New to the Community boards

Hi everyone! While I’ve been a subscriber to the DCU app since launch, I’m pretty new to posting in the Community section. Just thought I’ write a post to say hello and to introduce myself. I’m 43 and have been reading comics since I was around 5 or 6. Grew up on a steady diet of 70s, 80s, and 90s comics, mostly Marvel books with occasional DC stuff thrown in. While I also loved the Super Friends cartoon show and the Superman movies, I got really into following DC titles around 1988, when the world was being gripped by Batmania 2.0, leading up to the release of the first Burton Batman film- a movie that I still have a crazy nostalgic love for. Since then I’ve been a passionate DC Comics fan, and I love the films, shows, cartoons, toys, and statues, in addition to the actual comics. I’m an avid collector and a current reader of just about everything DC publishes every month. I had to take about 7 years off from the hobby in the mid-2000s due to adult life stuff but beyond that I have been a pretty regular reader and collector. Hoping that I can meet some awesome fellow fans on here and get more involved with the community!

9 Likes

Well hello @Krypto138, nice to meet you! I’m Applejack, one of the moderators here. Welcome to the forums :slight_smile: You are definitely amongst friends here. We have lots of threads every day that talk about what’s new, the history of DC, and everything in between.

This is an FAQ thread you can refer to if you have any questions about how the forums operate:

And these are some great threads to get your feet wet:

“Introduce Yourself!”

“What Are You Currently Reading?” https://yourdcu.com/read
'Show Off Your DC Shrine!"
https://yourdcu.com/shrine

If you ever have any questions don’t be afraid to ask! Lots of folks around here are happy to help.

2 Likes

Hello Krypto!

3 Likes

@Applejack- Thanks! I wasn’t aware that there was an “Introduce Yourself” thread, or I would’ve posted this thread there! Oops! :confused: Thanks for the help and warm welcome! The app is awesome and the community seems great! :+1:

2 Likes

Welcome Krypto!

3 Likes

Welcome Krypton!!!

4 Likes

@Krypto138, no problem at all :slight_smile: We’re still working on forum functionality that makes those things more apparent. Looking forward to seeing you around and geeking out on all things DC with you!

3 Likes

A warm welcome to the family, @Krypto138! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

You have now entered the board zone. Please do not feed Bat-mite.

If you step on the grass, please make sure it was not created by Grant Morrison. If so, it may be sentient.

Conversation abounds here.

4 Likes

Welcome Krypto, good to meet ya.🖒

3 Likes

Thank you, everyone, for the warm welcome!!,

2 Likes

Willkomenn, bienvenue, welcome, come on in

3 Likes

I’m so glad you decided to jump into the community! There’s tons of fun topics and activities here - welcome!

4 Likes

Welcome :grin::wave:

2 Likes

Hi, hello. Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Hey there, @Krypto138! Welcome to the party! :woman_cartwheeling:

2 Likes

Welcome aboard, good to see a fellow comic fan my age.

1 Like