OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:,
Can DC please have a Wonder Woman emoji? I’m doing a Wonder Woman movie countdown and it would be great if DC have a emoji of her and maybe more characters like Batgirl, Penguin, Martain the Manhunter and Stargirl, Thankyou! :batman_hv_2: :superman_hv_1: :clark_hv_2: :flash_hv_1: :gl_hv_1:

3 Likes

Hello Applejack :woman_technologist:,
It’s me again! Seeing you’re a Star Trek fan, next Thursday Star Trek: Voyager turns 25 years old! So here’s some Star Trek questions…

1. Which Star Trek show is your favorite?
  2. With Voyager turning 25, who’s your favorite character?
  3. Which DC Character would make a great Captain on Star Trek?
  4. Have you ever met any Star Trek actor?
    Want hear a story? Back in 2006 at a Las Vegas Convention for Star Trek, I walked up to the table that Victor Brandt was at, When I saw a picture of Professor Hamilton I got Star struck and excited, “You’re Professor Hamilton?! I love watching Superman the animated series! What’s it like being on the show…” He was annoyed by the way I was acting and said, “Calm down!” Turns out later he was nice. I also got to meet Lee Meriweather who play Catwoman, she like my imitation of Burgess Meredith as Penguin! :grinning:
    I finally also met the lady who play ball with one of the mole man in The Adventures of Superman. She was nice, we talk a bit about George Reeves, I remember telling her there was a movie (Hollywoodland) about him coming soon.
    I think that’s all the DC connection of the people I’ve met. :slightly_smiling_face:
    Oh yeah, I also met Jeffery Combs, he was nice, I told him that I like Question and he did a great job playing Scarecrow, I ask him, “In over the edge episode after Scarecrow knock over Batgirl off the cliff of a building, Scarecrow only had a laughing part, was that your laugh?” He think about it for couple of seconds and smile a bit, " I don’t know."
    It was a lot of fun, that was my last Star Trek Convention I went to.
    From 2002-2006 I’ve been to 4 different Star Trek Convention, if you like to hear more let me know I’ll post message to you about it.:slightly_smiling_face:
2 Likes

Just a thought, but why not have the character limit defined by your community level? Superheroes get unlimited, Heroes get 15k of so, etc.

4 Likes

Hello Applejack :woman_technologist:,
I have a couple of questions to ask, Almost a year ago I had an idea for Encyclopedia, wasn’t sure if it ever went through. I was thinking it would be cool to see that each characters has a 30 second to 1 minute video clip of that character to watch. What you think? :slightly_smiling_face:
My next question is Do you know when or if @The_Riddler will ever return? Last week I really embaress myself during the Tuesday trivia thinking he really came back, only to find out it wasn’t him, it was somebody else with a same name.

2 Likes

I just binge read every Office Hours post from end of Applejack’s vacation until now. Things pile up quickly, but I don’t want to miss a thing.
As long as I’m here I think I’ll ask a question.

DC Universe question: You mentioned previous fan events and talked about the NYCC Lounge. I LOVED the Lounge, especially because it was a great place to park, snack, get articles done, and socialize between assignments and panels. What lessons have you learned from each event (SDCC boat, March 2019 fan event etc)?
Non DC Universe question: Are you a Gilmore Girls fan? I just binged the entire series and I have a much deeper appreciation for the backyard behind your office. I recognized so many places!

4 Likes

Thank you again, @Applejack, for your stellar guidance (and wisdom)! :blush:

• Undo/Redo: I’m also unsure what the standard is, but I imagine even just a few steps would be super helpful.
  • Community-Linked Comic Threads: Ah, yes. Got it. I appreciate Community 2.0 so I will wait patiently and quietly for this to come back around in priority. :relaxed:

• Availability of Books in the DCU Store: I completely understand. Thank you for the context. The “rewards program” is a cool idea. I look forward to seeing if that will come to fruition.

Thank you again!

3 Likes

Hi @Applejack
What date range does the DCU calendar define as spring?

Yes, this is my sneaky way of trying to figure out when Stargirl is going to premier. Of course if you could give us an actual release date, heck, even month. That would be appreciated too.

It’s not like I’m greatly anticipating that series at all. I’m asking for a “friend”…yeah…that’s it. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it.

4 Likes

@DeSade-acolyte I like your end comment, reminded me of a song by Colin Raye, :notes:"That’s my story, I ain’t got a witness, And I can’t prove it, but that’s my story and I’m sticking to it!":notes::slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

That’s interesting, the phrase is some 80+ years old, originally appearing in the public consciousness via depression era gangster movies and used either by a perpetrator or by somebody who clearly saw the crime but wasn’t going to cross the mob.

3 Likes

Hi @Applejack
The Batmen is such a great dock series, and curated from @DCDaily content.

Please tell me there are more of these coming. :pray::pray:

If there are, any “sneak peeks” on who and/or when?

Your secrets are safe with us. :smiley:

3 Likes

@Applejack how many comics are on dc universe now

3 Likes

Hi @Applejack :woman_technologist:,
The Joker was nominated for 11 Oscars, what’s your and everybody’s reaction to it? Since Disney + is showing their new movies like Aladdin and Dumbo, is there a way DC Universe can have Joker on here instead of HBO Max? Thankyou

1 Like

I got it from Jon Lovitz in the 80s SNL, “with my wife, Morgan Fairchild, yeah, THAT’S the ticket…”

2 Likes

I’m in the minority, but I thought Joker was overrated and painted him as the sympathetic hero, especially the mob scene at the end devoted to him. I am old school and would rather see the heroes be the heroes of the story and the villains always painted as the bad guys…

3 Likes

I see where you’re coming from @MovieAddict, To me Joker is as much as a villain as Norman Bate! There was one scene where Arthur goes on attack that I thought I was back in 1960 watching Psycho! The movie had me at the edge of my seat! To be honest I would’ve vote for Avengers Endgame as best picture of the year. Where are you going to find a huge Superheroes team up and fight a powerful villain?:slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Norman Bates was never portrayed as a hero to anyone though. There was no mass following of Bates. Endgame was really good, but far from Oscar caliber to me. The last film that said Oscar-worthy to me was Crash, and I didn’t think it would even be nominated let alone win because it was released in May. Life is Beautiful was another true Oscar caliber film and I was very upset it was not nominated for the big one. Thought it was far superior to Shakespeare in Love. This year, I’m behind on the nominated films, so I can’t say which should win. Oh, Hidden Figures and The Help were very deserving too…

2 Likes

Dear @Applejack

Any idea yet if and when this new series on Aquaman by James Wan will be available on DC Universe?

2 Likes

How are we doing?

3 Likes

How are you doing?

2 Likes

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:,
In case you didn’t see the new Stargirl trailer, here’s a look! :grinning:

Few months ago almost everyone was complaining that it was going to be on CW, then I was thinking CBS showed Star Trek: Discovery only once on their network to promote CBS all access. So when Stargirl air on CW, will it be just 1 time for the first episode or all episodes will air on the network each week?
Did I mention how much I love the trailers and can’t wait for the show?! :grinning::star2::tv:
2 Likes