New Flash Movie Trailer: Official Reaction Thread!

New projections are 86-120 million.

3 Likes

Are those projections for opening weekend?

4 Likes

Yes, opening weekend domestically.

If anything else those would be insanely low.

3 Likes

Blame Cereal Lord for this.

2 Likes

There’s been a number of ‘projections’ including from sites I’m not familiar with, but I’m not employed in any industry adjacent fields any longer and that doesn’t mean they aren’t legit sites, I still read the industry trades and have a lot of friends still working, including one at WB, but we don’t personally really talk about box office unless it comes up very casually, as say election results or Oscar nominations might come up even if you don’t care about politics or movie awards and neither your acquaintances do as well, but some thing cracks public consciousness. The industry trades aren’t reporting on the box office yet, save for one of those anti-Ezra articles that mentioned it in passing; it was posted before the comments by the Muschietti’s that Miller would not be recast if WB green-lit a sequel so that one, sadly, got some mileage before it was nipped in the bud.

Firefox_Screenshot_2023-06-03

This is a reputable site:
https://www.msn.com/en-us/movies/news/the-flash-clocks-75-million-plus-box-office-launch-in-early-projections/ar-AA1bH4pL

Many of the regular screens near me are not sold out for the Thursday or Friday evening show as of this moment, but most of the IMAX and other PF are. I’m glad I was able to get a ticket to the Monday IMAX Fan Event (where I expect the energy to make up for the cost and hassle, as it will involve a schlep for me to get back home from this theater) because the DBox screen that’s right near me is almost sold out. But this is LA and we really need to hear how it’s playing in the mid-west and southern states as far as anecdotal bits might really provide value as far as information goes. I certainly think it will be more successful than BA and certainly, sadly for the film which had problems but wasn’t that bad, Fury of the Gods. I’d like to see DC score a solid hit so I hope it exceeds The Batman and I think it will globally primarily due to the pandemic release of that movie, but I think people will parse it and are certainly ready to savage it if it doesn’t match or hit The Batman’s box office from North America.

2 Likes

Many have been reporting on it for a while.

The presales have been very bad, but they did just get a boost.

If it does worse than that this is a worse box office than Cutthroat Island.

2 Likes

Reviews come out today. Based on the timing they expect good but not amazing reviews, better than Shazam 2, but weaker than fan reaction.

2 Likes

69 so far.

2 Likes

72 now.

2 Likes

At 73. It should stay in that general area. Metacritic is at 60 for a very average score.

2 Likes

All I care about is Sasha Calle and that she’s the official Supergirl for DC.

3 Likes

I mean, the sequel that’s written includes re-using both her and Batkeaton. So it presumably continues the story from the movie to a bit. I kind of doubt that she will be the one Gunn wants to use for whatever he actually has in mind for Superwoman of Tomorrow, but unless the movie bombs, which indications so far are that it won’t, or unless she’s received really badly, and again, so far that looks unlikely, I could see her being A official Supergirl for the next few years.

2 Likes

The current indications say it will bomb.

3 Likes

Thought this was pretty cute:

3 Likes

https://www.instagram.com/p/CtHzcOzNlth/

3 Likes

Somebody made the trailer 9999999999999 times better.

4 Likes

I will say I was hoping to see Zod holding and petting a cat Dr. Evil style, lol. ‘We’ve been waiting for you :petting cat:’ TELL ME YOU WOULDN’T PAY TO SEE THAT?!?!

4 Likes

There’s a reason why cats were worshipped by ancient Egyptians.

3 Likes

I would’ve liked a scene like that in the final episode

3 Likes

Well, I’m off to see the Imax Fan showing in a bit, I’ll do a non-spoiler review later tonight or tomorrow!

2 Likes