Name the Character(s) Best Fit SEASON 2

I don’t have the time to fully explain right now, but my characters are going to be Geoforce and Cyborg. I’ll have a full response later this evening

1 Like

I want to remind you guys that on Fridays the winner is announced to earlier than usual. @YoYoFroYo I remember from last season how you always just missed the winner announcement.

1 Like

OPERATION: A SITUATION OF THE UTMOST GRAVITY

I’m changing my characters. I’m still using Geoforce, but i’m going to use Captain Atom instead of Cyborg.

So interestingly enough, the earth’s poles actually have flipped I think almost 200 times in the entire history of the Earth. The Earth’s magnetic polarity is determined by the currents in the core of the Earth. My guess is that if the Earth’s orbit has been affected, then something in the earth’s core has been totally thrown into chaos since polarity swaps are relatively common in terms of the overall history of the earth. For this, I will call in Geoforce to stabilize the currents of the earth’s core, and thus stabilize the earth’s orbit in the solar system.

Another problem that the Earth could potentially run into with the polarity swap is a lack of protection from all kinds of dangerous solar radiation. The job of the magnetic fields is to deflect radiation from the earth, so if they are destabilized, you can bet that there will be a heavy influx of the stuff. So, we need a hero that can absorb the radiation coming in. There are two options here that I see: either Superman or Captain Atom. I think Captain Atom would work better for a couple of reasons. 1st, he could absorb all forms of energy so if there was some weird space radiation that was coming at earth that was not solar energy, he would be equipped to absorb it. 2nd, I generally think that Captain Atom has a higher capacity for energy absorption than Superman, but that might just be my perception. No doubt, both would have to fight very hard to stay stable while absorbing all of the incoming radiation to earth. Finally, I think Superman is probably more versatile in helping damage control on Earth (I’m kind of assuming that everyone not directly participating in the mission is on damage control).

2 Likes

Today’s winner is…@JeepersItsTheJamags!!!

@YoYoFroYo would have won, but you didn’t explain how they would take down the villains at hand. But that was an amazing solution for the problem.

Since we have a 3 way tie…I want to try something new (if this works, than we can use it for future ties). You guys are going to create a scenario together. Split it up into three parts. Kind of like one of those continuing the story threads. Have fun!!!

3 Likes

@kingofspeedsters

Sounds fun, I’ll start a group message with @JeepersItsTheJamags and @TornadoSoup and we’ll see what we can come up with!

2 Likes

GUEST PROMPT: CRISIS ON INFINITE SCENARIOS (Courtesy of @BatJamags, @TornadoSoup, and @YoYoFroYo)
Attention, all available heroes. This is Batman speaking. The situation is grave. The following was recorded several months ago:

Oracle here. For the better part of a year, we’ve been confronted by hundreds of… strange situations. Now I think I’ve determined the cause.

The villains we’ve faced have almost all been organized by a single mastermind. A speedster, but faster than any of the Flashes. Almost a sort of King of Speedsters. The operatives Black Canary’s interrogated for me say he calls himself Hyperspeed, and if my information is correct, he’s behind everything.

I think he knows I’m onto him. If you don’t hear anything else from me, assume he is still an active threat.

That was the last we’d heard from Oracle or Hyperspeed for months. Then, four days ago, Hyperspeed’s plans started again. The last one nearly wiped out the entire solar system. While all of you have been dealing with him, the Flash and I have been tracking Hyperspeed through the multiverse.

We found him, and the situation is bad.

He has established two headquarters. The first is located on Earth-51, a savage world that succumbed to a great disaster. We believe Hyperspeed is there personally, and holding Oracle alive for reasons unknown. This base is guarded by the Injustice League that assaulted the Watchtower earlier this year. That means Lex Luthor, Deathstroke, Circe, the Reverse Flash, Hector Hammond, Black Manta, and Felix Faust. The Flash is going to lead the assault on this base. He can transport four operatives and himself across the dimensional barrier before Hyperspeed notices the Speed Force disturbances created by the activity. The objective is to capture Hyperspeed and more importantly to make sure he won’t be alerted to the second assault and shift universes to prevent it.

The second base is located in the Antimatter Universe. Hyperspeed’s chief lieutentant Bane is performing an experiment there, attempting to distill the Anti-Monitor’s power into chemical form, an Antimatter Venom. We believe he’s been testing Antimatter Venom on Doomsday. Bane’s base is located on Qward and guarded by the Crime Syndicate, namely Ultraman, Owlman, Superwoman, Johnny Quick, and Power Ring. Hal Jordan knows the territory better than anyone else on our side, so he’ll be leading the assault. We’ve negotiated with Sinestro and he’s willing to transport five operatives including Jordan to Qward in order to remove Bane and the Syndicate from his Corps’ base. Sinestro will not be participating personally.

We’ll need rosters and plans of attack for each team. Good luck.

[So, for clarity’s sake: That’s Barry Allen and four others of your choice against Hyperspeed and the Injustice League on Kamandi’s Earth, and Hal Jordan and four others of your choice against Bane, Antimatter-Envenomed Doomsday, and the Crime Syndicate on Qward. And a battle plan for each team.]

