Obscurity of DC Club -- Noonan's Bar

I’m not back to Section Eight yet but had to check back in and tell you how good Hitman is. I can see why it’s one of your favorites - so much fun and so good. The glimpses of Six Pack remind me why im there but I am loving the character, the writing, the artwork - all of it.

Thanks for starting this club, for picking Section Eight to start and for them having the editor’s note that started me down this rabbit hole.

3 Likes

Thank you for enjoying it!

2 Likes

This is gonna be the first real book discussion on here. We’re ranking the stories. Once you finish Tempest feel free to say here if you liked it more or less than you liked All-Star Section Eight.

2 Likes

If you’ve finished Tempest, how should it be ranked? Better or worse than All-Star Section Eight in your opinion?

3 Likes
  1. All-Star Section Eight
  2. Tempest
3 Likes

Here’s how we’ll do it.

What’s better in your opinion?
  • All-Star Section Eight
  • Tempest

0 voters

3 Likes

@FelixLeiter you should vote in the poll if you want your ranking to count

2 Likes

So I was cleaning today and putting some boxes of comics away when I came across the physical copies of ‘Convergence: Harley Quinn’ and sure enough, at the end of issue #2 there’s a prologue called Remember Section Eight where The Grapplah, Powertool and Guts find Dogwelder and tell him that Six Pack is getting the squad back together and they’re on their way to audition. It’s about six pages and was great to read and see more of those characters, how they got involved with All-Star Section Eight and a little explanation of what Guts and Powertool are. The ending was, as typical with Section Eight, disturbing! :laughing:

5 Likes

lmfao! that’s great!

2 Likes

@ObscurityofDCClub the poll will close tomorrow night

5 Likes

Alright! Our ranking is updated!

2 Likes
Where Should Chloe Sullivan be on the List?
  • Middle
  • Bottom

0 voters

4 Likes

@ObscurityofDCClub, if you want to have an input on the ranking, vote here!

4 Likes

I voted for middle.

Chloe’s well-known because of Smallville and her comic appearances, which puts her above the bottom, but she’s not necessarily Top of the Heap, either.

3 Likes

Alright everyone! On the topic of obscurity (considering that’s always our topic lol), I was wondering if you considered Kamandi to be an obscure character or not. I never heard of him until making this thread, but it seems several people on the community have.

Sooo, poll time!

Is Kamandi Obscure
  • Yes
  • No
  • Who? (this also counts as a yes)

0 voters

3 Likes

I have heard of Kamandi and regularly read his title way back when. I think he sort of fell into obscurity after the Eighties though.

3 Likes

I’m gonna leave this open until the end of the week

3 Likes

Ok no one else has voted so I’m just gonna close the poll now. kamandi is still on the list…

that was supposed to be a surprise…

3 Likes

Ooh I’m excited! For the first time in any Obscurity of DC thread…

BURIED!!!

3 Likes
Where should Slipstream be put in the rankings?
  • In between Section Eight and Chloe Sullivan
  • In between Chloe Sullivan and Tempest
  • Bottom

0 voters

2 Likes