive about passing these on to publishing and have a beautiful new administrative system for making sure they make it into their pipeline. I’m eager to see more requests over there :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

@MovieAddict has the right of it, for now at least - that will be subject to change, so don’t hang your hat on it just yet :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Applejack greetings and salutations. Are there any examples in the forums of posts turned into wikis that you can point/link to as guidelines one might follow in making one?

2 Likes