[As a sidenote to @kingofspeedsters: Sorry I made Hyperspeed evil, but you are the mastermind behind all the scenarios, and the three of us agreed that the scenario should be something suitably bombastic to ring in the new season. Of course, we don’t know Hyperspeed’s long-term plan, so maybe he’s not as evil as we think…]

3 Likes

Batman, this is The Question, reporting in. I’ve had some time to think about this crisis, and I have a plan for your consideration.

First, let’s consider Earth-51.

Hyperspeed made one big mistake when choosing his guard for the first base: and that’s Reverse Flash. Eobard Thawne won’t stand for there being a more dominant speedster around, and I believe he can be turned against the mastermind. Double down on speedsters here, and Thawne will see where the power is leaning and defect, joining the strike team to remove his rival. So along with Barry, I would dispatch Wally West.

Three speedsters working together, particularly with one on the inside, are nearly unstoppable — nearly. The major problems are Faust, Circe and Hector Hammond, whose powerful abilities can affect even the most potent speedsters.

For Faust and Circe: dispatch Black Alice. She’ll be able to channel their magic, blocking them from using it while using it against the Legion of Doom. Nothing’s stopping us from turning Black Manta into a literal manta.

Hector Hammond is trickier. He’s often underestimated, and is far too powerful to confront directly, even for the most potent telepath. Which is why we need to engineer another change of heart. We’re bringing in Munk of the Indigo Tribe- who can hold his own in a fight as well- to convert him… at least temporarily.

Finally, my intel on Earth-51 shows that a powerful weapon still exists in that universe, one which has only become stronger with time: Brother Eye. By sending in our own OMAC, Kevin Kho, we can take full advantage of the orbital arsenal against the team of villains.

Now, Qward. We need rings out on this one. Speedsters are a problem, but I believe Hal himself can handle Johnny Quick. He’s had enough experience with Barry.

Jessica Cruz has already mastered the Power Ring of Volthoom. Bring her, and Power Ring is immediately a non-issue.

We’re going to need our Lanterns operating at full capacity, and the best way to supercharge them is by bringing along a Blue Lantern. Brother Warth will do the job, as he can be more willing to scrap than Saint Walker.

The trinity of Owlman, Ultraman, and Superwoman are embroiled in a precarious love triangle. Bring along a Star Sapphire to take advantage of that, and they’ll start taking each other out. Because Hal’s our point man, Carol Ferris would be most effective.

Finally, as for the Anti-Envenomed Doomsday… the only way to treat Anti-Life is with Life. For this, the best thing would be the White Lantern ring… which has most recently been obtained by you, Batman. Yes, I know your secret. I’ve seen that faberge egg of yours in the “Batman Universe” file. I go through everyone’s trash. So stop pretending you don’t have the most powerful weapon in the universe in your pocket, ring up, and get your ass to Qward. You’re the White Lantern now, Batman. At least for today.

2 Likes

This is the Batman of Earth- NML (yes, I know that’s not a real earth pick a number that isn’t taken and go with it! On this earth NML never ended).
After sending your coded message across the Multiverse so only the best strategist can advise you, I offer this solution upon reviewing the heroes of your earth!

Team one (against this ‘Hyperspeed’ and the Injustice League): The with the fastest man on your earth already on the team you will need brawn, brain, and diplomacy. Also someone who can lead you through those savage lands! I recommend the one you call “Wonder Woman” for the diplomacy, jungle navigation she no doubt learned on her home island and brawn, the one you call “Martian Manhunter” (diplomacy, brawn, and he can counter Hector Hammond), our old friend Zee (Zatanna) for this Felix Faust character and Circe, and your earth’s Harley Quinn (on my earth she is a villain of tremendous evil but on your earth I believe she could be convinced to help and will definitely throw Deathstroke and for a loop). All the diplomats are because I am not convinced this “Hyperspeed” is evil or that he cannot be reasoned with. You have no evidence to support that he is evil, in fact have gone to Earth-51 to help O and have been captured himself.

This team will use Zee’s magic to get to this earth. Diana will lead. Then the Martian will shape-shift and infiltrate. If he can get a few of them at each other’s throats on the way it will help. Remember if he is caught your team is vulnerable to Hammond! Find Hyperspeed and O. Wonder Woman can then evaluate whether diplomacy, force, or stealth is best. If force, Flash can take Hyperspeed while the rest go against the predetermined. Zoom will not be accounted for so watch him! They get to a safe, predetermined location and get out the same way they got in. (They will no doubt botch this simple plan but I trust Diana and O to lead them through.)

