NYCC 2019: What's Coming for DC Universe

This again.

You wanna explain why Amazon Prime UK has it?

4 Likes

It premiered on Amazon UK just last month. @DeSade-acolyte is pointing out that it didn’t stream internationally like the Titans did at launch (Titans is on Netflix in other parts of the world).

2 Likes

And Doom Patrol was? @ralphsix

1 Like

I have no idea. Ask DeSade.

Yes. An all new production of The Stand for HBO Max, and a reboot of Dark Tower for Prime that AFAIK is going back to the Gunslinger backstory and W&G.

1 Like

Thanks for this info! I look forward to both.

Man
I’m gonna need to find more :moneybag:.

1 Like

City of Demons technically is produced by the CW. It was originally a web series that existed in small chunks that was later compiled into a full movie for home video. Since the CW produced it, like all the other shows there, that bars it from being show here.

2 Likes

That is a relatively new development. Glad to see WB making back some of its losses on that show. The fact that it’s based on Alan Moore’s run probably helped. The green can start putting some green to cover up it’s still very red balance sheet.

2 Likes

And Doom Patrol was not renewed for a second season until HBOMAX got the rights to pick up season 1 and stream season 2 in conjunction with its DCU release, worldwide.

2 Likes

no problem :slight_smile::+1:

Wizard & Glass is one of my favorite King novels (I’m a huge King fan). I’m glad they are starting the “reboot” with that book.

3 Likes

Do we get those here?(hbo max dc shows) And please tell me bizarro will host his tv? or him am not host because that am not make cents!

1 Like

I see lots of grump people here; but I imagine we will eventually get a lot of the DC stuff on Max, just delayed—and in some cases, simultaneously like DP season 2. The more WB believes in DC properties the better it will be for us die-hard DC Universe folks

7 Likes

HBO Max:

• Nearly all blockbuster DC films
  • Exclusive Green Lantern show
  • Exclusive Strange Adventures show
  • Also has Doom Patrol

DC Universe:

• Bizarro TV (sounds cool enough)
  • Harely Quinn
 wasn’t this supposed to be part of the first year’s content?
  • No other new show announced, just kind of asking subscribers if they have any ideas for a budget show
  • Titans Season 3
 no announcement
  • Stargirl
 rumors of going to CW and no real news to speak of
  • Swamp Thing
 canceled before it even started

Sorry, it really seems like AT&T plans on killing DCU after HBO Max launches. I just hope Titans gets renewed on HBO Max.

5 Likes

So wait, WB is viewing this as a fan engagement app? Where is the engagement if they aren’t answering any question? “We aren’t at liberty to discuss this right now” isn’t an answer. The app is called DC Universe not portions of the DC Universe. There’s still a lot of DC stuff missing. Then the tough questions aren’t answered “What’s the deal with the Snyder Cut of Justice League?” “The Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad?” Does WB actually care to “engage” fans? I know the moderators on here are only allowed to say so much. WB/DC skipped SDCC because they didn’t want to “engage” fans, NYCC presence was small this year too. They are going to Brazil though. Last I checked this app isn’t even available there. So WB will fly to Brazil to go to their comic con but can upload a video or a comment to address fans from their office, car or the park or something? Not a good look!!

10 Likes

I want to go to Brazil.

2 Likes

AT&T Executives talking to DC/Warner Executives (Circa 2019. Colorized)

3 Likes

DCU was at SDCC. A number of panels. There big installation was offsite, but within short walking distance of the convention center. the had a few DCU members only events as well.

DC Universe was never going to be all things DC under one roof. Some DC stuff, like Batman’66 WB/DC doesn’t even own. CWVERSE was never landing here, neither was Watchmen or Pennyworth. krypton was never announced to come here, but it did.

Stargirl is coming to DCU not being moved to CW. It has been confirmed and reconfirmed at this point.

Yes, like any business, you don’t let your entire Multi-year strategy out of the bag at one go.

“We aren’t at liberty to discuss this right now.” Is a valid answer and businesses use it all the time. It might not be an answer you like, but it is a valid answer. There are items still possibly still in negotiation, and/or constrained by NDA at any given time.

“ What’s the deal with the Snyder Cut of Justice League?” “The Ayer Cut of Suicide Squad?” that answer hasn’t changed. “There are no plans to release them at this time.” Again, an answer you may not like, but a valid answer nine the less.

So, the “look” hasn’t changed. It is still the same look it had before the HBOMAX announcement. Recall, it wasn’t until SDCC that DC announced Doom Patrol was getting a second season
the announcement cam just a couple of days after WB/HBO announced that DP S2 would streaming simultaneously with DCU.

Do you think if that deal hadn’t gotten made, Doom Patrol would have even gotten picked up for a second season? I’m glad HBOMAX is also getting Doom Patrol, because I’m glad Doom Patrol is getting a second season at all.

As for GL going to HBOMAX, that makes total sense. They have the subscriber base at 75 million (low estimate, the high estimate is 90 million) that can give them the ability to budget that show properly. DCU is still growing but it doesn’t have anywhere near that large a subscriber base.

Did you see all the events around community week? If that is not fan engagement, what is it? You wouldn’t call DC Daily part of fan engagement?

This issue isn’t that DCU isn’t engaging fans or answering questions. The issue seems to be you are ignoring many of the things it does do on the fan engagement front & they are giving answers, you just don’t like the answers they are giving.

please, go ask Apple what is going to be the specs of iPhone 12 or will there be an iPhone 11s? See what kind of answers you get to those questions.

10 Likes

I can reconfirm this reconfirmation.

4 Likes

What’s going on with HBO MAX? The announcement wasn’t clear. DC’s parent company, Warner Bros. seems to be prioritizing HBO MAX and even creating DC content for HBO not DC Universe, with that, what is the future viability of this app?