Name the Character(s) Best Fit: Season 4

OPERATION: LOOPHOLE ABUSE
I once again draw upon the ultimate cop-out: characters who technically don’t have superpowers (but basically do) deployed against scenarios clearly meant for Bat-Family types (and one Bat-Family type).

To that end, my team will consist of THE ATOM, GREEN LANTERN (any will do, but let’s call it Guy Gardner), and ORACLE.

Oracle’s job is to locate Luthor and then call him on the phone. I’m assuming he’s hidden away somewhere, so Oracle’s skills will probably be necessary to track him down.

Obviously, this is the Atom’s cue to jump through the phone lines, knock Luthor out, and get to work on whatever equipment he used to shut down all the Metas.

Meanwhile, Green Lantern will distract security with a frontal assault. This is why I wanted Guy; he’s very good at drawing attention to himself. And he technically does have powers, but they’re just nonfunctional and his ring is not a power. Anyway, Snart’s cold gun probably won’t be able to do much against a GL’s force field directly and icing up the ground to make him slip isn’t much good against someone who can fly. The constructs will also be useful for pummeling the Parasite from a safe distance.

2 Likes

I was trying to work in a passive-aggressive way to insult Damian in my scenario but it wasn’t working out. But do note how Damian makes Guy Gardner look pleasant and likable.

3 Likes

I enjoy talking with you too!!! :smile:

1 Like

Okay, bud. Since you abused the loop-holes, you get to move to round 2.
-Oh my gosh! Luthor has been knocked out! But what’s this? The LexCorp security system has been tripped!! LexBots are coming from the walls, and I can see two mechs comig down the hallway! Worse, while I totally got you focused on the Bots, Parasite has regrouped, and is feeding off of Guy’s ring. Whatever shall we do??
Tick Tock, Namer. Today is Wednesday, and you have… oh, until 9 tomorrow too complete round 2. Either A, you will ace this and win, or B, you wil learn to not abuse loopholes. (seriously, what did they ever do to you?) :smile::wink:

OPERATION: ACE THIS AND WIN
The LexBots are a blessing in disguise here. They can’t hurt something too small to see. The Atom is going to hitch a ride in one’s head, rewiring it to give Oracle access to whatever computer system Luthor is using to control security in the facility. Lex is no dummy, of course. He knows he can’t trust Parasite, and will naturally have a way to shut him down with the metahuman “cure.” And what do you know, Guy’s now clear to knock some more LexBot heads together and clear a path to whatever system caused the worldwide depowering.

1 Like

Well, you dagnabbin’ bastich. You did it. And as promised, I declare you today’s Name Champ.
I am so sorry, @capo-mage I really was going to pick you, but I was trying to disabuse BatJamags of abusing loopholes. So, you lost the game, but you win both my respect and a nepotistic edge tomorrow.
Seriously, though, BatJ. Stop this abuse. Loophole Lives Matter.

2 Likes

Loopholes know what they did.

4 Likes

:joy: a very fair ruling, I accept gracefully.

2 Likes

i am sorry. I’ve snubbed you thrice now. Seriously, you got some BrowniePoints in my heart, they just take awhile to be cashed in.
Postscript: Brownie Points are a joke I have with some of my friends. If you want, I can tell you the story behind it.

2 Likes

I’ll take it & always enjoy a good story.

2 Likes

Okay, @capo-mage, here is your chance:
Operation !@#$ Life
-Welp, we are screwed. Like, really screwed. Slade Wilson has been diagnosed with brain cancer, meaning his body is forgetting how to repair itself. His healing-factor is getting slower by the day. He has decided that if he is going, he’s taking as many of us with him as possible. Not only is he there, but also Grant, Rose, and Jericho Wilson, there to support and help Deathstroke in his destruction. Each of them also has Mirakuru, meaning, yeah, a whole DS family, tearing up San Fransisco. Please send us three heroes to stop him before this gets out of hand. And no filter, just don’t take the easy way out. Seriously, creativity wins over efficiency. (Looking at you, @JeepersItsTheJamags)

1 Like

Question: Wade Wilson is Deadpool, a Marvel character. Did you mean him or Grant? Not sure if it’ll affect my solution yet but I might as well ask.

Also, I am creative. I like to think outside the box to solve the problem. I do cooperate more when the box is less explicit. For example, I’ll say right now that I’m probably going to avoid using any Superman-tier powerhouses on this scenario because it’s excessive for the problem even though there’s no reason I couldn’t.

