NO MORE DCEU CROSSOVERS?

I didnt read to much into this, but I read an article indicating that Warner Bros doesnt plan to make DCEU films a top priority… meaning they’ll continue to make DCU films, but not have them intertwine with eachother… So basically each DCU film, with just be a stand alone movie… not like Batman Vs Superman, or Justice Leauge, or Suicide Squad (With the Batman/ Flash cameo)… Theyll just be their own movie…

What are you thoughts on that?

3 Likes

Walter Hamada, the dude who turned The Conjuring into a cinematic universe, is still president at DC film production. Something tells me they’re going to figure out how to rebuild a universe of films.

But I am all for quality one-off films, too.

1 Like

I think it’s fine with me, they don’t have to be like Marvel, they can make a great film whether if it’s a team up or a stand alone movie. I think everybody wants to see other heroes on a big screen Beside Superman and Batman. I think that’s why Wonder Woman and Aquaman were both a huge hit. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

My priority is good movies. Stand alone, shared universe, doesn’t matter. Quality storytelling is the imperative.

5 Likes

That’d be a bad idea. Comic book fans have been waiting forever for a shared universe like this, it’d be a waste to just not commit to it. At minimum, it can be as simple as having cameos, like if Superman shows up in Shazam. Nothing impossible about maintaining a shared universe, if WB’s willing to do it.

4 Likes

There’s definitely going to be crossovers but its going to be 4-5 years till we get a major one.

1 Like

Either way is fine with me. Focus on quality films and stories then try a cross over again when everyone behind the scenes feels comfortable and ready.

I would love another JL or a trinity film as I love crossovers but the DCEU has broken up into too many negative pieces and instead of forcing it, it’s better to let directors and writers try their visions than be forced into the studios visions.

Keeping Momoa for Aquaman but having it be a loose standalone was a great decision and same with having The Batman pretty much being it’s own thing than continuing with Dark Knight Returns inspired Batman from BvS or the non like Batman from JL

2 Likes

I don’t think I mind either! I gotta say, I’m definitely excited for Wonder Woman 1984 and I’m still anxious (in a good way) to see these films (Blue Beetle, Plastic Man, Zatana, The Trench) manifest. I think itll be a good change. Not every has to remain the same and to me, that’s just fine :blush:

P.S… I thought I heard this, but maybe not lol… Did Gotham City Sirens plug get pulled?

1 Like

At this point, I’d just like to see a DC movie. Aquaman was great, but I’ll be old and retired before I get to see all I wish to see all of the films I wish to see at the rate DC is going.

I hope they have a solid strategy and stick with it.

1 Like

WB rushed into the connected universe game and learned their lesson. By trying to catch up to Disney/Marvel, they made some really bad business decisions. So taking a step back and really just focusing on making stand alone good movies is the much smarter way to go.

Hopefully after a couple hits they may start thinking about crossovers again.

I read the article and they never said they wouldn’t connect their movies ever again. They said they want to get their characters right and focus on stand alone movies right now. They said they especially want to get Batman and Superman right. The article stated that eventually they’ll make their way back to crossovers. Also they said even though they’re not crossing over right now, there will still be small connections between movies.

1 Like

Hence the question mark…dont fuckin rain my praise home boi

1 Like

Parade*

1 Like

Got a link to the article?

1 Like

Posting a general reminder about language usage in posts (ty in advance for abiding by such :)) - please make sure excessive profanity isn’t used, as such has to be removed, as per the Forum Guidelines: https://yourdcu.com/cmg

4 Likes

@Zothegreat I wasn’t trying to rain in your parade. I was answering your question.

2 Likes

Obviously story telling is most important. That said I see it as a massive step backwards. More solo films unconnected, sounds like giving every character the tired “superhero movie” formulaic treatment to me.
They should at least be doing team-ups and introducing other characters in ancillary roles.

1 Like

https://www.cbr.com/warner-bros-dc-films-strategy/

1 Like

This is the article that spawned this discussion. I’ve posted it, so everyone will have more insight into what was said. :grin:

1 Like

Read that article. Being a big Superman fan, I got excited when I read that they want to get Superman and Batman “right”. I just hope another Superman movie is not another 5-10 years in the making.

1 Like