New Flash Movie Trailer: Official Reaction Thread!

Nah, just put a wig on Mamoa.

4 Likes

Or they could die his hair blonde

5 Likes

Oh I mean dye

4 Likes

I would have included any Green Lantern from the original 4 horsemen, I wouldn’t do an origin story i’d leave the origins up to people to learn about in comics. An instead of creating a brand new story, I would pull directly from a DC story, dunno which. I’d make sure everyone had an on screen suit to wear, I would make sure there is a Hall of Justice, have plenty of Easter Eggs in there…

Oh and not only a Green Lantern in it, but Martian Manhunter as well.
what would you do/?

4 Likes

Looks freaking amazing :heart_eyes_cat:

7 Likes

not sure where to start…but I’d like to be surprised for a change and not give away a good chunk of the movie…there’s like 3 trailers now before the movie releases!

3 Likes

It is weird I more psyched for Michael Shannon’s return as General Zod? Granted, I grew up on and with Michael Keaton’s Batman. Keaton is awesome and nothing against those who are hyped af to see him.

3 Likes

I have no interst in Ahannon’s return. Now if Calum Blue did him I would be interested.

2 Likes

Same!

I mean, I love both, but Callum Blue is just… :man_cook::kiss:

2 Likes

Shannon was inconsistent. Blue was great the whole time. Season 9 was the peak of Smallville.

2 Likes

Now, I wanted a Flash movie for the longest time. But! While I like the character of Barry Allen, I’ve come to find I really don’t need yet another version of Flashpoint!
Really, I’d like the movie to go in an entirely different direction. (especially after 9 years of a TV show that was based (conceptually) on the post Flash Rebirth/Flashpoint interpretation)

That being said. The only reason I’m really going to see this movie is because of Michael Keaton’s Batman! The irony to that is that I was the most vocally opposed to John Wesley Shipp being cast as Jay Garrick on the Flash! (My reason being, I felt that Shipp cast as an older Flash would overshadow Grant Gustin’s presence on the show)
The same is really true of this film.
I wasn’t the biggest fan of Ezra Miller’s Barry Allen when I saw Justice League in the theaters. Then Michael Keaton was announced to be in the film. And Ben Affleck….and Sasha Calle as Supergirl… and Michael Shannon as Zod…and Gal- oh she’s out now? Ok. The point is, Ezra Miller’s Flash is falling further into the background. In their own movie! It doesn’t help that they had/caused some other problems on their own.

2 Likes

Flashpoint is pretty over-done at this point. It’s like it’s the only story DC knows of.

3 Likes

Just came back from a Guardians of the Galaxy screening and they played this trailer (a tiny bit remixed). So intense and epic seeing it on the big screen :boom: :face_with_spiral_eyes: :boom: Can’t wait!

2 Likes

Just like the movies only heard about the Joker, it’s ridiculous.

2 Likes

I’m in for Michael Keaton Batman. I gotta say I love Grant Gustins flash

2 Likes

I was thinking, we see Supergirl in the trailer kinda skin and bones, you can see her spine. It appears (at least to me) they are breaking her out of some compound? See the building, the security, she is still in her rags. It’s like she’s getting sorta the treatment of Superman in Flashpoint. Just a thought.

3 Likes

This just in. Projections give it an opening weekend of 115-140 million.

4 Likes

oooh, one of the best DCEU openings in a long time
Hopefully it’s as good as they say and has longevity :thumbs_up_batman:

Batman v Superman: $166 million
Wonder Woman: $103.1 Million
Justice League: $93.4 million
Aquaman: $67.4 million

i’m too lazy to look up inflation or the deep-covid and HBO simul-release films :melting_face:

3 Likes

Flash is supposed to have a 220 million budget. That means it should be targeting at least that amount. If it only opens at 115 it should still get that. If it gets Wonder Woman level multipliers then it should make at least 400 million worldwide and be able to double its budget domestically. If it only gets Man of Steel numbers it could still get around 300 million.

3 Likes

I’m up to five I think, because I saw it twice, saw it on both Regal and Cinemark’s app because they measure that, and after I saw it in front of the theatrical release of Superman The Movie, I wanted to re-watch it again because someone was arguing that the scene of the Supergirl actress floating up in the air holding a male body, apparently taking them up to the sun was the Henry Cavill cameo that was supposedly cut, but someone else who displayed hi-res screen caps from a Far East (I believe Korean?) web site showed it was one of the Barry’s in her arms.

I’m fully on board with this, albeit I will still watch the movie. But not due to Keaton.

Not specific to the trailer but since I didn’t want to make a The Flash Movie General thread, I was walking home from a library and saw these in Westwood, which is in West LA, which is home to a lot of movie industry people, and the studios obviously invest money in selling to their own captive audience, so to speak.

I’m sure if I was driving, I’d also see plenty of billboards. I remember the summer Superman Returns was going to play, for about 3-4 months, when I was commuting on the daily from Century City to West Hollywood, I saw those S-Shield billboards with the RETURNS word over them and the date on the bottom in so many places.

3 Likes