Oddest/Worst/WTF In-Universe Shipping/Couples

Damiline
(Damian Wayne and Nika/Flatline)
I dislike them together very much

3 Likes

yeah, the Tara / Deathstroke relationship was a giant WTF for me as well, like going from anti hero / super villain to a flat out sexualish fiend who may or may not have had an intimate relationship with a teenager,

I have no clue what the writers were thinking on that one, or how it was a good idea.

seems like Selina Kyle should stop being catwoman, let some other woman take over that mantle , and let Selina officially join the Bat Fam in her own custom Bat Suit.

5 Likes

Bart and Carol Bucklen

For the first however many issues of the Impulse series, I absolutely adored this ship. But towards the end of the series, it just became an absolute mess. Carol became a cliché arrowverse wife, and Bart basically just got depression from her.

2 Likes

Stephanie Brown/burned waffles. It had to have happened somewhere.

6 Likes

She still ate them.

7 Likes

Obviously. They’re waffles.

4 Likes

In Steven Eagleheart Green Lanterns book it was more icky with John Stewart being more or less not okay with it.

Good on Stewart for being the one who called that stuff out

The best thing in that series was John Stewart and Katma. They were perfect together.

3 Likes

I’m still surpised that Katma hasn’t been resurected

2 Likes

Has anyone mentioned that time when Supergirl… and her horse man…?

8 Likes

Oh yeah that’s a weird one. Comet and Supergirl

shudders

Eugh

3 Likes

I believe I briefly discussed this before but I don’t really care for Kendra Hawkgirl with Martian Manhunter.

Worse than a terrible relationship is one that is boring and unremarkable with a few things to highlight. The whole point of this relationship was to get Kendra Hawkgirl to screw up her main responsibility in Stopping Petuela by having her go after Luthor who killed J’onn in the Scott Synder Justice League series. It’s the kind of relationship that for me is noticeably one-sided where Kendra seems interested while J’onn is indifferent to her romantically. The world without justice stories are examples of that.

Kendra dream of wanting to have choices in her life and that includes a relationship with Martian Manhunter

Martian Manhunter world has him in a entirely different relationship with someone else.

The whole relationship is like Barry Allen’s and Jessica Cruz a couple years back.

3 Likes

aghghhghhg

3 Likes

Hey to John Stewart fans out there I have a question? What the heck was the interest in John Stewart and Fatality?

Literally nothing about this relationship doesn’t work for me. It’s dumb and weird. This relationship that is toxic from the gecko and something that I’m surprised John Ridley brought back in Love is a battlefield.

Fatality is going to hate Jordan no matter what and she’s killed to many people to be redeemed. They shouldn’t be together.

2 Likes

Hawkman and Emma (The Savage Hawkman) comes to mind. Oddly this instance is part of what I say New 52 should have had more of- a clean slate with no prior reading required. They just did it so badly.

With so many people here saying Terra and Slade I should be able to include Johnny Sorrow and Stargirl.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Interesting. Did you just not see them clicking together?

3 Likes

I think the Black Label story “The Other History of the DC Universe” really nailed it on the head when it addressed the relationship between Deathstroke and Tara. I’m honestly astounded that they tried to turn Slade into this badass anti-hero a few times since then because when you do something like THAT…you can’t redeem yourself. At least, that’s my belief

4 Likes