New Shows & Animated Films Now Available in 4k!

Worth noting its not just supporting 4k but HDR as well. Dope.

2 Likes

The site needs to be available to download and use on consoles and all other devices also when are all the other DC MOVIES are going to be available outside of cheesy nostalgia stuff.
Movies needed : Man Of Steel, BvS UT ,Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Watchmen DC, Constantine, Suicide Squad EE and Superman 2 The Donner Cut and much more this site is suppose to be DC well let’s get all DC material on here and stop half doing stuff let’s go now.

2 Likes

Re-binged Titans last night on Xbox One X! Thank you DC for finally adding an app on Xbox plus 4K.

Xbox is still only 1080p according to DCU’s info page. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Can we stream 4K with dc app from our phones, or is it only through chrome cast, amazon fire, and Apple TV?

2 Likes

So I am having issues with the Android TV app. Only they 4k content has no audio on my TV. I changed my sound settings on my TV and on my surround system, cleared data from app and uninstalled and reinstalled, but still no sound. I have no sound problems with any other app or any other content that is not 4k on the DC app. Any ideas?

After posting, I went and checked, and WHOO HOO, 5.1, and pretty thumpy too. I’ll need to check with other devices once I get the new receiver in place, but I’m hoping for ATMOS.

SO, now we just need the navigation fixed for set-top apps so we can find things without having to resort to a kludge with phones or tablets, apps for PS4 and a few others, more consistent and deeper video content, and, more than anything, getting DC Universe out to the rest of the world so AT&T can hoover up money therefrom (although it’s likely going to be interesting when it comes to dealing with DC licensees worldwide, as well as localizing the comics.)

I guess Chromecasts built into TVs (e.g., VIZIO SmartCast) don’t support 4K. Not surprised since these weren’t supported at all at launch, but it’s a bit disappointing that I have two supported 4k streaming devices (Chromecast and Xbox One) and neither is supported for 4K streaming. Hopefully this will change soon?

2 Likes

@gwg I have a built-in Chromecast Vizio and it fully supports 4K playback from DCU via Roku.

Are you trying to cast DCU from the app to your TV or are you going about it some other way?

Thats great now i wish i could watch on fire tablet

For the Fire tablet, Google how to side load the Google Play Store. Then just install DCU. It works great.

@vroom, yeah, trying to cast and it’s still just 1080p…I have a fire stick but it’s only HD, no fire or Roku 4k. Would rather not have to buy a new device just for this one app. :frowning:

@gwg That’s understandable. Should you change your mind, Roku runs about $30 or so and is very much worth it.

I just watch on my phone… so I guess I don’t get 4K

Works great on xbox 1 x

1 Like

@DCGrayson Glad to hear it! Just took care of that duplicate comment for you.

I can’t even get Green Lantern animated series to stop buffering. It keeps going from 780p to a low res artifact video. I wonder if it’s too much demand on the site now from 4k?

I’m sorry about the issues you’re having, @trustymutsi. :confused: Have you had the chance to reach out to Customer Service? https://yourdcu.com/help

2 Likes

So, how does one see if it is in 4k on a PC? I see no metrics.

1 Like

hOw come Kyrpton is not in 4K

1 Like