New Flash Movie Trailer: Official Reaction Thread!

It was the main Barry Allen after Batman and Barry tried to get his powers back. That’s when Supergirl carries him up to the sky

2 Likes

Yep, that’s what the website said, and I assumed it was something like that since they show that scene that is a fairly direct lift from the Johns mini-series. But I see how the Supergirl character flying any male character up, and doing so essentially towards sunlight creates that potential false Henry/Superman narrative and now, I wonder, if that was intentional. Or she perhaps is lifting that Barry closer to a lightening bolt?. And all that said, since the trailer clearly shows that Barry arrives in that world with powers, versus what we have in Cereal Lords crappy fan fiction, that entire aspect adapted from Flashpoint is almost as stupid and pointless as adapting FP for the third time in the past six-seven years, which only really serves to pay for more of Johns’ new roof.

2 Likes

Well even without looking at the website, you can actually place all the pieces shown in the trailers in order. In one of the 30 second teasers, there a quick shot of a batarang attached to a rope in the sky that gets struck by lightning. After that, it’s gonna be Barry getting electrocuted in the chair, obviously he passes out. Then finally Supergirl carries him up.

I do believe that it originally could’ve been Henry Cavill in her arms because I think we were supposed to see that alternate Superman die in this movie, like actually see his death in action. But since his scenes got cut, now all we’re getting in the movie is an explanation of how Henry’s Supe’s dies

3 Likes

The site was in Korean so no clue, but the screen caps were hi-res. I’m not one of these people that obsesses about easter eggs and relentlessly will re-watch trailers. The last trailer that really made me FEEL anything was the original Man of Steel trailer, with kid Clark running around with a cape, which makes absolutely no sense once you watch the finished movie. And which also turned out to be a dang lie.

Prior to 1930, if someone on the site can find and post any imagery of kids (and I don’t mean pretending to be medieval knights or some such) playing with capes and I’ll personally come over and do your chores/dishes/cleaning or whatever unpleasant household tasks people have to endure for an entire month.

I liked elements of this trailer and think it looked good for modern trailers, and it was far superior to what they did for Dwayne’s Ego, both live action or animated, and it was better than the Quantumania and Dr. Strange trailers, and those are the only ones that I can remember off the top of my head. Modern trailers just seem so disposable, compared to the trailers of my youth, many of which still stand out today.

3 Likes

I believe this is fan art?

5 Likes

Nope. The CW is using it on their app when you go to watch the Flash.

4 Likes

I’ve been using the app to “watch” Superman & Lois to help with the renewal, but haven’t bothered with The Flash since I am at least two or three seasons behind. I actually haven’t watched anything on the DCW since I watched Powerless on the CW Seed about six months ago, as I had never watched that when it was originally broadcast.

But thanks. I wasn’t sure if it was unofficial fan art or not, so good to know it’s real promotion. I wanted to toss in a reddit randos face who was bi&^%hing on and on about the running style from Justice League/ZSJL, and blaming it on Ezra not being a ‘real man.’

2 Likes

I was going to post a screen grab from Atom, where you can buy these tickets last night but the promotional poster was also released this AM apparently.

4 Likes

How much do the tickets cost?

2 Likes

They are regular prices in Los Angeles for IMAX, so $25 and only two AMCs are listed so far, but I’m sure Regal and Cinemark will be available. Someone on reddit said they were able to buy 3 regular IMAX tickets for their Regal for the Thursday June 15th night/midnight showings.

3 Likes

Oooh, a third trailer! This one looks super fun! Can’t wait to find out how everything ties together!

6 Likes

I’m only seeing it for Supergirl, the first ever Hispanic Supergirl, but other than that my excitement is essentially nonexistent because of obvious reasons.

3 Likes

I only know two things:

1. Reverse Flash BETTER appear because I am already mad about the Dark Flash thing.
  2. Grant Gustin better cash in that cameo
2 Likes

It’s a more fun, brighter, lighter trailer. It will probably work well to chop up into short bits for TV commercials and YT.

He already said he wasn’t in it. Is he pulling an Andrew Garfield, who knows, however if he has a cameo it will likely be shorter than even some of the cameos we got in Crisis.

Ticket sales in LA seem to be decent. I was trying to decide if I want to see a D-Box screening close to me, or go back to Downtown LA to use my free 4-DX pass or watch an IMAX screening in Hollywood, and one of these (D-Box, but not the D-Box seats which are more expensive) was already close to a sell out for a Thursday evening preview. I can’t tell how ticket sales are going for the fan event.

EDIT: Well, dang apparently the IMAX closest to me is sold out for the fan event.

3 Likes

Oh, I hope he’s pulling a “No Way Home” because lord knows we’ll need his charm as Barry Allen in this movie.

2 Likes

No more Reverse Flash! He’s been overused way too much.

5 Likes

I agree.

3 Likes

The CW honestly didn’t know what they were doing with him after Season 1.

I mean, they made TOM CAVAMAGH bad! He’s an actor so talented he made the horrid live-action Yogi Bear movie better!

Meanwhile, James Gunn and Peter Stefan both understand the characters pretty well, which is why a lot of James Gunn’s character-driven films are amazing. Neither of them would allow the use of Reverse Flash if they thought he wouldn’t work in the film.

Being honest though, Thawne would work provided they get the right actor, which I’ll discuss in a moment. Now, the film is based on the Flashpoint comics, which Thawne was a huge part of. However, in the comics, Thawne was kept hidden with subtle build-up throughout until the last issue, where he comes back and steals the show. The best way to work Thawne into the film would be to have Dark Flash just be a trick and reveal it to be Thawne in the last 30 minutes.

As for the actor, despite Flash seasons 2 to 9, Tom Cavanagh would be perfect. After all, he played Thawne perfectly in season 1 plus a few episodes in season 4. Matt Letscher would also be a good choice. Personally, I would love to see two new actors take the roll for a new version: Dominique McElligott (Queen Maeve from the Boys) or, and I am not joking here, Nicholas Cage.

I’ll explain!

Nick Cage has had lord knows how many roles the call for being both subtle and over the top, which is the comic version of Thawne to a T. Hell, Cage doesn’t even need to speak to give a fantastic performance. As for Dominique McElligott, she knows how to play a character you should hate and elevate the role so you can’t help but love and hate them at the same time.

And yes, I know Dominique McElligott is a woman and the Reverse Flash is a male character, but I don’t care, she’s a great actress and could make it work.

Sum up here: Thawne is a complex and well-developed villain that should appear in the film only if they can create an accurate portrayal.

3 Likes

Him and Justin Timberlake.

Actually not important with how new he is to DC studios.

What evidence is there for that?

They were constantly talking about him, mainly because he left his suit in Barry’s ring.

3 Likes

He was in that?

For example, the Guardians of the Galaxy are some of the most accurate characters in the MCU. Another example, every character in the Suicide Squad was played (and written) to perfection, with all of them perfectly representing their comic counterparts.

True, but you don’t see him. As a writer myself, I can say that’s called character build-up.

2 Likes