OFFICE HOURS: Ask DC Universe Your Questions Every (UPDATED) TUESDAY Night!

I do love me so BGOBS… But I’m so attached to my Alex Ross vision of Babs!

3 Likes

No, no interview :slight_smile: We may reach out with some follow up questions if we’re not clear on something, but the rest is rather cut and dry!

2 Likes

We’ll see, RG. We’ll see. :wink:

2 Likes

It’s probably best those meetings aren’t witnessed. We get a little… blue. I think the specifics will probably be announced closer to when it goes live, currently circling late Feb/Early-Mid March. Yes, that should be broad enough to help me keep my job…

3 Likes

Here, here!! <3

3 Likes

I’m also very excited for Picard, too!

6 Likes

All right, friends! Looks like I’ve reached the end of the road for question lane.

Thank you all so much, as always, for all your hard-hitting questions. They keep us sharp, honest, and staying the course.

Oh! Next week I will be opening the door to my Office Hours on Wednesday night, instead of Thursday. I will be seeing a screening of Parasite on Thursday with a director Q&A :clap: Very excite!

I’ll update the post now to make sure everyone is aware :slight_smile:

Thanks again all, and have a great rest of your week! See you around the boards <3

5 Likes

Aw, give those kitties a few more pets from me :green_heart: Thank you. I wait with bated breath!

2 Likes

I was gonna ask hot or iced, guess you beat me to it. I’m all about some iced flavored green tea. It’s one of my biggest addictions. I’ll drink anyone under the table on some tea…

2 Likes

Totally dependent on the season! Tonight it was Earl Grey. Hot.
eZ1LAjc

ok bai!

4 Likes

Thanks beyond words @Applejack. I was considering finding new work before last Thursday and the attack made me want to even more. Things have been better this week, but I’m still on the fence about staying. Your words of encouragement are desperately needed at this moment and I can’t thank you enough…

2 Likes

Ultimately you have to do what’s best for you, first. Your ability to serve others can’t be carried out if you are depleted. No matter what you decide to do, I know we’re all still super freaking happy to see you here. Keep me posted on what you decide! Happy to help, if I can :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Ok bai for real!

2 Likes

Is there an easy way to find the trivia posts? I work a minimum of 40 hours a week and don’t have time to search through all the boards. I love to play trivia though, even when it’s trivia I don’t know…

1 Like

Mental note to read on Wednesday. Hope you have a great time at the screening!!! BTW, I need more than 3 allowed exclamation marks :smile::clown_face::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye::joy::sunglasses:

1 Like

@Applejack

Re the limits

I am fine with the 7000 character limit

Anything more than that and the post quickly becomes unreadable

For example

Look at my link for my writing topics

https://community.dcuniverseinfinite.com/t/writing-topic-01-putting-down-the-words/89827?u

In.the beginning I provide links to all nine topics

My topic on dialogue is unreadable because of its length.

I won’t be writing any more of these Writing Topics because of nobody reading them

But the wall of text didnt help at all.

Per wikis

My only experience is with the DC History Club which had a wikii post.within a non wiki topic. I couldn’t add to it.

Also My histories could become much bigger if people could add to it making them more unreadable and they could provide inaccurate data too.

There are many ways to defeat the five posts in a row max.

I am not going to list them here.

I am very wiling to work with

5 post max and a time limit of even two hours before posting again.

I wake up eight time during the night with intense muscle spasms and then I write in the Community

I then fall aslerp because exhausted and the time limit will have passed.

Nobody reads my posts ever, especially in.the middle of the night

I just hate an incomplete topic.

The only material.I will add to my histories is new info gained from research for DC History. Club.

I want to add posts at the end

to indicate what changrd

So people don’t have to refer to the changed post Avoiding looking for a needle in.a haystack.

EDIT MORE OPTIONS

Look at my stats

These are all the things the system tracks

You could permit

Level 3 or more to have more consecutive posts
If we spam you drop us to. Level two

You could based it on.how long we have been.with DC Universe

You could based it on some activity level

Loke number of being liked
Number of posts
Number of tipics posted
Number of comswsecutive days visited

Any of these could be used

to.limit the number of memberd

Would could post more than five posts in a row

Could use badges

Could even add.Club as a criteria.