For team two: Choose people you can afford to loose. My earth’s “Doomsday” killed several leaguers and ultimately Superman before he could be stopped. You need power and idiots. I recommend [this is going to ruin my already rotten reputation] Plastic Man. It took me a long time to trust “Eel” but he can probably take a few syndicate members. Also see if Constantine is available (not drunk). His magic could easily take some syndicate members or Doomsday and Bane. One of the Atoms would be good as well. Your earth has a few spares so pick the stealthiest and send them. They can hopefully create chaos among the syndicate members without getting noticed and infiltrate and cut off the venom supply. (I recommend Palmer due to age and experience). Last your team will need someone they trust on the team so they don’t realize that they are on a suicide mission. Also needs to be a heavy hitter. Jordan isn’t enough. Maybe the Specter or Superboy?

plan for team two: Take the syndicate as quietly as possible THEN take Doomsday and Bane. Hal is the leader on this one. Send team one a little before team two for maximum surprise. Cut off the Supply of venom and free the Anti-Monitor. If you are lucky, he will be mad and take Doomsday and Bane for you. If not your team will have to take Doomsday and Bane. Take Bane out quickly and then try to escape from Doomsday. The Weaponers of Qward can take care of themselves if you leave Doomsday on the planet.

If you ever need my help again, I am always willing to help another earth’s Batman. (If you get spare time I can’t decide whether the blue or black cape is better. And who is this “Damian” character on your earth?)

3 Likes

Brilliant! I didn’t read your post first for the record. Is that thing with Batman true?! (Please say yes!)

2 Likes

Check out BATMAN UNIVERSE by Brian Michael Bendis and Nick Derington, @TheBatgirlofNML, and find out for yourself…

3 Likes

Wow! Thanks for keeping us all educated!

2 Likes

(Don’t worry, Damian’s not in that one. :P)

1 Like

I like D just thought it be funny to have a pre- Damian Batman see Damian in another universe.

2 Likes

Holy cow!!! Best guest scenario ever!!! OMG!!! Wow!!!bravo!!!

2 Likes

Operation: We are Speed!!!

Team 1; Barry Allen: Impulse, Wallis West, Godspeed (Barry cashed in a favor), and Max Mercury

Team 2; Hal Jordan: Wally West, Our Earth Johnny quick, Jay Garrick, and Liberty Bell

Team Plan: use the villains’ weak areas to an advantage
Team 1: [since I’m using all speedsters, Barry doesn’t need to shlep them all himself. Everyone can take themselves which will throw off the bad guys a bit.] Hyperspeeds idle is Barry Allen, so that in itself will already throw Hyperspeeds off a bit. In addition, Barry is the most well practiced speedster out there, so if their is someone who can figure out a way to stop hyperspeed it’s Barry. Godspeed being almost equally as fast as Barry uses that to his advantage when reaching Earth-51. He bursts into their Earth and instantly takes down Felix Faust and Circe. Thus taking care of any potential heebie jeebie magic situations. Max Mercury will take on Reverse Flash seeing that he doesn’t have any family ties to the Allen’s. Thus enabling him to fight reverse flash with no emotional outrage (which is one of the biggest aspects of how reverse flash defeats Barry). Seeing that Deathstroke can predict moves, impulse is the perfect candidate. Impulse is a very sporadic individual, rendering himself unpredictable. Wallis will take on Hector Hammond. Seeing that Hector is immobile I think Wallis can get the jump on him before he is able to use his telepathic abilities. Now the remaining villains are mere humans dressed in fancy technology. So any speedster who finds the time, just strips them of their tech at superspeed and knocks them out with a quick punch.

Team Plan: sporadic attack on each individual. 4 speedsters against one person is a fight that should take .00000001 of a second
Team 2: They are on Qward and instantaneously Hal traps everyone but Power Ring in a cage/bubble/containment structure. This will allow every single speedster on the team to just unleash on Power Ring. Then Hal let’s out the next contestant, than the next than the next…so on and so forth until they are all knocked out and accounted for. Liberty Bell’s additional strength and flight will come in handy against the stronger villains.

And again guys…kudos on the scenario…literally brilliant!!

4 Likes

Hey, @kingofspeedsters just used all the speedsters!

I’m thinking that’s not a coincidence. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well done to everyone who responded to the prompt! They were all extremely creative and I commend everyone for the effort they put into this! @HubCityQuestion had a super inventive style that he wrote his prompt in, and did very well in thinking through every aspect of his solution and exploiting every possible weakness. @TheBatgirlofNML had contingencies in place just in case Hyperspeed was not in fact evil. Planning for that kind of thing is what separates heroes from villains, and I commend you for that. @Kingofspeedsters had the strongest themed team of the responses. He also did a good job explaining why each speedster was suited to take on their respective opponents, even though they all technically had the same set of powers. All in all the group had unique, interesting responses, and that’s what this thread is all about! Round of applause to all :smiley:

I’d also like to say thanks to @kingofspeedsters for allowing @JeepersItsTheJamags, @TornadoSoup, and myself to take the prompt for today! We all appreciate the work you put into this thread every week and take much pride in lifting the burden from your shoulders, if only for a day.

Good Luck to everyone this next week in Name the Character(s) Best Fit SEASON 2!

3 Likes

You got that right, @ralphsix

2 Likes

Wow…just wow…brought tears to my eyes. Well said. You guys are the greatest.

4 Likes

Of course! Can’t wait to see what’s in store for the week to come!

2 Likes