1 Like

Did i really just say Wade? I feel dumb, I meant Grant Wilson. I was trying to appear attentive in class while typing.
Also, I’m not saying you aren’t creative but…

You flat out said you were abusing a loophole. I mean, come on man.

1 Like

By definition, a loophole is something that’s allowed as written. Cheap, maybe, but allowed. I stand by my solution because it was a valid and effective one under the constraints we were given. Though for the record, I also pulled this one on kingofspeedsters once and he just didn’t pick my solution, which is your prerogative as the judge of these things.

OPERATION: INDEMNIFY AND HOLD ARMLESS
Alright, here’s my concern here: Joey and Rose, being generally on the side of the angels, are probably not in their right minds (nor Grant, for that matter), so we don’t want to hurt them too badly.

I think we only need one hero to meet them head-on: BOOSTER GOLD. Booster’s primary ability is generating force fields. He can shield himself and use his superior maneuverability to corral the Deathstroke family into one spot. His goggles can be treated to block Jericho’s takeover ability like the Wildebeest’s mask.

Next, we’ll send in MISTER MIRACLE. Barda would be useful, but she’s kind of overkill for just dealing with Deathstroke. In any case, Scott’s going to use a Boom Tube to dump all five of them (him and the four Wilsons) into a pre-built trap which will fill with knockout gas. Mister Miracle can probably rig up an escape hatch for himself while the others wind up unconscious.

Next, it doesn’t really matter who it is (any of my three could potentially do it), but someone needs to gather up a few tools and break each of Slade’s arms. Not easy, but with good leverage and him unconscious, certainly not impossible. They’ll take longer to set because of his expiring healing factor, which will keep him inactive. It’s mean, but it’ll do the job.

Anyway, our third guy for this operation is DOCTOR MID-NITE. We’ll need him to detox everyone from the Mirakuru.

2 Likes

Well, I like your ideas. Good solving of the problem. I will say, though, that while king’s approach might have been just ignoring, mine is more involved. I like doing these because they are fun. The only reason I do not like these loophole tactics is that I feel like they make it harder to be creative. There are countless heroes that could get through so many situations. I mean, even Supes could’ve gotten through the Luthor situation. But it is harder to find characters that could accomplish the task, and still follow the spirit of it.

1 Like

Operation: Abra Kadabra

Oracle gets in touch with Zatanna to deal with The Strokes as magic is something that Deathstroke has no defense against. Oracle asks if Zatanna needs her to get in touch with anyone to offer help. Z tells her that she has a couple people already in mind for the job.

“Namdaed dna Gniht Pmaws em gnirB” (this is hard to type let alone say)
“Come friends we go to stop a deadman’s family”

Z, Swamp Thing, and Deadman catch up to The Strokes outside the abandoned Titans Tower looking for intel on potential victims. Knowing that Slade’s mind is too powerful to possess, he jumps into Jericho to give him a taste of his own medicine. Rose and Grant surround Zatanna, not knowing the power at her command.

“Peels” and both Ravagers fall to the ground.

Quickly finding himself alone Slade goes off on Swamp Thing, unfortunately his bullets and slashes can’t kill a plant, finds himself entangled and pinned to the ground by roots and branches. Deadman finds a convenient brick wall and introduces Jericho’s head to it. High fives are exchanged and Z lets Oracle know where Termifamily can be found.

2 Likes

Gnizama! Melborp siht ot noitulos ruoy fo duorp ma I. Thgir era uoy. kcigam rof eraperp dluohs yeht.

1 Like

First I send in Kid Devil. For no other reason then Rose has a severe soft spot for him & vice versa. I can’t let my precious Rose be harmed. For Jericho I send Adeline Cane. Mother knows best & she’s always had a way with him. She can calm him & she’s a total bad*** who trained Deathstroke himself. So she can cover multiple angles. For Grant I send Midnighter. Why u ask? Because f#@$ Grant & Superman doesn’t have it in him to pummel somebody the way I need Grant smushed. Midnighter goes to work, calls in Apollo, Grants a puddle on his way to the sun. Sorry if it got violent at the end but who’s gonna miss Grant?

1 Like

First, @capo-mage, I love your non-violent approach (except for Grant:joy:)
@Wildstorm-Jeff, your unconventional take on this issue.I would never have thought to use magick against the Wilsons.
@JeepersItsTheJamags, I think they gotcha beat.

1 Like

Hmmm. Non-violence never got me anywhere with @kingofspeedsters!

2 Likes