Only the DC History Club has thr job of doing.research, which might necessitate
More consecutive posts.

We could post the excess posts in. Special topic with.a link.to the original. topic
And a Mod could merge it to the original topic

MORE ON 7000 LIMIT

When.member gets error
Select All option
Copy
Add to word processor
Save
Find where 7000 limit is
Cut that
Create another document
Paste
Delete what was in.box
Add first 7000
Hit teply
Create another post
Post temainder

1 Like

Hi Applejack :woman_technologist:,
I’m not good at doing screen shot things on my tablet so I’m going to retry that glitch number thing so please bare with me on this!

1. DC Universe is the best Streaming Service ever!
  2. The worst streaming service is WWE Network.
  3. I almost ran into Jonathan Frakes by accident if his bodyguard hadn’t jump in front of me!
  4. No really it did happen back in Las Vegas 2006!
  5. Yes I skip five on purpose to prove my point.
  6. If the glitch doesn’t work, I’m deleting this post!
  7. Ok I think that’s enough, if it fail, then I’m joining with Harley Quinn!

Edit: See! It added the five between 4 and 6, and the 6 is now 7 and the 8 disappear! And my writing box is normal.

Edit take 2: :thinking:The more I thought about it, the more I realized it’s correcting my number post, the first time it happened I must’ve had 2. Close to a word and Kelex thought I skip 2 and it added 2! It was correcting me! I’m so sorry about that Applejack! @Kelex and I need to have a talk! :penguin::slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Aw man, I missed Office Hours tonight *hangs head* I got stuck at work. I work at the local Health and Human Services department two days a week and we had a flu shot night clinic tonight. I got the opportunity to help over a hundred at-risk individuals in our community who wouldn’t have been able to get immunizations otherwise though, so it was worth it.

I’ve just been reading back over all the posts from this evening, great stuff as usual! @Applejack thanks for approving my Riddler badge :purple_heart: I’ll go update the event here in just a few minutes!

I also had a couple of thoughts that struck me as I was reading through tonight’s posts. I saw some posts this evening where you discussed wikis.

I’ve been trying to play around with the wiki a little more, just experimenting to learn more about it, but aside from the fact that converting a post to a wiki allows it to be edited publicly, I don’t really know much about it. It seems like there are some interesting possibilities to be explored here though.

I don’t anticipate having the same needs as @TurokSonOfStone1950, but I would be interested in some more complete information regarding wiki posts. If you are going to be gathering up that information anyway, I’d love to have it sent my way as well please :smile:

Umm… I’m pretty sure there was something else, but I’m not gonna lie, I’m just about done with being functional for the day lol :rofl: Maybe I’ll think of it later. If so I’ll come back and add it.

UPDATE: I had said before that I didn’t think I would have exactly the same needs as @TurokSonOfStone1950, because I didn’t think I would run into the 7,000 character max issue at the time BUT I actually ran into that problem last night with my Week of Covers! Scavenger Hunt event. I was trying to add the last Bonus Question, and it kept rejecting the edit because of the character limit. I tried changing the post to a Wiki, but it still said I was over the character limit. Ultimately I got creative and did get that last bonus question squeezed in there, but I’m now even more interested in this subject.

This :arrow_up: right here was actually something that I was going to suggest in regards to the character limit debacle lol, but since @ralphsix already suggested it, I’ll second the motion!

I’ve been thinking about some other potential suggestions regarding editing capabilities, but I’m still stoically contemplating all of that, so I’ll save it for the suggestions thread later lol. Mostly, I just wanted to jump in and express my interest in a) looking for some character limit solutions, and/or b) learning some more about Wikis and what their full potential might be.

Again, thanks so much for addressing my badge question! This is my first community event, and…

4 Likes

Well, to paraphrase my favorite Kevin Smith movie, I’ll just say:

“Shall I call you Wayne Campbell, Weapon X?”

3 Likes

I figured it would be, but if you’re able, can you please pass the good word onto They Who Run The Shop? I know I’m not the only one who’d like to see more of that product range in ye 'ol DCU Shoppe.

Thanks for the 411 on the BOP merch. McFarlane aside, I don’t plan on buying any BOP swag, but it’s nice to know the merch is in our shop now, for those who do want it.

puts on his Window Shopping Hat, and goes to sneak a peek

3 Likes