New Ongoing Series Batgirls Has Been Announced!

I think the looser storytelling is something that they do in the backups when it is leading into a full series. This was something I thought about the Jason Todd story that lead into his new book as well.

I think the ongoing will be tighter, especially as the book grows.

3 Likes

That’s actually a really great point! I did NOT like the backups leading to Task Force Z, but I am actually finding the ongoing very compelling. I very much hope that the same is true for Batgirls - though I like the backups, I wouldn’t want an ongoing that was just sketches in this fashion.

4 Likes

Sometimes, discussion involves different views.
Even if they are fervent and snarky.

There’s a difference between fervant and snarky and taking a thread hostage by ranting on extendedly about something you hate. You are of course free to hate something - but why ruin the discussion for those who don’t?

You may respond as you please after this. I will not. I’ve made my request. If you wish to make a thread about how much you hate what Tynion’s written, I shan’t bother you in it.

1 Like

You asked why I was commenting, I answered. Was that one post lengthy? Yes, despite trying to trim it down, but it hardly amounts to taking anything over. No one is threatened or obligated to opine a specific way.

You want to keep posting in this thread, go for it. You want to ignore anything I post and end this specific dialogue between us, that’s fine, too. But an opinion different from yours is not a “hostage situation”.

Such a solid cover. It’s sitting in my NM long box, still sealed from the day I purchased it. :smiley: :+1:

3 Likes

There have been so many amazing covers released for the series! My favorites so far are probably Babs Tarr and Alex Garner!

What covers have you all really liked?

6 Likes

Those are good! I like so many I’m not sure which one to get yet.

2 Likes

second paragraph of the sysnoptsis of batgirls answered a question:Mentored by Oracle, the Batgirls move to the other side of town where Barbara Gordon can keep a better eye on them while the hacker Seer is still invading their lives. Steph may be too rash sometimes, and Cass doesn’t speak much—but what they lack in similarities, they make up for with their mutual respect and love for each other
and what makes them stronger together as Batgirls! And they may be good at kicking ass, but they are just trying their best to be normal teenagers—who’ll borrow the keys to a muscle car that belonged to a bad guy and perhaps give it a joyride around town without a driver’s license, then race to get back home to Oracle by curfew!

2 Likes

I would go for this one if I was not a digital comic via Kindle guy, as I get to read them properly at midnight.

Wait a minute Page two of the preview
how do they get the car down?

2 Likes

Oh, I hadn’t seen that Babs Tarr one yet. That one looks cool.

They all look cool. But still. :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Love these both, love the pink! It is cliché, but I do.

3 Likes

To me, it’s just pale-lighted purple. :wink:

2 Likes

Joshua Middleton variant - after his amazing run of variants for the Rebirth Batgirl run, I’m so glad he’s doing at least a retailer exclusive for Steph and Cass!

There are so many! I’m currently up to four
hoping to keep it there, but the Dan Mora cover is also tempting

6 Likes

This is amazing and beautiful! :purple_heart:

3 Likes

I know, right? I was all set to just get the two Inhyuk Lee covers and the Babs Tarr cover, but
I just have to have this one! Especially since I don’t think they’re going to collect all of the covers in the trade. :frowning:

3 Likes

Agreed with Mighty @Mae- fantastic! Gonna’ pull th trigger on this, along with this:

Already have the Tarr and Garner covers ordered. Thx so much for posting these @millernumber1. :smiley:

5 Likes

I love how Barbara’s cape swirls around behind them! Definitely the cover I want! (Also, so excited for the return of Dick’s arm stripes, lol.)

4 Likes

Agreed. :purple_heart:

IKR? :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes: Those are a must. :+1:

3 Likes

Is there a way to find all the covers that are available for issue 1?

1 Like