Obscurity of DC Club -- Noonan's Bar

It’s been busy at work so I’m behind on some reading atm but I have to check this one out! I have a feeling most of your selections are going to reel me in! You’ve got the curiosity hook!

4 Likes

Thanks!

3 Likes

Am I actually reading it? I just got done reading ‘Convergence: Harley Quinn’ issues #1 and #2 because of the editor’s note in ‘Section Eight’ #1 because the completionist in me won’t let things like that slide!

Also, for a club based on Obscurity Dr. Pepper seems awful mainstream. I’m here representing the Dr. Pete drinkers of the world!

Issues read so far:
Section Eight #1
Convergence: Harley Quinn #1
Convergence: Harley Quinn #2

3 Likes

I forgot about that lol!

2 Likes

Section Eight Editors Note LIE

I’ll tell you this - it’s a complete lie. There was not one hint of Powertool, Guts or The Grapplah in those issues. There was, however, this panel that was a genuine laugh for me. You’ll have to read the issues for the context.

2 Likes

Which of these drinks, as seen on the cover of Section Eight #2, would you drink first?

• Kisses Huckleberry Hooch
  • Willie’s Yam Wine
  • Ruthie’s Rot Gut
  • Rachel’s Rutabaga Schnapps
  • Crapple Jack

0 voters

2 Likes

Not sponsored

2 Likes

Huh. You’re right. I’ve never seen an editor do that before

3 Likes

What have you done to me, @Jurisdiction? :wink: I’m falling further and further down the rabbit hole of these characters!

So I started with that Convergence: Harley Quinn red herring and then I looked up the original solicitation for this Section Eight run and that led me to Hitman which was written by Garth Ennis and drawn by John McCrea. Our guy Sidney Speck makes his first appearance in Hitman #9 and that’s where I’m at now. Apparently the rest of Section Eight will show up in short order and I’ll also figure out who this Hacken character is.

Hacken in Section Eight #1

Eventually I’ll get to finish Section Eight but for now I’ll be back with Sidney Speck in Hitman! (Damn this completionist trait!)

Reading Gif

5 Likes

ahh! wait! Hitman will be a monthly read-a-long towards the end of the year!

2 Likes

You’re too late, my friend! :slight_smile:

This is great stuff and the first appearance of Six Pack made me smile. I think I’ll enjoy Section Eight more knowing him and his history a bit more. I’ll be there for the Hitman read-a-long as well - this is fantastic so far. My kind of tale.

3 Likes

Tommy Monaghan is my favorite character ever

3 Likes

Very meta reference to Tommy Monaghan reading Sgt. Rock comics in there - I always like stuff like that.

The story ‘Local Hero’ is very good. Reminds me of ‘Gotham Central’ but more fun.

3 Likes

Local Hero is one of my favorites in the Hitman series.

3 Likes

Then your recommendations and picks will be accepted without hesitation.

3 Likes

Are you reading Hitman in order? Or just the ones with section eight?

3 Likes

Started at #9 where Six Pack makes his debut. Going to read through issue #20 (Local Hero, Zombie Night at the Gotham Aquarium and Ace of Killers) and then head back to finish Section Eight.

3 Likes

Alright!

3 Likes

You gotta work on the flair for the Obscurity of DC Club - this black box ain’t gonna cut it! :wink:

4 Likes

It’s actually not a black box, if you look closer. I like how it fades into the black. Obscurity and all. Here is the flair as a bigger version:

4 Likes