New Shows & Animated Films Now Available in 4k!

I feel like DC always has news to share.

2 Likes

Woah! Thanks DC!!!

1 Like

I think I’ll give Assault on Arkham a watch in a bit. All 'dem villains ought to look purty in 4K.

2 Likes

Do these automatically play in 4k?

3 Likes

@dylandakota For me they autoplay in 4K. As a title starts playing, a notice comes up on my screen stating the video is in 2160p resolution.

I’m jonesin’ for more movies in 4K. Superman: The Movie came out in 4K last year, so that should be easy enough to port over here. The Dark Knight Trilogy, DCEU flicks and assorted animated movies (Throne of Atlantis, The Killing Joke) are 4K capable too.

I hope Batman will get a 4K release this year for its 30th anniversary. If it does, it could be a while before DCU would have it, so no sales toes for such a popular movie are stepped on, but the wait would be worth it.

5 Likes

Thanks! Can’t wait to start watching these in 4k.

good chance it will come here soon, Batman '89 releases June 4 on 4K blu-ray along with Batman Returns and Batman Forever

1 Like

@manifest Thank you very much for that release info heads-up.

I’m looking forward to buying Batman Forever in digital 4K next month!

1 Like

For the record I see the listed items playing in 4K with HDR on my Roku. Looks great! The Xbox One app is still playing in 1080p. I’m sure it will catch up.

I’m very excited about this feature, Doom Patrol looks amazing!

Only streaming in 1080p on my vizio p65c1

Awesome!

1 Like

That Doom Patrol puppet show looks even better in 4k!

That Doom Patrol puppet show looks even better in 4k!

2 Likes

Are you ever going to have an app compatibility with comcast?

DC universe on Xbox plus 4k is awesome.

2 Likes

The Teen Titan’s: Animated Show & hopefully adding Teen Titan’s: Trouble in Toyko: The Movie in 4K too. I wanna see that MOST of all for me! :smiley:

Wish they’d put the app on ps4

2 Likes

There’s no audio on the 4K titles on Roku app if you have hdr disabled. All the 1080p titles work fine. They need to fix that

Do I need 4k tv

1 Like

So, does this mean the audio has finally joined the 21st Century? Or are you still pumping out 1986-period hypercompressed pseudo-stereo?

Also, WHY WHY WHY is there still no navigation on the set-top apps?